Friedman: Karlsson trade talks picking up, Vancouver interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Ummm...I never said he was, just that it is a possibility, in spite of what the "experts" here claim.

It's not "experts here". You're saying virtually every professional analyst who has chimed in on it is wrong. They've all said Heiskanen is a no go. You can't argue that theres all the proof in the world to validate it.

VicVinegar

Realtor/Bodyguard
Sep 28, 2017
It's not "experts here". You're saying virtually every professional analyst who has chimed in on it is wrong. They've all said Heiskanen is a no go. You can't argue that theres all the proof in the world to validate that.
Too much logic.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
EK might retire before the season starts. Nothing indicates it, but it's a possibility (he's gone through a lot in his personal life), so I'll post it here to take away from any meaningful conversation.

How you're allowed to post on these boards is beyond reason.
Sorry I post options you'd prefer not to consider.

Would you like to retire to your safe space now?

Nill made his comments re: Heiskanen earlier in the summer. He can change his mind. Seguin being difficult to sign might be the kind of impetus that causes him to do so.

VicVinegar

Realtor/Bodyguard
Sep 28, 2017
Sorry I post options you'd prefer not to consider.

Would you like to retire to your safe space now?

Nill made his comments re: Heiskanen earlier in the summer. He can change his mind. Seguin being difficult to sign might be the kind of impetus that causes him to do so.
You believe Karlsson is re-signing anyway. Why bother with these trade threads? Oh, right...

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Trollololol
How is my posting valid options you'd prefer not to consider trolling?

Unlike your side, I'm not claiming my unsubstantiated opinion is fact, just a possibility. f

If anything, the posters claiming absolutes should be banned for acting like they have inside knowledge of the trade talks.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
It's not "experts here". You're saying virtually every professional analyst who has chimed in on it is wrong. They've all said Heiskanen is a no go. You can't argue that theres all the proof in the world to validate it.
Nill went on record earlier in the summer and stated Heiskanen is a no go.

It is no longer earlier in the summer.

If the trade talks are still on-going, one of the two parties may have softened their stance. You'd prefer to ignore the possibility that it is Nill who has changed his offer.

VicVinegar

Realtor/Bodyguard
Sep 28, 2017

If the trade talks are still on-going, one of the two parties may have softened their stance. You'd prefer to ignore the possibility that it is Nill who has changed his offer.
So you believe EK might want nothing to do with the Sens organization anymore?

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla

Like I said, you're really reaching on that. Not saying it's impossible, but it's a reach nonetheless. But if you're going to have that diversity in your thought process why are you having trouble considering Ottawa has interest in Honka?

Can't use one-way streets only when its convenient for you.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
So you believe EK might want nothing to do with the Sens organization anymore?
I believe that the possibility exists, sure. Maybe something happened to change EK's mind. If he has heard that Melnyk maintains control over the franchise going forward than I don't believe he will sign. (Note, I'm not saying there is no chance he does, just that I don't believe it to be likely)

I'm not the one refusing to look at perfectly viable possibilities or stating absolutes that are not backed by facts. I'll leave that to Dallas and Tampa Fans.

VicVinegar

Realtor/Bodyguard
Sep 28, 2017
Maybe Sens fans. Only a fool would believe what a GM would say publicly about trade and/or contract negotiations.
So why do we even post things that GMs say? Why are they interviewed if it holds less value than what random fans say? Don't bother answering, I can't take another irrational/illogical response.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Like I said, you're really reaching on that. Not saying it's impossible, but it's a reach nonetheless. But if you're going to have that diversity in your thought process why are you having trouble considering Ottawa has interest in Honka?

Can't use one-way streets only when its convenient for you.
I wasn't saying Ottawa had no interest, just that I wouldn't personally do a deal with Honka as a central piece.
I don't make trades on behalf of NHL teams, nor do I pretend like my opinion is law.

VicVinegar

Realtor/Bodyguard
Sep 28, 2017
I believe that the possibility exists, sure. Maybe something happened to change EK's mind. If he has heard that Melnyk maintains control over the franchise going forward than I don't believe he will sign. (Note, I'm not saying there is no chance he does, just that I don't believe it to be likely)

I'm not the one refusing to look at perfectly viable possibilities or stating absolutes that are not backed by facts. I'll leave that to Dallas and Tampa Fans.
Your possibilities are one in a million. You focus on the smallest of options and hold them as same value as ones that have evidence behind them. I'd bet you're a conspiracy theorists too.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Your possibilities are one in a million. You focus on the smallest of options and hold them as same value as ones that have evidence behind them. I'd bet you're a conspiracy theorists too.
Nill changing his stance on trading an asset is far greater than one in a million, no matter how much you protest.

And do yourself the favour of not engaging in personal attacks. It's embarrassing and makes your position appear weaker than it already is.

VicVinegar

Realtor/Bodyguard
Sep 28, 2017
Nill changing his stance on trading an asset is far greater than one in a million. no matter how much you protest.

And do yourself the favour of not engaging in personal attacks. It's embarrassing and makes your position appear weaker than it already is.
You're done, you provide nothing a value to HF, in fact you provide negative value (ala Bobby Ryan).

VicVinegar

Realtor/Bodyguard
Sep 28, 2017

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
You're done, you provide nothing a value to HF, in fact you provide negative value (ala Bobby Ryan).
Too funny.

You can't handle someone who points out your narrow minded view of the situation, so you lash out.

Perhaps you should consider a more adult approach.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Bill Daly annoucing that Melnyk is not selling the Senators, from last June:
https://www.tsn.ca/daly-not-accurate-to-suggest-sens-are-for-sale-1.1125697

Heiskanen unavailable in Karlsson trade, August 22nd

Anything that contradicts either of the above is unsubstantiated speculation unless presented with a recent source.

Who are all these random nobodies that people quote all the time? I think we've gotten like 45 quotes from different people and HFBoards treat it like it's gospel. He doesn't know shit, just like everybody else.

Reactions: gab6511 and Sensung

VicVinegar

Realtor/Bodyguard
Sep 28, 2017
Too funny.

You can't handle someone who points out your narrow minded view of the situation, so you lash out.

Perhaps you should consider a more adult approach.
Hahaha, my thoughts are narrow minded. Keep it coming.

Maybe you should think like an adult.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
At this point, at a Leafs fan, I just want them to keep him till th3 end of the year.
It makes them allot harder to beat this year but not getting a big return will set them back a ton.
An extra young blue chip prospect + 1st (which is the minimum i think he goes for) could be a huge loss if he isnt moved.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Bill Daly annoucing that Melnyk is not selling the Senators, from last June:
https://www.tsn.ca/daly-not-accurate-to-suggest-sens-are-for-sale-1.1125697

Heiskanen unavailable in Karlsson trade, August 22nd

Anything that contradicts either of the above is unsubstantiated speculation unless presented with a recent source.

Shapiro is the GM for the Stars...when did they fire Nill?

And since when did people become so naive that they began to take GM's at their word during negotiations?

Oilers not for sale...
Oilers not for sale, owners tell billionaire suitor | CBC News

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Hahaha, my thoughts are narrow minded. Keep it coming.

Maybe you should think like an adult.

If the Sens and Dallas failed to negotiate a trade in the past, but are still talking, why do you assume that only the Sens could be changing their ask, not Dallas changing their offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad