Karlsson is 1st in points by defensemen

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
EK will make any players paired with him like a number 2 (deserving or not) but he helps them to simplified their games. They don't have to think about bringing the puck out the zone. They only have to play their man and give him the puck back. That's a huge confidence builder as a hockey player.

I agree with this and I actually think it's great for Cowen to be with Karlsson because Karlsson is the best option for keeping Cowen's troubles right now mitigated.

That said Methot showed last year, with Karlsson injured, that he's a legit top pairing defenceman. He was our MVP after Spezza, Karlsson and Anderson went down.

Stef*

Luc robitaille was drafted 177e thats like 6e round

21st all time points leader

12th all time goal scorer

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
I think this is a reach.

Sometimes the 2nd assist makes the play. Sometimes the guy that passes it to the guy that gets a 2nd assist makes the play.

It's all relative.

Yep, Karlsson got the empty netter but it was all Spezza. What was EK doing this far away from his net???

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
I agree with this and I actually think it's great for Cowen to be with Karlsson because Karlsson is the best option for keeping Cowen's troubles right now mitigated.

That said Methot showed last year, with Karlsson injured, that he's a legit top pairing defenceman. He was our MVP after Spezza, Karlsson and Anderson went down.

Yes Methot was very good last year but if you remember, Columbus had issues with his play the previous year. He comes in Ottawa and gets paired with the Norris winner.

Methot had to focus on 2 things, play the man and give the puck asap to EK. Things went well and Methot built a ton of confidence.

How much easier do you want your job in the NHL?

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
i actually missed the pass to Karlsson live but several people mentioned it, I probably blinked or was looking away but that happened too fast. After he kicked the puck, he didn't catch it with his stick, as if the kick was part of the stick handle, if that makes sense.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
i actually missed the pass to Karlsson live but several people mentioned it, I probably blinked or was looking away but that happened too fast. After he kicked the puck, he didn't catch it with his stick, as if the kick was part of the stick handle, if that makes sense.

That's the truly impressive thing to me.

Lots of people could take that pass off their skate, put to just have enough on it to get it to your stick is insane. It was a fluid motion.

Mercurial

#lalala
Oct 29, 2009
I think this is a reach.

Sometimes the 2nd assist makes the play. Sometimes the guy that passes it to the guy that gets a 2nd assist makes the play.

It's all relative.

Just an observation, I'd like to leave the conclusion to the reader, though I do accept I may have led the witness.

I just remember in his Norris season, one of the alleged slights against Karlsson was a high number of meaningless secondary assists.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think this is a reach.

It's all relative.

Yep...there's a ton of plays that happen all game that actually cause a goal where the person making that play won't get any statistical credit.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Just an observation, I'd like to leave the conclusion to the reader, though I do accept I may have led the witness.

I just remember in his Norris season, one of the alleged slights against Karlsson was a high number of meaningless secondary assists.

I didn't really mean to come at you.

But I wouldn't worry about the nay-sayers.

Although I did create an entire thread that was intended to stand as an example of how foolish people can be- if they want to.

So maybe that's hypocritical of me.;)

cage

Apr 25, 2004
Very impressive. Goes to show just how much talent this guy has, and he's still not up to where we know he can be

darglor

Feb 17, 2012
I love that kick up to his stick...

I've done it before, as a forward, but what makes it even more impressive for Karlsson is:
- He's a D.
- Doing it pretty much at full speed
- Puts just enough on it to go to his stick. In my case I needed 2-3 strides to catch up to the puck after. lol.
- He does it with his left skate. With the positioning in this case, that's way harder than doing it with his right foot, in full stride. Personally I'm also less coordinated with the left since I'm a righty.

KarlssonnSchultz

Feb 5, 2013
Ottawa
i love that kick up to his stick...

i've done it before, as a forward, but what makes it even more impressive for karlsson is:
- he's a d.
- doing it pretty much at full speed
- puts just enough on it to go to his stick. In my case i needed 2-3 strides to catch up to the puck after. Lol.
- he does it with his left skate. With the positioning in this case, that's way harder than doing it with his right foot, in full stride. Personally i'm also less coordinated with the left since i'm a righty.

PUT THIS GUY ON SPEZZA's LINE!!

Matte99

May 23, 2010
Stockholm
His game is still a shadow of what it used to be before the injury. He doesnt look comfortable defensively and he doesnt control the game like before. He seems a bit careful and a tad slower.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
"@nic_st_pierre: Karlsson sur Subban: je ne peux pas détester quelqu'un qui est meilleur que moi..." WOW!!!

Karlsson on Subban: I can't hate someone who's better than me.

Classy

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
The smoking gun.

Subban's not a bad guy. I just wouldn't want to be his teammate.

yoplait

May 4, 2011
Clearly he's trying to make Subban start getting the God treatment that he detests.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad