Tribute Kase appreciation thread

kb

Aug 28, 2009
IF Ritchie, continues to throw those open ice hits, doesn't take cheap penalties, plays good defence, gets a few more points..

Guy is gonna get some love from this board,certainly me.

If he does that, and the rest of the team just stays at this level...Foof, hold on to your seats.
Yup. Ritchie has played much better the last 4-5 games. Big hits and screens

Reactions: Gallagbi

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
It’d be excellent to keep him cheap, maybe a stable term, like 2.5/5 or 3/4, but if not then at least he got to build his game back up.

Love him, he’s fearless and skilled, and he’ll even agitate.

Reactions: Antropovsky

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
It’d be excellent to keep him cheap, maybe a stable term, like 2.5/5 or 3/4, but if not then at least he got to build his game back up.

Love him, he’s fearless and skilled, and he’ll even agitate.
Ideal mix of skill and tenacity - these are the types of players that build championship teams. Now if only he could rub off on our leaders and highest paid players.

All the free agents have had good compete levels (with exception to Ritchie but at least his toughness/skill mix has been a welcome addition).... it's the existing roster that still is emotionless and soft (outside of Simmonds).

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
He's the winger version of Grabovski .. I hope his health can keep up but I fear he'll put something in a bad position and get badly hurt.

Still heck of a player though, what a great depth pickup.

Mar 26, 2010
Kase has been good! What a surprise…I did not know how valuable of a player he was.

He is exactly the type of guy you want on your team in the playoffs.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
A nice little cherry on top is that Boston didn't even give him a QO so the Leafs were able to grab him and retain his rights as a RFA in the off-season.

The cherry on top of that cherry is Kase and Ritchie are currently outproducing Nick Foligno 20 to 4, and they make $50K less combined than Foligno. We're definitely looking good in that non trade with Boston.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
he's starting to look like a good player again, and I was ready to toss him earlier in the season

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Even Strength

Bunting: 28gms, 5gls, 16pts
Hyman: 25gms, 7gls, 12pts
Kase: 25gms, 7gls, 11pts

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I did not realize how hard this guy works .. combined with his skill and he is a solid pickup .. hope we can keep him given CAP issues

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I did not realize how hard this guy works .. combined with his skill and he is a solid pickup .. hope we can keep him given CAP issues
He’s playing good but he’s not blowing it out of the water and given his injury history I doubt he prices himself out of Toronto.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
He’s playing good but he’s not blowing it out of the water and given his injury history I doubt he prices himself out of Toronto.
9 F 5 D and 1 G signed for next year at 76.1M .. CAP is 82.5M .. leaves us 6.4M left .. Soup getting 5M likely so either a lot of changes incoming or not much left to sign 3 forwards and 1D

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
9 F 5 D and 1 G signed for next year at 76.1M .. CAP is 82.5M .. leaves us 6.4M left .. Soup getting 5M likely so either a lot of changes incoming or not much left to sign 3 forwards and 1D

Campbell seems like someone who actually loves being a Maple Leaf. It’s where his career really took off and where he’s gotten the best opportunity. I can see Campbell leaving some money on the table in order to stay a Maple Leaf. I can see 4 million per over 5 years.

An option could be moving Mrazek in order to free up cap space. Maybe make a move for someone like Martin Jones to backup Soup. Don’t see Jones making more than what he signed for this past season which is 2 million.

If the Leafs choke in the playoffs, I think Marner needs to be traded to shake things up, etc… Salary seems pretty limited right now but a lot of possibilities. I’m not too worried.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad