Tribute Kase appreciation thread

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
As a life long Brentford FC supporter who's team signed a star player who suffered cardiac arrest on the field last summer, I'll say what I said about Christian Eriksson, I wish Kase will retire and just enjoy a healthy life with his family. That was really tough to watch.

Reactions: Tak7 and ShaneFalco

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Poor guy, hope he can recover ok. I don't think he comes back to the Leafs this season and his career may be done. I hope there are not long term issues.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Wishing him a full and speedy recovery, but the play style that we all love is what gets him into trouble.

Coming into the Leafs with 5 past concussions in his past and considered retirement, he was a pleasant surprise as we spoke earlier before the season started, I thought he would spend most of the season on LTIR as a result.

I believed he might have been a LTIR play to start the year, after playing only 3 games for Boston the year previous, and Leafs might have him for the playoffs, but it appears I may have had it backwards.

Leafs got far more out of him then I expected. This concussion might be his last unfortunately.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Coming into the Leafs with 5 past concussions in his past and considered retirement, he was a pleasant surprise as we spoke earlier before the season started, I thought he would spend most of the season on LTIR as a result.

Leafs got far more out of him then I expected. This concussion might be his last unfortunately.
I fear you might be correct, but I hope not.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Any update on Kase? I realize with his history he might be done for good. Just curious how he's doing.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Once his double vision and headaches are gone, hopefully already, he will be back .. guy is a trooper .. issue is how long does MLSE sports science guys hold him out with no symptoms .. dude would have played already if it was up to him .. Holl likely sits next week too

Reactions: Jmo89

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Anyone got any updates on Kase? Hope he is clear of his double vision and migraines. My friend in sports sciences has gone quiet which I don't think is a good sign. He was a big contributor and will be missed if done.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Anyone got any updates on Kase? Hope he is clear of his double vision and migraines. My friend in sports sciences has gone quiet which I don't think is a good sign. He was a big contributor and will be missed if done.

I feel for Kase...dude looked good for Boston but always out with injury. He's been fantastic/fits the TML mold. IMO I can't see how he would survive a playoff format. Scary situation for him and his future.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Here's hoping. But most important is his health long term.
Agreed .. 100% his health is his life .. what threw me off was when Keefer said what he did and my buddy told me something completely different .. but likely just Keefer being Keefer and Kase is a warrior so he likely told Keefer he wanted back on ice .. and I get that I would have said same thing too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad