Waived: Karri Ramo (update: recalled from Stockton)

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I don't think that is the case whatsoever..which is the problem. You can't possible make that determination based on the lack of opportunity he has received this year, and obviously Brad Treliving thinks enough of him as to not expose him to waivers at a time in which he would have been claimed.

The handling of Ortio by Hartley specifically has been abysmal, although with that said it is all but a guarantee now that Ortio will clear waivers when exposed.

^^^

One bad game, and one "meh" game are not a sample size that tells us anything about whether Ortio is NHL ready... I mean he's still got a better save percentage than Hiller.

Devilspuppet666

Dec 25, 2010
Calgary
I don't think that is the case whatsoever..which is the problem. You can't possible make that determination based on the lack of opportunity he has received this year, and obviously Brad Treliving thinks enough of him as to not expose him to waivers at a time in which he would have been claimed.

The handling of Ortio by Hartley specifically has been abysmal, although with that said it is all but a guarantee now that Ortio will clear waivers when exposed.

i hate the way Hartley manages goalies in general.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Wouldn't be surprised to see some conditioning stints come into play here, for Hiller or Ortio. Would not surprised to see Hiller waived either.

Agreed.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

I really do think that was part of the plan with not playing him, to make sure other teams will pass on him. Your point is valid, but my point comes from the fact that Hartley runs the bench and did even seem remotely tempted to give Ortio a shot when the season started, which tells me he has zero confidence in him. It was only when Treliving forced his hand and waived Ramo that Orts got a chance, we saw how that went and how it's gone since.

100% the sample size is incredibly small, I cannot state my beliefs as fact. But I go by the coaches actions to make my opinion.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I really do think that was part of the plan with not playing him, to make sure other teams will pass on him. Your point is valid, but my point comes from the fact that Hartley runs the bench and did even seem remotely tempted to give Ortio a shot when the season started, which tells me he has zero confidence in him. It was only when Treliving forced his hand and waived Ramo that Orts got a chance, we saw how that went and how it's gone since

I hope that wasn't the plan, but I can see that as a possibility. I don't think it's a smart option to be toying with the players emotions and development like that. I can't imagine Joni is overly thrilled with the way he has been handled. I sure wouldn't be.

100% the sample size is incredibly small, I cannot state my beliefs as fact. But I go by the coaches actions to make my opinion.

I can understand that and would agree with the notion that in Hartley's mind Joni Ortio is definitely not NHL ready.

I just don't think it's as easy as saying that because Hartley is unwilling to give Joni a fair shake that he isn't ready to be a capable NHL option. He may or may not be, who knows. I personally think he has shown enough at the professional level to have at least EARNED a fair shot however. Treliving and Hartely were not on the same page in regards to Joni, that much is for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00