~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Nice goal tonight.
full

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Really interested to see if he's the guy that can really complete the 2nd line.

Skillset seems like a perfect fit there imo.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Yeah, it looked like a nothing play, but Duchene caught him with an (unintentional) elbow:

He has a brutal concussion history, and after this one he looked VERY concussed. Laying on the ice awhile, had to be helped off, clearly very dizzy. Honestly, that could be a season ender for him, given his history.

Before we signed him, he’d had … I think 5 documented concussions? He’s certainly getting close to “retire early for his longterm health” territory :/

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Yeah this should probably be the end of his career, sucks because he's a likeable player. He's made 10 million in the NHL according to cap friendly. Enough to walk away and enjoy your life

Mar 26, 2010
I’m bummed about Kase, and agreed his season might be over, but that was clearly unintentional by Duchene, he was just skating up the ice with the puck.
Kase and Muzzin are both done. Head injuries are not something to play around with. You would think this is the end for kase now and Muzzin is literally one hit away from being retired.

riffle

Mar 17, 2022
East of Eden
Ondrej Kase is one of the most spirited and comical personalities in the game. His on-ice passion is amazing and his off-ice demeanor is a treat. That laugh of his is legendary. The joy of a child is in that guy.

Watching him like that was brutal. He's only 26 and his career may be in serious jeopardy.

My guess is he'll return either a few games before the playoffs, or when they begin. He's a LTIR candidate. Time to shelve Muzzin and Kase and use their money over the next couple of days.

Kyle has to add something now at forward. Knies could be that piece that comes out of nowhere, but Kyle has to be proactive knowing Kase is questionable to survive a deep run should the Leafs be able to do such a thing.

Reactions: ShaneFalco

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Poor Kase, he was half asleep on the way down. He is so fragile. I thought he had turned a corner as he's been in some hits and bumps lately, but nobody can blame Duchene, he was basically skating and actually avoiding him, just the follow through and natural movement of his arm. Kase always skates in a bent over fashion opening him up for these incidents.

For Kase 's sake he should retire. I love him, his passion, attitude, heart, but health comes first.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
We need to hire Dr. Robidas as alternate team doctor. Everyone he sees goes on LTIR for the rest of the season. If the team asks you to see Dr. Robidas, get your golf clubs ready.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
I’m bummed about Kase, and agreed his season might be over, but that was clearly unintentional by Duchene, he was just skating up the ice with the puck.
I want to blame Duchene there but I can't. However I do think the knee on Marner deserves a call from the league.

Really feeling for Kase. He's been a great story here and a great contributor. If he was my kid I think I would be pushing him to become an agent or something now and hang up the blades.

Frostitute

Feb 9, 2022
Northern Ontario
I am really a fan of Kase's game and an even bigger fan of his drive and determination. If anyone can come back from this in time for the playoffs it is probably him.

That being said I think he needs to consider his long-term health and retire. When you have had that many concussions and you are only in your mid 20s it's time to step away permanently.

Either way I wish you all the best Kase and hope you are happy and healthy long-term.

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
Kase is the exact type of player this team needs more of. Secondary scoring at a reasonable price. Sad to see him constantly get injured. I dont know if he just has tunnel vision or what but he seems to get rocked by hits very frequently. Hoping for a speedy recovery. Have loved having him on the team

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Kase is the exact type of player this team needs more of. Secondary scoring at a reasonable price. Sad to see him constantly get injured. I dont know if he just has tunnel vision or what but he seems to get rocked by hits very frequently. Hoping for a speedy recovery. Have loved having him on the team

Wishing him a full and speedy recovery, but the play style that we all love is what gets him into trouble.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
I like Kase it'll be a shame if it's over for him. Have to respect that he was still willing to engage physically knowing he was most likely in a fragile state.
He certainly has the heart.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
I want to blame Duchene there but I can't. However I do think the knee on Marner deserves a call from the league.

Really feeling for Kase. He's been a great story here and a great contributor. If he was my kid I think I would be pushing him to become an agent or something now and hang up the blades.
He also had an embarrassing dive after getting out of the box and of course the refs bought it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad