Speculation: KARLSSON Megathread | Sens offer to EK | Teams given permission to talk extention page 12

Does Melnyk offer EK the same (or better) contract that Due Doughty just agreed to with the Kings?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Yost is an idiot who honestly believed that a disaster player like Weircioch was great.

Ok, I don't like Yost either, but Yost's personal analysis of a player and Yost's ability to repeat what a source has told him are two entirely different things. One is a personal opinion, the other ia repeating a thing someone told him.

I mean... Yost totally might be wrong here, absolutely, but regardless of whether he is correct or not in this instance, it will have nothing to do with his ability (or lack thereof) to properly assess hockey players.

I mean... I personally thought Wiercioch was trash, but having that opinion doesn't mean I'm right about other hockey things.

Reactions: BigRig4

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Ok, I don't like Yost either, but Yost's personal analysis of a player and Yost's ability to repeat what a source has told him are two entirely different things. One is a personal opinion, the other ia repeating a thing someone told him.

I mean... Yost totally might be wrong here, absolutely, but regardless of whether he is correct or not in this instance, it will have nothing to do with his ability (or lack thereof) to properly assess hockey players.

Agreed.

I just really dislike him.

Reactions: BonkTastic

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yost is an idiot who honestly believed that a disaster player like Weircioch was great.

What the rest of the league thinks about our operation is meaningless: most fans here assume the worst case scenario is a given and that anyone preaching calm is an apologist, why would the rest of the league think otherwise?
Well to be fair. In wierciochs disaster of a final season here he admitted that he played poorly. Terrible even.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
man that video made me more hopeful then i have been all season even more than the draft, and it barely even means anything.

Agreed but I just don't see the reason why he would be there if it wasnt contract related

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I guess a good question now for sens fans who “boycotted for years “ and complained about prices is... would you rather a team with money and melnyk and karlsson. Or a team with no money with melnyk and without karlsson?

Some seem to want them to spend but don’t want to spend a cent themselves.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
No it wouldn't lol Where do you come up with this stuff lol
You almost threw up at 10.5 starting negotiation price. But you’re singing at 11.25 final price?

Both prices are almost of the degree of “fair” based on different arguments that can be brought up

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I guess a good question now for sens fans who “boycotted for years “ and complained about prices is... would you rather a team with money and melnyk and karlsson. Or a team with no money with melnyk and without karlsson?

Some seem to want them to spend but don’t want to spend a cent themselves.
And most will return to spending once this owner is gone.

Oct 10, 2010
You almost threw up at 10.5 starting negotiation price. But you’re singing at 11.25 final price?

Both prices are almost of the degree of “fair” based on different arguments that can be brought up
I think it's a waste of time offering him less over Doughty , why would he take less? he's getting over 11M rather it's from us or not.
Why the f*** would anyone feel insulted if he signed here for 11.25M or less? It will be high fives all around - you make no sense.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think it's a waste of time offering him less over Doughty , why would he take less? he's getting over 11M rather it's from us or not.
Why the **** would anyone feel insulted if he signed here for 11.25M or less? It will be high fives all around - you make no sense.
It’s a facetious remark seeing as anything but top dollar offer first time around is an insult.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I dont see why it has to beat Doughty's contract. I like an 8x10 deal. Ottawa steps up to the plate on a massive deal and Karlsson gives a little knowing its a smaller market and giving a little more flexibility to add around him. Nobody is insulting anyone and while most times they seem to want to squeeze every penny out, at that kind of a contract it wont ever matter for generations down the line.

Reactions: pzeeman
Oct 10, 2010
It’s a facetious remark seeing as anything but top dollar offer first time around is an insult.
I think it is - He's clearly the better d-man so he should be paid accordingly ( why bother embarrassing yourself with lower offer the 1st time around?) unless he's willing to take less to stay in this gong show which i doubt going off his comments from the reg season.
This should be the easiest contract to negotiate in the history of the NHL now that doughty is signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad