Karlsson's speed on EN goal

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Pre-Cooke Karlsson floated around the ice. Now he's still fast, but he looks like he's trying a lot harder and digging into the ice to get leverage.

He also doesn't have that silly old video game style speed burst that it used to look like he pressed. He just accelerates past people like a normal fast skater, instead of just appearing 2 feet in front of someone.

That's true. It looked flat out effortless before. Now there are certain angles/movements that look a bit more labored. Still beautiful stride though for the most part and obviously still ridiculously fast even if he's more Michael Grabner than Pavel Bure.

I like the idea to chip it into open space (gambling that he could get to it before the defenders and what not).

That said I didn't find the speed to be particularly amazing, I think Karlsson's had a lot better skating/speed feats in the past (and he is no doubt an exceptional skater).

Was expecting Mackinnon or McDavid levels of burst/speed. Nevertheless, good play.

Yeah, the two things that got me were the chip move and the positioning on Domi/kick to stick. Lot of little things in that sequence that were just mind and effort!

rh71

Nov 12, 2005
Long Island, NY
If Tie Domi weren't so short, his kid would've won that race. Nice goal for the speedy forward though.

BTW, holy hell he uses a long stick.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
He looks like he has to put in more effort now. I still think his skating isn't what it was, but he's become smarter and picks his spots better.

Pre-injury Karlsson would go coast to coast without looking like he was trying.

I think alot of it can just be attributed to just being heavier. Back in those days he was probably 160-165 tops. Now, he's probably closer to 185-190. He's also stronger, so his speed is just as good, but his skating style and agility have changed a bit.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
For people who still think he's a train wreck defensively, please watch the Sens play. The difference between him on ice and off ice for our defense is astounding. MVP calibre of play. Anyone have stats on GF and GA with him on the ice this season?

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
For people who still think he's a train wreck defensively, please watch the Sens play. The difference between him on ice and off ice for our defense is astounding. MVP calibre of play. Anyone have stats on GF and GA with him on the ice this season?

Who cares what others think, just enjoy watching a great player play. Last time he started this great he got Cooked, so keeping fingers crossed to see a healthy (and not overused) Karlsson for the season. If he keeps up his current form he will definitely be in the conversation for the Hart, not just the Norris, implying that the Sens will make the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad