Speculation: KARLSSON Megathread | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
EK,Stone and Duchene are the foundation and the leaders on the team even now...They have every right to question the direction of the team moving forward,in fact its what they should be doing.....Or it would be also in their right to take their services elsewhere,if they dont like the answer

Reactions: 6stringmofo

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I feel like a lot of what's been reported is just the TO Media trying to **** on the Senators. Nothing is coming out from management, nothing is coming out from the players, it's just the media located in TO, making **** up, at least that what it feels like.

Almost all panelists and commentators on TSN and Sportsnet are located in the TO market andcould not care less about the Sens. Crapping on the Sens is fun to do and caters to the TO market.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Brian Burke said as much. He felt only certain teams would embrace Karlsson's style of play and that DD is seen as more of a "complete" player. As much as many Sens fans disagree the common perception of EK is that he is a below average defender.

Right, which will always make the return an absolute disgrace. We get him, understand him. Karlsson is banking on what his agents are telling him. He would be best served to reading tweets and seeing how polarizing he truly is. Grass isn't always greener .

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
You don't have to defend when the puck is in the opposing team's zone, as it was in the 2017/18 season. I think the locker room was broken and it wasn't addressed soon enough.

Yes but when it is in the Sens zone and EK doesn't have the puck it ends up in the Sens net a great deal of the time!

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
It's entirely possible Karlsson is still conflicted and hasn't made up his mind.

The idea of him holding out is laughable.
- He plays another year and he hits UFA.
- He has a dominant year his value goes up even more.
-Ownership changes he extends.
- Trade him somewhere he doesn't want to go , he plays and hits UFA.
- Trade him somewhere he wants to be he extends.

The world is still in his hands. It's the ineffectual Sens mgmt that is under a ton of pressure.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
No we are not doing this....Anybody devaluing EK is just being nonsensical,he is an impact PMD that can score 80+points on a marginal team...That has had some of the league worst possession stats,he has huge value to anybody lucky enough to get him period

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
It's entirely possible Karlsson is still conflicted and hasn't made up his mind.

The idea of him holding out is laughable.
- He plays another year and he hits UFA.
- He has a dominant year his value goes up even more.
-Ownership changes he extends.
- Trade him somewhere he doesn't want to go , he plays and hits UFA.
- Trade him somewhere he wants to be he extends.

The world is still in his hands. It's the ineffectual Sens mgmt that is under a ton of pressure.
Add in we could still move him at the TDL please...No way do we let him walk for nothing

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
If he resigns wouldn't it have been done long ago? I don't see a scenario where re-signing would take this long even if there were on going negotiations on salary expecially given managements demeanor when it came to offering him a contract.
Seems to me like the Sens are just waiting for the best possible return before shipping him out

EK65 said (in response to DD comments) back in November that he expects to be paid what he's worth, either here (Ottawa) or wherever.

He now knows what DD received, and it seems he broke off negotiations with the Senators after they opened up, with a 10x8 offer.

Now I know this a bit of a stretch, but in order for him to know what other teams would be willing to offer him, perhaps he requested the rights to talk to other teams, in order to find out for himself, what they would offer him, in a pre-agreed extension, should he be traded to them.

Did he find a landing spot(s)? We don't know for sure, but the rumours of trade talks with a few teams seems to give us an indication.

Did EK65 formally request a trade, after talking to these teams? I don't know, it's been pretty quite, and there's a chance the more it lingers on, that he may have second thoughts... but I doubt that, but there's a chance.

OR, PD is playing world series hardball, and it determined to hit a home-run with this requested trade.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I still feel like Anaheim is a near perfect fit. They could accommodate Ryan (we might have to retain up to 2 million) but they are also a budget team. They have RFA's they need to pay they might not be able too. Exceptional depth in the organization, winning culture, climate, etc.

Wouldn't be surprised to see A EK, Ryan, Pageau deal for Manson, Montour, +++

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
At this point I just want to see EK sign with us again so I can bathe in the tears of Tampa fans on the trade board.

That Karlsson thread has just become a smug pile of TB fans stroking each other silly and swooning over how awesome they are and how little they'll need to pay for EK as a result.
I hate to burst your bubble but most Lightning fans would not be crying about not getting EK. Granted EK is an amazing talent and adding him would make the Bolts roster totally sick, however, the roster is already stacked with established and emerging superstars. Karlsson would only enhance the lineup, not make/break it.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I hate to burst your bubble but most Lightning fans would not be crying about not getting EK. Granted EK is an amazing talent and adding him would make the Bolts roster totally sick, however, the roster is already stacked with established and emerging superstars. Karlsson would only enhance the lineup, not make/break it.

Hahaha. EK would be the best player on Tampa by a long shot. He’s not another talent, he’s a generational Dman and will be the best player Tampa has ever had and ever will have for another 20 years.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

I think this explains the low ball offers, you guys are great with or without Karlsson, so the attitude might be “eh, we’ll be fine even if we don’t get him.”

You might be better off keeping your players, picks and prospects than trading a bunch of them for Karlsson, but the idea of Hedman and Karlsson together for many years must have Yzerman excited. Can’t fault him for trying to swing a deal.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Haven't paid attention in a couple days. Is he not close to being traded anymore?

Is he closer to wanting to stay in Ottawa?

Does anyone know what's going on?

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012

Have you already repressed the memories of game 6 and game 7? Kindly see yourself out.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
Have you already repressed the memories of game 6 and game 7? Kindly see yourself out.
Yes, I repressed those memories the minute Washington hoisted the cup. On to another season. Kindly see myself out? Careful with that attitude, I might mistake you for a Maple Leafs fan...

I totally appreciate the value EK brings and I am not being disrespectful. However, like DSA pointed out, that would explain what are perceived to be low-ball offers.

Reactions: Dave Sparky Allison

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
I think this explains the low ball offers, you guys are great with or without Karlsson, so the attitude might be “eh, we’ll be fine even if we don’t get him.”

You might be better off keeping your players, picks and prospects than trading a bunch of them for Karlsson, but the idea of Hedman and Karlsson together for many years must have Yzerman excited. Can’t fault him for trying to swing a deal.

And feasting on a hopelessly inept GM/Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad