Friedman: Karlsson trade talks picking up, Vancouver interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

VicVinegar

Realtor/Bodyguard
Sep 28, 2017
If the Sens and Dallas failed to negotiate a trade in the past, but are still talking, why do you assume that only the Sens could be changing their ask, not Dallas changing their offer?
Never said they wouldn't, merely that Heiskanen is off the table, said by Nill and every Star insider.

But it doesn't matter who we quote/post, you will make up something. Sensung M.O.

Reactions: AndreRoy

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Who are all these random nobodies that people quote all the time? I think we've gotten like 45 quotes from different people and HFBoards treat it like it's gospel. He doesn't know ****, just like everybody else.

Sean Shapiro's relevant record and history are all publicly available. If you don't know who he is you are more than capable of educating yourself. If you think nobody knows anything then nobody can help you.

Shapiro is the GM for the Stars...when did they fire Nill?

Oilers not for sale...
Oilers not for sale, owners tell billionaire suitor | CBC News

What is your point? That sometimes insiders are wrong or that sometimes things change? Everyone knows that.

Your personal opinion is much more likely to be wrong than someone's who is in the know.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Never said they wouldn't, merely that Heiskanen is off the table, said by Nill and every Star insider.

But it doesn't matter who we quote/post, you will make up something. Sensung M.O.
Could Nill say that, but then change his mind and include Heikanen? Is it a possibility?

Have you ever negotiated for a car or house?

Did you give your final bottom line offer to start?

VicVinegar

Realtor/Bodyguard
Sep 28, 2017
Could Nill say that, but then change his mind and include Heikanen? Is it a possibility?

Have you ever negotiated for a car or house?

Did you give your final bottom line offer to start?
Slim possibility. One that doesn't hold as much value as what has already been said. (can you even admit that, or are you too stubborn?)

Once again, why do you bother with these trade proposals for Karlsson? You believe he's re-siging anyway. Oh right, you're trolling.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
What is your point? That sometimes insiders are wrong or that sometimes things change? Everyone knows that.

Clearly the Stars fans who post in absolutes have forgotten this basic fact. I was simply being helpful and reminding them.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Clearly the Stars fans who post in absolutes have forgotten this basic fact. I was simply being helpful and reminding them.

You're not being helpful. You are derailing this thread and the ones before it by doubting every piece of information that doesn't align with your personal wishes.

Reactions: BondraTime

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Slim possibility. One that doesn't hold as much value as what has already been said. (can you even admit that, or are you too stubborn?)

Once again, why do you bother with these trade proposals for Karlsson. You believe he's re-siging anyway. Oh right, you're trolling.
Sorry that your position is so weak it can't stand up to scrutiny.

It's a trade discussion board and I'm discussing a trade. Sorry, but that isn't trolling by any definition of the word.

VicVinegar

Realtor/Bodyguard
Sep 28, 2017
Sorry that your position is so weak it can't stand up to scrutiny.

It's a trade discussion board and I'm discussing a trade. Sorry, but that isn't trolling by any definition of the word.
Yes, my position is weak, not yours. Mine isn't backed by quotes from relevant sources, like yours.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
You're not being helpful. You are derailing this thread and the ones before it by doubting every piece of information that doesn't align with your personal wishes.
I'm derailing the thread by pointing out that posters are taking liberties with the truth?

In your mind your inane prattle has value and helps define the trade market. Sorry champ, but that simply is not the case.

VicVinegar

Realtor/Bodyguard
Sep 28, 2017
Alright Sensung, I've matured up and ignored you. Won't be able to see your posts so don't bother replying to me anymore.

Reactions: AndreRoy

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
I'm derailing the thread by pointing out that posters are taking liberties with the truth?

In your mind your inane prattle has value and helps define the trade market. Sorry champ, but that simply is not the case.

You're derailing the thread by refusing to accept that other posters can have a different interpretation of the facts than you, and that you cannot change that interpretation unless you present new facts.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have never seen you present any actual content. You are just criticizing every single poster that doesn't say the Senators are being sold and that Karlsson is getting a franchise defining centerpiece in a trade. Notwithstanding that those two ideas are a total contradiction -- if Ottawa is sold the idea is that Karlsson re-signs.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Sean Shapiro's relevant record and history are all publicly available. If you don't know who he is you are more than capable of educating yourself. If you think nobody knows anything then nobody can help you.

What is the difference between him and all other 45 reporters on Twitter these past couple of months?

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
You're derailing the thread by refusing to accept that other posters can have a different interpretation of the facts than you, and that you cannot change that interpretation unless you present new facts.
I have zero problem with you having a different interpretation of facts, so long as you don't pretend that your interpretation defines reality.

For instance, any poster who claims that they don't believe Nill will change his mind and include Heiskanen is fine with me.

Any poster who claims that there is no possibility of this happening is wrong and I will gladly point it out.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why this basic fact bothers Stars fans so much.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
I have zero problem with you having a different interpretation of facts, so long as you don't pretend that your interpretation defines reality.

For instance, any poster who claims that they don't believe Nill will change his mind and include Heiskanen is fine with me.

Any poster who claims that there is no possibility of this happening is wrong and I will gladly point it out.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why this basic fact bothers Stars fans so much.

I don't believe my thoughts define reality. That's literally Schizophrenia. You got on my case originally because you wanted proof of my opinion that if Heiskanen were ever made available this trade would be done. Obviously, I can't prove an opinion, so here we are having this pointless discussion.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I don't believe my thoughts define reality. That's literally Schizophrenia. You got on my case originally because you wanted proof of my opinion that if Heiskanen were ever made available this trade would be done. Obviously, I can't prove an opinion, so here we are having this pointless discussion.
But you didn't state that as your opinion, you stated it as a fact.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
But you didn't state that as your opinion, you stated it as a fact.

You believe I stated this :

If Heiskanen was made available for even one drunken regretful evening this trade would be done.

As a fact? Like what? You need to be able to recognize an opinion as an opinion even if it doesn't have "I believe" or "in my opinion" in front of it. That's the whole issue and why you're such a thorn in these discussions.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
You believe I stated this :

As a fact? Like what? You need to be able to recognize an opinion as an opinion even if it doesn't have "I believe" or "in my opinion" in front of it. That's the whole issue and why you're such a thorn in these discussions.

I'm a thorn for asking for people to stop passing off their opinion as fact.

Three Stars fans throw a hissy fit because I suggested the possibility that Nill could change his mind and include Heiskanen.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
I just think in the trade proposal sub-forum there should be open discussion about potential deals outside of the obvious of what both clubs want. You take the information from what's been reported and use that as the building blocks for your discussion.

Saying you dont want Honka is fine but how about being conducive to the conversation and adding to it with counter offers. If you dont know much about the organizations roster, or you simply dont like any of the packages from that team, that's perfectly fine. Just stay out of the conversation then and discuss with fans from a team that you do have interest in.

Always turns into a pissing contest between people about who's opinion is more factual. Got old fast with all the Karlsson threads so I just tried to inject some fun into it with an offer I thought was very competitive.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
I'm a thorn for asking for people to stop passing off their opinion as fact.

Three Stars fans throw a hissy fit because I suggested the possibility that Nill could change his mind and include Heiskanen.

I tried to have a mature discussion with you so if you're going to tell Vic to be an adult you can't start acting like a child.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I just think in the trade proposal sub-forum there should be open discussion about potential deals outside of the obvious of what both clubs want. You take the information from what's been reported and use that as the building blocks for your discussion.

Saying you dont want Honka is fine but how about being conducive to the conversation and adding to it with counter offers. If you dont know much about the organizations roster, or you simply dont like any of the packages from that team, that's perfectly fine. Just stay out of the conversation then and discuss with fans from a team that you do have interest in.

Always turns into a pissing contest between people about who's opinion is more factual. Got old fast with all the Karlsson threads so I just tried to inject some fun into it with an offer I thought was very competitive.
If 10 Stars fans and Sens fans agree on a trade will Nill and Dorion be forced to accept?

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
If 10 Stars fans and Sens fans agree on a trade will Nill and Dorion be forced to accept?

That's why you come to these speculation threads? To get definitive anwers?

It's supposed to be hypothetical discussions. We dont take this as seriously as you do. It's for fun. Relax.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
That's why you come to these speculation threads? To get definitive anwers?

It's supposed to be hypothetical discussions. We dont take this as seriously as you do. It's for fun. Relax.
Perfectly relaxed thanks.

Mainly I come here to laugh at posters who think their opinion on trade values matters.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Perfectly relaxed thanks.

Mainly I come here to laugh at posters who think their opinion on trade values matters.

You've got serious issues if that's the way you think. Pretty odd complex you have going on for someone who's too lazy to back up what they say with any evidence for validity.

Hope things turn around for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad