Rumor: Karlsson to Lightning (Mod warning in OP - READ IT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Point and Sergachev have to be involved. Ottawa has to hit a home run on this deal......

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Only way I can see that happening is if Ottawa has another trade in place for him and he’s ok going to that location. I just don’t see why anyone in their right mind would choose to waive their nmc for Ottawa

Yup. While girardi or coburn would be a nice dump, you still need more cap going back the other way for tampa to sign him long term.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Not to OTT, but a different team perhaps in a subsequent deal

This will be a mammoth of a package to OTT. TBL is littered with great prospects, I am sure some teams would rather get TBL drafted prospects rather than the picks to draft their own :laugh:

Unfortunately for him NYI MTL CBJ are probably the other three most interested teams so he’s gonna have to go somewhere he doesn’t really love

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Sergachev+Gourde+Raddysh+2020 1st?

Move TJ or JT Miller in a subsequent deal for futures to replenish the cupboards a bit

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Would interesting, wonder how this would work long term with Karlsson likely wanting Doughty money along with their top scorer from last season likely wanting close to $10M per.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I don't see any way TB gives up Point, even for Karlsson. That kid is the real deal for a pittance of a salary.

Seems like Ottawa would be more interested in a big package of futures with Sergachev at the center.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Point and Sergachev have to be involved. Ottawa has to hit a home run on this deal......

Yeah both would be way too much...

One of them? Almost certainly...
Probably has to be Sergachev given OTTs situation...

Add Gourde, a 2020 1st and a couple of B pieces and Ottawa should be very happy with the return...

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014

Ottawa's realistic and ideal home run deal is: Sergachev + Volkov + Koekkok + Callahan + pick

Killorn and Johnson both have NTCs, and I doubt they waive it. Callahan as a modified NTC and I"d imagine if Ottawa tells him they'll flip him to another team (salary retained, only 2 years left on his deal) it could work.

Reactions: PhiladelphiaKessel

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
It's gotta be Point or Sergachev.

If it's Sergachev, maybe Miller goes to Ottawa as well. Miller and Callahan are the only significant Lightning forwards with cap hits that don't have full NTCs. Taking on Callahan's full cap hit would be out of character for Ottawa. He's still owed 4.7M for two seasons and only had 18 points last season.

Sergachev has two more years left on his ELC, point only has one year left. With Stralman and Cobourn likely leaving as UFAs after a Karlsson acquisition due to the salary cap, maybe that makes Sergachev more valuable to Tampa than Point. I don't see Tampa giving up both Point and Miller to Ottawa, their offense while still amazing would take a big hit. Tampa could still trade point after the season before his NTC kicks in to clear cap and benefit from having him for the entire 18-19 season.

Reactions: BHD

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Unfortunately for him NYI MTL CBJ are probably the other three most interested teams so he’s gonna have to go somewhere he doesn’t really love
For a top 6 C plenty of teams can use him.... I can see CAR, DAL, ANH, COL and to a lesser extent LAK having some interest (this is barring any cap issues of course)

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
To Tampa: Karlsson (Agrees to resign with Ottawa for 8 years less than 10M per year before being traded to Bolts)
To Ottawa: Johnson + Tampa's 2019 1st + Other team's 2019 2nd rounder
To Unknown team: Killorn + Tampa's 2020 1st + Tampa prospect

Slap legit potential dynasty on Tampa after that.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Point won't be involved. They simply can't afford to lose him when they will have to rid themselves of Tyler Johnson or Miller to make room.

It's most likely gonna be Sergachev +++

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I don't think Yzerman pulls the trigger if Point is involved. Rather, I see it being Sergachev with a big + instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad