Karlsson is 1st in points by defensemen

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
He is not 100% again yet, and he is still the league's leading scoring D and is in the top 15 overall. Nothing else needs to be said about his elite talent level. As he recovers more and gets even better the team will also improve tremendously.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Karlsson has been amazing offensively, as expected. His defensive zone play was a lot better today too aside from a bit of laziness on Whitney's goal.

Awesome to see.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Karlsson has been amazing offensively, as expected. His defensive zone play was a lot better today too aside from a bit of laziness on Whitney's goal.

Awesome to see.

cant really blame him there whitney was on the outside andy should have had that one

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
A dman is allowed to pinch. It didn't create an odd man rush, and Whitney shot from an angle and it was a nice shot.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
My bad, forgot Lord Karlsson looks good on every play regardless of whether or not the play was his fault.

Jesus.

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
Nice to see the canadiens fans go bananas over this, trolling the mainboards with the same old same old "4th forward" "is he 80%"

simplefan

May 25, 2008
How did you expect Karlsson to play that differently?

I don't know for you but I was seeing that going too. From game to game, he's improving a lot. I mean by end of November, it's quite possible he might be in 2013 pre-injury form.

Offensively, he's as dynamic as he ever been. But his dynamic defensive play is only coming back now. It's all confidence. We see that he skates back to break up the play, and plays with a bit of physicality while trying to maintain some kind of positioning.

By his 8 shots on goal, he's the best player on ice and it shows.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Its Karlsson's fault he was the only one back. It's Karlsson's fault he kept Whitney to the outside. Its Karlsson's fault that Whitney pulled off the perfect shot.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Nobody said that Karlsson was at fault for the goal at all. I said he was lazy on the play. That's it. If that had been Spezza lord help him for the board backlash.

Literally compliment Karlsson profusely, but mention he was lazy on one play...out come the fanboys!

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
The difference I am seeing in his play is that he was taking ridiculous offensive risks last year and when they failed, he would HAUL ASS back and make a ridiculous defensive play.

This year when they fail he gives up on his back check.

I dont know why this is. My worst fear is its his attitude or ego.

Im his biggest fan. I was calling him the best player in the world. I still think he is, but he isnt playing like it right now. Whats incredible is that even when he isnt playing like it, he is still putting up so many points.

Edit: I also think he is among the least of our worries. He has been among our better players. Im not a fan of Macs new blender lines that change every 2 shifts.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
How's his skating been compared to pre-injury? (I'm an MD so this is really interesting for me)

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
We have no patience for someone recovering from a serious injury. It has been 2-3 games that he found his dynamism offensively. Give him a little time to get back to his skating defensively.
Honestly, I see that he's progressing a lot. Sure he can't really skate back like he can do but he surely showed speed and acceleration lately.
Mostly, I like his lateral speed now. He looks fearless and that can only go better.
Give him 2-3 weeks and the good Karlsson will come.

Indeed, most serious injuries take about 1-2 years before fully recovering.

TheOriginalSilf*

Nobody said that Karlsson was at fault for the goal at all. I said he was lazy on the play. That's it. If that had been Spezza lord help him for the board backlash.

Literally compliment Karlsson profusely, but mention he was lazy on one play...out come the fanboys!

That's an incredibly hypocritical comment considering how you're making us look on the main boards...

Karlsson was great today in both ends. He plays like that most nights and he'll win the Norris again.

Now, that's a bit of a contradictory remark, no?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Criticizing either Spezza or Karlsson on here will get a lot of personal attacks on here. Both have had tough starts to their yr but I think both are improving & hopefully the rest of the team will follow.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
My original statement:

Awesome to see.

That's an incredibly hypocritical comment considering how you're making us look on the main boards...

Now, that's a bit of a contradictory remark, no?

I've discerned that you don't know what either hypocritical or contradictory mean.

TheOriginalSilf*

My original statement:

I've discerned that you don't know what either hypocritical or contradictory mean.

You criticize his play in yesterday's game (in his own end) yet you made the statement I posted above on the main boards. If that isn't contradicting yourself, then we must speak a different language all together.

We all know how much you love Spezza. We get it. But you seem to go out of your way to try and downplay other players when Spezza is being critiqued just so the criticism is directed elsewhere, if it's warranted or not. All I'm saying is that it's insufferable. You contradicted yourself for the sole purpose of playing up Spezza's defensive play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad