Karlsson is 1st in points by defensemen

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
I agree with this and I actually think it's great for Cowen to be with Karlsson because Karlsson is the best option for keeping Cowen's troubles right now mitigated.

That said Methot showed last year, with Karlsson injured, that he's a legit top pairing defenceman. He was our MVP after Spezza, Karlsson and Anderson went down.

I was thinking about this as well. Coach could not have made the switch before this week because EK was still having problem with his own game. The timing was right for Cowen to be match and develop paired with King K

And Methot can help someone else

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
I love that kick up to his stick...

I've done it before, as a forward, but what makes it even more impressive for Karlsson is:
- He's a D.
- Doing it pretty much at full speed
- Puts just enough on it to go to his stick. In my case I needed 2-3 strides to catch up to the puck after. lol.
- He does it with his left skate. With the positioning in this case, that's way harder than doing it with his right foot, in full stride. Personally I'm also less coordinated with the left since I'm a righty.

The fact Spezza just kinda launched it into his feet.

I think people underestimate how much easier it is to play a puck off your skates than it looks, but ya, an impressive play given the fact it's going at NHL speed.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
"@nic_st_pierre: Karlsson sur Subban: je ne peux pas détester quelqu'un qui est meilleur que moi..." WOW!!!

Karlsson on Subban: I can't hate someone who's better than me.

Classy

Taken out of context.

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch

Karlsson on Subban: “It’s fun to see someone else doing well as well and I don’t hold grudge to anyone that’s playing better than me."

Iconoclast

Lifestyle on camera
May 2, 2013
Toronto
Funny how people are twisting Karlsson's words.

Bruce gives that contextual quote.

Nic St. Pierre says "He can't hate someone who's better."

And I encountered a Habs blog that reported him as saying "I can't not hate someone who's better than me."

:help:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Funny how people are twisting Karlsson's words.

Bruce gives that contextual quote.

Nic St. Pierre says "He can't hate someone who's better."

And I encountered a Habs blog that reported him as saying "I can't not hate someone who's better than me."

:help:

I just caught a fish. A nice sized fish.

....he caught a big fish

...dude caught a really big fish

...I heard someone caught a whale!

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
i'm pretty sure karlsson doesnt speak french.

the 'journalist' shouldve quoted karlsson directly in english and then offered his french interpretation after. He quite deliberately hid karlsson's true words. Sensationalist journalism at its worst.

Healfezza

Sep 9, 2008
Red Deer
Subban is going to take them to the cleaners on his next contract.

Habs had the chance to lock him up cheap, and didn't take it.

I would bet the house on Subban's next contract being bigger then Karlsson's current one, guess that means Subban is the better player :sarcasm:

John Holmes*

Enrico Ciccone?

There's a blast from the past.

I had this hockey magazine years ago that was from Chicago, can't remember the name of it, but it was damn funny, and mostly made fun of the Esposito brothers and their books.

They did a player evaluation on all the tough guys at the time, and for Enrico Ciccone, they wrote:

"There must be two Enrico Ciccone's, because one person can't be that stupid."

:laugh:

It's always stuck with me.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Two year deal then hellllloooooo unrestricted free agency. Goodbye habitants - hello archrival Ottawa :)

Seriously i think they've made a terrible mistake and would love to see them pay for it.
He is 2 years away from signing for as much money as he wants from any team in the league.
2 year bridge deal then aurevoir.
who cares about the 8th year, he could sign for 7 years 8 + million from 29 other teams in July 2016.

that must be very tempting.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Subban is going to take them to the cleaners on his next contract.

Habs had the chance to lock him up cheap, and didn't take it.

That would explain why they're trying to reign him in a bit and are making a point of not saying anything positive about the guy to the media.

Every kind word about PK in Habland just adds to the expenses sheet this year. :laugh:

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Enrico Ciccone?

There's a blast from the past.

I had this hockey magazine years ago that was from Chicago, can't remember the name of it, but it was damn funny, and mostly made fun of the Esposito brothers and their books.

They did a player evaluation on all the tough guys at the time, and for Enrico Ciccone, they wrote:

"There must be two Enrico Ciccone's, because one person can't be that stupid."

:laugh:

It's always stuck with me.

that's awesome and i plan on using it.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I wouldn't be surprised to see Subban leave Montreal when he becomes a UFA, he doesn't seem to get the respect he deserves as a Norris Trophy winner from the organization & from the coach. Maybe it's just my perspective but I could see him move somewhere else. Karlsson is the better goal scorer but I think Subban does a lot of things well including hit, although ... he is a little too mouthy.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Subban is going to cost a **** ton of money but could you imagine a PP of Karlsson - Subban?

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Subban is going to cost a **** ton of money but could you imagine a PP of Karlsson - Subban?

#1 PP UNIT

Turris - Spezza - Ryan
Karlsson - Subban​

drooling_homer.png

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
didn't realize how much Subban is in the drivers seat as far as negotiations go

if he goes to arbitration, he's got a Norris putting up a lot of points, he's gonna have an easy case and could leave the Habs right after

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
so this whole time karlsson was being nice guy to subban just so we could land him, amazing he really is a god

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad