Confirmed with Link: Kasperi Kapanen traded back to Pittsburgh - Part II

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Seeing Kapanen is producing very well for you guys. Love to see it. One of the most physically gifted players with his skating being top 1% in the league

If kappy has taken the next step in his decision making I see a 30 goal and 65ish point RW. Will be worth his futre contract

I don't see him hitting that at all.

20 - 20 guy with maybe an upside of 50 pts.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I don't see him hitting that at all.

20 - 20 guy with maybe an upside of 50 pts.
Really? He looks so confident right now in games I've watched. Has chemistry with bis linemates and is actually getting more offensive opportunities with PP time.

50 points is still very good with his terrific PK and speed but I see him being better than that. Pens look like they are ready to get things rolling this year with the big guns starting g to ste it up (Sid and Geno closing back to ppg and above)

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Really? He looks so confident right now in games I've watched. Has chemistry with bis linemates and is actually getting more offensive opportunities with PP time.

50 points is still very good with his terrific PK and speed but I see him being better than that. Pens look like they are ready to get things rolling this year with the big guns starting g to ste it up (Sid and Geno closing back to ppg and above)

He has played 2:37 on the PK this year.

He is playing on the PP sparingly, but our coach doesn't seem committed to playing him there.

He seems to be the scape goat when we want a change in the top nine likely because he's big and doesn't play a physical game.

I don't see him sticking permanently with Geno and Sid over a full season if Sullivan is our coach. His game is also very streaky. He has 0 shots in a game and then follows it up with 2-3 pts. If he evens that out maybe a 60 point season is in the cards, but with little PK and PP time I doubt it.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I don't see him sticking permanently with Geno and Sid over a full season if Sullivan is our coach

This is the kicker here. I think he could be a 30 - 30 guy if he was given PP time and kept with them. It depends on a lot. He could follow Rust path very easily if they move on from Rust this summer or next year. He wont be a consistent 30 - 30 guy but he could have a year or two toping out there very easily.

He is on pace this year for 60 with minimal time. It will all come down to his usage. He also looks more comfortable each game.

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
Looks good. He’s a lot of the good parts of Kessel, like the breakaway speed + near-guaranteed finish that can change a game in a second, but without the negatives of garbage D and poor compete level.

Looks like he could easily be a 30-30 guy in a full season with 1st unit PP time.
Kap also has a one-timer.

The standing still was easily the most frustrating part of Phil's game, but a close second were the open nets he'd not even attempt because he didn't have a one-timer in his game.

And Kap is cheaper. He's an upgrade in just about every way. I think I'm in love.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Kap also has a one-timer.

The standing still was easily the most frustrating part of Phil's game, but a close second were the open nets he'd not even attempt because he didn't have a one-timer in his game.

And Kap is cheaper. He's an upgrade in just about every way. I think I'm in love.

Kessel's noodle stick made it impossible for him to receive passes or one time the puck. It was sad.

His career's just about over. His next contract will be like 1 yr, $1.5M and he may just decide to quit at that point.

He did have excellent vision though, on the PP. Thanks for the Cups bruh.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Looks good. He’s a lot of the good parts of Kessel, like the breakaway speed + near-guaranteed finish that can change a game in a second, but without the negatives of garbage D and poor compete level.

Looks like he could easily be a 30-30 guy in a full season with 1st unit PP time.

Of course, the great parts of Kessel are something the PP's missed since he left, and it's why it turned to shit overnight.

Kapanen has a lot of positive attributes, and he's strong in areas where Kessel was poor, but he's not even close to Kessel in terms of operating strictly from the blueline in, especially where we need it. Very few are.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Watching him take off here over the last two weeks has me breathing a huge sigh of relief.

Not just because of the price we paid, but because I spent the summer of 2019 psyching myself up about the arrival of Galchenyuk, watching the hype videos from the club and hoping he was going to gel quickly. Obviously the situations were totally different, considering Galchenyuk was a bit of a reclamation job from the outset. But just the difference between the "Can't wait to get out there, get a fresh start" soundbytes from the player, and the putrid season he had for us had me so let down.

Flash forward one year, and I found myself falling in the same "hype" trap over summer 2020 too, hoping this guy could blossom from a middle six guy into the perfect complimentary winger for 71/87 as they ride into their sunset years. KK is obviously younger, and comes with a "known" quantity about his game compared to a "project" player in AG, but I was still feeling the hype. Then there was the delayed start to the season, the low ice time initially, and our putrid start as a team with the injuries, etc, and I was hoping this wasnt going to go sour before it ever got a chance to really click. But seeing him start to cash in with Malkin has me relieved as hell. Plus I love the guy's toolbox. The speed, the size, the graft and workrate, the nice arsenal of moves when he's bearing down on goal. Get him on the PK as a genuine scoring threat, and we're really cooking with gas.

Plus, the fact that we got him back from TML...I know it was a for a first when we reacquired him, but I've done the mental gymnastics to tell myself we paid Harrington and two firsts to Toronto for Kessel, the two cups he helped win, and for them to develop them, alot like a loan in soccer.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3