Friedman: Karlsson IS Willing to Extend in Canada

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
tumblr_m9fcorvhbI1rt8i4vo6_r1_500.gif

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Stamkos didnt pick up a puck on his last home game.

Neither did karlsson, since he's more than likely to start the season in Ottawa.

But if that's what you're basing your whole opinion on, I have some real estate in Japan that needs investors.

jrs

Oct 11, 2017
Karlsson took the last home game puck vs the Jets so he can bring it back to them at the start of the season.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Well that and I doubt Toronto fans would relish the idea of having to give up Nylander/Marner ++ for an extended Karlsson.
I would happily do Nylander + replacement D (Carrick/Rosen/Borgman) + Something else (2nd round pick/Brown/Non roster guy with a couple exceptions) for an extended EK fairly easily. In fact I’d drive Willy to Ottawa myself, and I currently live in BC.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
draisaitle + sekera +1st + nurse for karlsson resigned duchene resigned and thomas chabot

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Karlsson took the last home game puck vs the Jets so he can bring it back to them at the start of the season.

Can’t see that, Jets can’t take his cap hit without giving a major cap hit back from our D like Buff+ which wouldn’t fit the Sens needs as far as a return goes. Jets are one of the teams that would need EK the least at this point.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Neither did karlsson, since he's more than likely to start the season in Ottawa.

But if that's what you're basing your whole opinion on, I have some real estate in Japan that needs investors.
Oh boy, if you only knew the irony of that last line, you'd piss yourself. ahahahaha you'll never know! But seriously, EK is done in ott.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Kadri, Nylander and Gardiner, plus maybe a first. At least Ottawa wouldn't hang up the phone immediately.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Anyone else extremely annoyed with this Karlsson bs? I can't wait for it to be over. He should have been traded 6 months ago, yet something tells me it's just going to linger and linger and linger.

Realistically, I think he goes at the deadline, and Sens fans will be furious with the return.

Reactions: the4thlinegrinder

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Anyone else extremely annoyed with this Karlsson bs? I can't wait for it to be over. He should have been traded 6 months ago, yet something tells me it's just going to linger and linger and linger.

Realistically, I think he goes at the deadline, and Sens fans will be furious with the return.

Nope, just you I'm afraid

:sarcasm:

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
If they'd be willing to take a futures heavy deal from the Oil (and we can negotiate an extension), maybe....

To OTT: Benning (salary/roster purposes), Bouchard (see him as a Kris Letang type D), Yamamoto (played on a line with Tkachuk at WJC), 2019 1st

To EDM: Karlsson

Salary works for this year with Sekera's LTIR (including a Nurse bridge). Both Sekera and Russell have their NMC's turn to limited in the summer, we can trade them both then (likely with sweeteners attached).

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
It would be impossible if we keep everything the same. Chia would have to get to work.

Karlsson is not paid much this season. Whatever we trade for him would cover the difference. For the season after, his salary will increase by around 5 million I bet, with a deal probably similar to Doughty's or maybe a bit more. So, we'd have to create 5 million space. Russell and Sekera have loosening NTCs next summer, and that's 9.5 million AAV right there.

Maybe even we would trade RNH in a Karlsson trade. That's 6 million AAV that we could maybe replace with a 4 million AAV player.

The one thing that could be a problem is if we had to take Bobby Ryan. We'd have to find a way to lose Lucic to do that. Btw, I do not believe we will have no options for Lucic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad