Karlsson Trade

What would you trade for Karlsson?

• Total voters

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Because this started with s disagreement where some sharks tans contenfed they would get a haul and not require retained sakary if they traded him.

I have understood as much, I’m not sure that a heavily biased poll will settle your dispute though.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He wasnt PPG and he certainly was nowhere near the Pietrangelo or even Letang realm.

He had a very good points per game, I did not say he was PPG.

Karlsson over his career has proved to be better than Letang and Pietrangelo. Letang is my favorite player in the league. The only reason Letang would be considered better is his cap hit.

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
Pietrangelo ain’t even the best D on his own team.

The Blues also finally won a cup when he was used in easy deployment instead of pretending he was a # 1.

So you don't think Keith has been a #1 since 2011-12? You don't think Hedman was ever a #1? Am i following your logic here

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
I'd give up something decent if theres retention. But no blue chip prospects going his way.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
So you don't think Keith has been a #1 since 2011-12? You don't think Hedman was ever a #1? Am i following your logic here

Keith was used multiple different ways in the three cup wins.

Hedman’s offensive numbers are on par with Karlsson.

This argument is that Piets is the better D when him and Karlsson have been largely used in the same type of roles and Karlsson has been much better.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
1. Doesn’t matter, necessarily. If 22.1% of GMs would trade a first for Karlsson then you’d have 6-7 teams interested. Not that I think that’s the case, Karlsson’s contract will be a contentious issue for any team in a cap league — however — I do think that with retention, a lot of teams should be interested and would give up valuable assets for him. Didn’t see that option in the poll?

2. I tend to agree with the posters who called out this poll for being shit. It’s definitely biased towards a highly negative notion of Karlsson’s value. How many teams can fit Karlsson under their cap? How many feel like they would love to see Karlsson on their team but realizes it would not make sense for them to try and obtain him? Why are most of the options variants of “Karlsson is worth nothing of value in return”, when the issue at hand for most is his massive cap hit over term, rather than his upside as a player?
22% of fans would. Not GMs. Very different.

You make some valid points though.

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Keith was used multiple different ways in the three cup wins.

Hedman’s offensive numbers are on par with Karlsson.

This argument is that Piets is the better D when him and Karlsson have been largely used in the same type of roles and Karlsson has been much better.
Pietrangelo is excellent on both sides of the ice.....

Reactions: BlueMed

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Pietrangelo is in no shape or form better than Karsson.

Well he sure was in the extra 30+ games that Karlsson couldn't play in and in the playoffs when Karlsson probably shouldn't have been playing but did last year.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I said he had a very good PPG rate.

Yes I went back and saw what you wrote after you posted it and it was a little vague so partly my bad.

That being said why is it when anything negative is posted about Karlsson it's always another players fault?

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Pietrangelo has never been as good as Karlsson and probably doesn’t even have a season that touches any of Karlsson’s top five seasons

Reactions: armani

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad