Karlsson is 1st in points by defensemen

Carrie Underwood

Jul 28, 2010
Deep down he must like Ottawa since Mac lets Karlsson run around while he gets less time than douglas murray.

PaGEEsBack

tell a friend
Aug 6, 2013
As funny as all this Subban to the Sens talk is, I 100% believe PK is the one potential FA Melnyk would be willing to sign to big money. Euge is an absolute fan since the '09 WJHC. It's a very real (slim) possibility PK Subban signs in Ottawa.

Carrie Underwood

Jul 28, 2010
Just imagine,
30 mins of Karlsson
30 mins of Subban ...Subban with a Maclean boost

Powerlevel...over 9000!!!!!

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
As funny as all this Subban to the Sens talk is, I 100% believe PK is the one potential FA Melnyk would be willing to sign to big money. Euge is an absolute fan since the '09 WJHC. It's a very real (slim) possibility PK Subban signs in Ottawa.

Don't want.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I'd love to have these two guys. It would be a pairing for the history books.

BigBush*

I thought Karlsson had one of his best defensive games tonight. He routinely got the puck with physical play in his own end and always made sure their was a successful breakout. Karlsson often doesn't get enough credit for when he plays these shutdown games because people expect him to light up the score sheet

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I thought Karlsson had one of his best defensive games tonight. He routinely got the puck with physical play in his own end and always made sure their was a successful breakout. Karlsson often doesn't get enough credit for when he plays these shutdown games because people expect him to light up the score sheet

I somewhat agree.

I unno why though but against bigger atmospheres and stadiums he tends to not rush up as much as he normally does.

He was normal offensively against Toronto and against Montreal. Now this appears to be recent development cause before injury he played full out against all teams but maybe this is blessing in disguise? He'll play safe approach until he fully gets wheels back and have a couple arsenals in his back-pocket?

I unno I just thought I saw him play very pre-cautious hockey, which is actually not Karlsson at his best. He was also second guessing plays when tracking players on the board who'd cut and he'd delay in catching up to em.

The brilliant thing about Karlsson though is something you may view a weakness, a month later he seems to adjust to it and make it a strength.

He got better as the game went along for sure.

Savannah Skunk

Nov 21, 2006
Off the banana farm

I noticed that as well. Karlsson was quietly one of the best defensive players tonight.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Karlsson made some really nice defensive plays last night, but I think he was a bit more hesitant with the puck than usual. A few times I thought he had primo opportunities to rush or take a shot on net and he elected to pass. No complaints really...just an observation that he played a little more subdued last night.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

Not sure if it would be Subban, but you have to figure at some point soon barring Euge's financial situation, Ottawa should become a strong destination for good players, i mean who wouldn't want to play with Karl, strong goaltending and an assortment of talent including Spezz Turris and Ryan. I hope in a year or two we get that massive FA and i am talking a real star/winner none of these clarkson types etc...

Mercurial

#lalala
Oct 29, 2009
Not sure if it would be Subban, but you have to figure at some point soon barring Euge's financial situation, Ottawa should become a strong destination for good players, i mean who wouldn't want to play with Karl, strong goaltending and an assortment of talent including Spezz Turris and Ryan. I hope in a year or two we get that massive FA and i am talking a real star/winner none of these clarkson types etc...

Those players rarely make it to FA anymore. Suter-Parise was likely the last, and that was a huge anomaly (and likely collusion).

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Those players rarely make it to FA anymore. Suter-Parise was likely the last, and that was a huge anomaly (and likely collusion).

That's what they said about Chara before that (minus the collusion part).

It still happens.

Hopefully it won't happen to us again.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
iX4X3t0sBNRjP.gif

Thanks! Asked for that gif in the GDT, simply one the best skate receiving pass I have ever seen, ridiculous skill

Players on the bench were so amazed that it took them a few seconds to move their eyes again... They missed the following play lol

Will EK create a new top 2 D with Cowen like he did with Kuba and Methot?

Of course, helps Cowen to concentrate on his game. Playing him with Wiercioch doesn't work yet, of course. Too much inexperience

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

You are certainly correct but once in a blue moon a true star FA worth the cash becomes available for various reasons a la Hossa, and it would be nice to finish the team off so to speak with a similar player. I feel we are very close to having all the pieces needed for a cup with a bit of seasoning needed of course.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
If there is a true star player that makes it to UFA status, back up the truck and pay him, pretty much regardless of position.
If you can add a top line talent or top pairing defenceman for 'only' money you do it.

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
Can't stop watching that gif of EK recieving puck. He is for christs sake using "wrong" skate. LOL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad