Tribute Kase appreciation thread

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Trade Ritchie for a bags of pucks, re-sign Kase on a multi year deal to lower the AAV and help Kase out as well with some secure income even if he gets injured again.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
He's small to me, 6ft , 190lbs, to me is a bone rack of a man.

Average size of an NHL player is about 6'1" and 200 pounds. I guess by definition he's small, but so is a huge part of the league. A pretty weird adjective to use on someone a hair away from the average.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lil Tuzzi Bert

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Pleasantly surprised. Hard nosed guy who doesn't back off because of his previous injuries.

Yeah that's the surprising part. You'd expect a player with his previous injuries to be a little more reserved, but he's fearless.

He's paired with a BIG player like Kampf too, who has been really good.

It's funny how all our forward line combos are Center and RW, but all the LWers are interchangeable.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Yeah that's the surprising part. You'd expect a player with his previous injuries to be a little more reserved, but he's fearless.

He's paired with a BIG player like Kampf too, who has been really good.

It's funny how all our forward line combos are Center and RW, but all the LWers are interchangeable.
I think that is in no small part due to the fact that all 3 being left shot C's, and passing/receiving on the forehand is infinitely easier than backhand.

Reactions: Primary Assist

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
I want to see him up on top 6 for a few games.....at first Kerfoot is who I wanted to swap for him but Kerf has been playing well too.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I honestly didn't get it when he was promoted to the top line, at the time he was just vanilla from my pov. However, Kase has really turned it on, become dynamic and impactful, making Dubas look better and better. Great to see for the team, depth scoring is KEY.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
I still don't trust Kase's health approaching the 1/4 way pole, and as a result prefer both the Bunting and Kampf signings at the moment.
Love the guy so far but that last second play almost sending himself to the hospital for literally no reason is why I refuse to get too attached to him. Shielding myself from any disappointment when the injury pops up.

Reactions: The Iceman

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Didn't know a lot about him but he's growing on me. Great pick up, same with Kampf.

Reactions: Gallagbi

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
loved this guy all season, was funny when he wasn't producing how many people in GDTs were saying "what does this guy do?" / he's useless etc.

now that he's producing they are silenced but really - he was doing the exact type of game at the start of the season, just snake bitten

we need more guys like Kase in the lineup, gives 110% every shift also he has done all this while thrust into a checking role, remarkable!

Reactions: Pinto and 4thline

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Kessel Lite?

Not even close. They couldn’t be any further from the same.

Kessel, while talented, plays very safe and like he has eggs in his equipment every game. Which is why he’s about to play his 915th consecutive game tonight, and 915 games is about as many games as Kase has missed in the last 10 years with injuries, due to him playing with reckless abandon and hard every shift. So, No. Lol.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
he has picked up his play, but, i can see why he's injured so often... reckless, and takes too many high impact hits.

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
If he can stay healthy, hes that much needed spark plug, now that Hyman is gone.

bbgobie

Sep 19, 2009
So the biggest knock on him is he gave a 60 min effort?

Thats a pretty sweet compliment in my books. Some other Leaf players might've stopped playing with a 3 goal lead and a few minutes left in the 3rd...

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Fearless and/or reckless, he has been a treat to watch and very effective.

Hopefully he stays healthy enough for the playoffs.

McSnypsky

Jun 22, 2019
This line with Ritchie could work as IIRC Richie and Kase use to play together in Anaheim.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Ritchie isn’t a bad option on that line with Kampf and Kase but I do want to see Mikheyev slotted there given his speed and two-way game.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Love, love this guy. He seems too dumb to keep himself from becoming injured. I can definitely see how injuries derailed his career. He throws himself into every play with complete and wild abandon in a way that even Grabovski would find impressive. It is some old school shit. I would get a Kase jersey.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
I didn’t really like him at the start of the year but he’s impressed the last few games. Wonder what he’d do on the top line with Matthews and Marner
he is a right winger, the only knock on him.
If he played the left side, it would be spectacular.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad