Karlsson is 1st in points by defensemen

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
You criticize his play in yesterday's game (in his own end) yet you made the statement I posted above on the main boards. If that isn't contradicting yourself, then we must speak a different language all together.

We all know how much you love Spezza. We get it. But you seem to go out of your way to try and downplay other players when Spezza is being critiqued just so the criticism is directed elsewhere, if it's warranted or not. All I'm saying is that it's insufferable. You contradicted yourself for the sole purpose of playing up Spezza's defensive play.

Um...what? I said he had one bad play all game. I literally quoted above exactly what I said after the game "Karlsson has been amazing offensively, as expected. His defensive zone play was a lot better today too aside from a bit of laziness on Whitney's goal."

How am I going out of my way to downplay Karlsson by saying if he plays like he played against Dallas he'll win the Norris? Like I'm actually baffled by what you are attempting to attack here. You are literally talking gibberish.

:help:

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Karlsson has 20 hits - that's more than Subban, Seidenberg, McQuaid, Suter, Engelland and bunch of others.
That defensive stalwart Alex Pietrangelo has ... 1. :sarcasm:

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Um...what? I said he had one bad play all game. I literally quoted above exactly what I said after the game "Karlsson has been amazing offensively, as expected. His defensive zone play was a lot better today too aside from a bit of laziness on Whitney's goal."

How am I going out of my way to downplay Karlsson by saying if he plays like he played against Dallas he'll win the Norris? Like I'm actually baffled by what you are attempting to attack here. You are literally talking gibberish.

:help:

Do you have something against Swedes in general? Or just Karlsson?

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Do you have something against Swedes in general? Or just Karlsson?

This guy tends to rag on Karlsson just a bit because:

A) He loves Spezza and can't stand for anyone else on the team to be thought of as better than Spezz. You'd think that as a fan of the team you would just want the best players period, but it is what it is.

B) In the early stages of 2011-2012 he boldly, and repeatedly, predicted that David Rundblad would be better than Erik Karlsson by the end of that season. Maybe by downplaying Karlsson's game he feels that stance will look a little less ridiculous. Although that is a little like being less nuked by being hit by 4 atomic warheads rather than 5.

It's just an agenda he has where he tries to champion certain players by downplaying certain other players on the team he "cheers" for.

I know it just makes some posters hate Cujomi's obssessions, but it's not really a big deal.

Be forewarned that any player deemed a similar or better prospect than Curtis Lazar or Cody Ceci is about to undergo the same attention.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I love how all of this comes from me proclaiming that Karlsson will win the Norris if he keeps playing like he did in Dallas. You people are ineffable.

A) I "boldly proclaimed", as you would put it, that if Karlsson could keep up his play last year he would be better than Spezza, and that he was playing better than Spezza ever did before he got injured. But I guess that part is easy to leave out to further your "agenda" and attack my credibility.

B) I said that Rundblad could be better by the next season, not the end of the season that was currently going on. Yes, I was wrong. Nobody has ever been wrong before. I've always readily admitted when I'm wrong...can you say the same? I doubt it.

Anyway, I'll refrain from complimenting Karlsson in the future as obviously it's not something that can be handled by his faithful (don't worry, I always compliment the players on the team I actually cheer for when they are playing well and I'll point out their mistakes when they make them). Unlike some I'm not a fairweather fan. Maybe you should go follow Detroit.

Don't worry though...you're not the first to try and attack someone's credibility rather than actually talk about the information at hand. It's common on the internet amongst people that aren't actually capable of a half-intelligent discussion.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
You people are ineffable.
I've always readily admitted when I'm wrong...can you say the same? I doubt it.
as obviously it's not something that can be handled by his faithful
Unlike some I'm not a fairweather fan.
Maybe you should go follow Detroit.
rather than actually talk about the information at hand
..aren't actually capable of a half-intelligent discussion.
I truly hope you're not talking about most of us here...

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I truly hope you're not talking about most of us here...

I'm not. When I say "you people" I'm referring specifically to people that constantly try to attack credibility of something that has nothing to do with what is being discussed. Also people who are arguing that I'm a Karlsson hater right after I said that he should win the Norris if he keeps playing like he did in Dallas. It's just a lack of logic that blows my mind.

Iconoclast

Lifestyle on camera
May 2, 2013
Toronto
Are the posters accusing Cujomi of hating Karlsson talking about a different Cujomi or something? :huh:

Also are there any videos of these aformentioned Karlsson hits? I'll admit I haven't been able to watch many of our games and haven't seen one of them yet. I would love to see Erik level a guy.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Are the posters accusing Cujomi of hating Karlsson talking about a different Cujomi or something? :huh:

Also are there any videos of these aformentioned Karlsson hits? I'll admit I haven't been able to watch many of our games and haven't seen one of them yet. I would love to see Erik level a guy.

I think a lot of the confusion comes from the fact that I'll actually point out Karlsson's mistakes and don't treat him like a deity (and was the same way with Alfredsson), but I mostly do it to point out the absurdity of how critical people are of other players on the team at times (which of course, means I am biased towards them).

In a perfect world where people are not constantly bashing on the players of our own team I wouldn't post that way but meh...maybe it's time to just ignore all that stuff and talk hockey plain and simple. It's become too much of a gongshow.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If he weighed more, he'd probably hit a lot. It's not something he's added to his game, it's been there forever.
From his prospect profile:

I've been saying this for YEARS.

Karlsson was actually known for throwing open ice hits in SEL before he came over here and was compared to Kronwall in his draft year.

Anyone who reads my posts can confirm this. In his rookie playoff year he laid 2-3 huge hits on Malkin if anyone remembers.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Oh, this is a real grudge against you, cujomi. Crazy. I was just kidding. I thought your EK evaluation was immensely positive and only tempered a small bit with a minor criticism. I'm more likely to criticize my favourite players over nit-picks as I'll focus on their game a bit more.

EK doesn't seem to throw himself in front of shots. I'm not worried about that. It's a play that prevent-only defensemen will make, but he seems to have a zone-prevent mentality. Goalie's got the shot. He's got the ice in front for a rebound or to prevent a walk-in.

Mercurial

#lalala
Oct 29, 2009
Karlsson's last three shifts in the Dallas game.

[pre]
Shift # Period Start of Shift End of Shift Duration
26 3 17:09 20:00 02:51
27 OT 0:00 2:19 02:19
28 OT 3:00 5:00 02:00
[/pre]

Player last 2:51 of regulation, first 2:19 of OT, 41 second break then the last 2:00 of OT. (There as the broken glass and Andy's injury in there too).

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Karlsson's last three shifts in the Dallas game.

[pre]
Shift # Period Start of Shift End of Shift Duration
26 3 17:09 20:00 02:51
27 OT 0:00 2:19 02:19
28 OT 3:00 5:00 02:00
[/pre]

Player last 2:51 of regulation, first 2:19 of OT, 41 second break then the last 2:00 of OT. (There as the broken glass and Andy's injury in there too).

wow...seriously?

Way, way, way too long.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
He actually had a legitimate hit the other game.. maybe vs the Isles? Maybe Hawks, can't remember, but it was someone rushing out of their offensive zone and EK put the shoulder into him at the blue line and dropped him.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
He actually had a legitimate hit the other game.. maybe vs the Isles? Maybe Hawks, can't remember, but it was someone rushing out of their offensive zone and EK put the shoulder into him at the blue line and dropped him.

Erik Karlsson dropped someone with a hit? That's adorable.

...or embarrassing for whoever he hit. :laugh:

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
Erik Karlsson dropped someone with a hit? That's adorable.

...or embarrassing for whoever he hit. :laugh:

It was a nice hit, wish I could find it, but NHL.com highlights are borderline handicapped when it comes to hits. I had to check to make sure it was actually Karlsson after because it was a legitimate hit, not just a bodycheck.

moz

Gute Post
Oct 30, 2006
Ottawa
wow...seriously?

Way, way, way too long.

There were probably ten minutes in stoppages as Mercurial mentioned with the broken glass and injury, if not more. I suppose you can be weary of the shift length, but as total time it makes sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad