Injury Report: Karlsson - Achilles Tendon - Practicing w Team, May Return to Lineup Soon - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Karlsson is the best defenseman in the league, but he's not the best player in the league. Top three so far? Yes.

P.S. Why do you have that picture as your avatar? I cringe everytime I see it. :(

I was just making a point. Crosby is the best player.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Karlsson is the best player. His dynamic ability both ends of the ice and the fact that he shutsdown the other team's Crosby or best player too makes him the best.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
It honestly blows my mind that people think Matt Cooke decided to slash someone's achilles tendon with a blade. People need to take a step back from the keyboard.

I don't think he meant to hurt him other than anything but a hockey play. The only thing I can surmise about Cooke though is that he's not bright/good enough to play to the edge without going over it.

Most definitely an accident, could probably be careless. It does seem odd that one player has sick a significant history of seriously injuring people though. Time to move on however and get back to watching hockey and hoping Karlsson males a complete and speedy recovery.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
It is debatable because he didn't kick anything, he lifted his leg as he was Checking karlsson, the stepped down, landed on his guard, and followed through.
The problem with this is that had he not connected with Karlsson's leg, his skate doesn't land on the ice given the way his leg was moving. So the whole "he was just putting his skate down" argument is complete bunk. That's not a player who's putting his leg down. It was either a freak accident caused by the contact between he and Karlsson or an intentional kick that went bad. Nobody knows.

I'm also sick of the straw man arguments where the people defending Cooke assume the opposite side is arguing that Cooke meant to slice the achilles and then have the nerve to say they are the ones with sense on the matter. Aside from possibly one or two people, nobody is saying he meant to slice his achilles.

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
I can't even enjoy watching the team now, all I can think about is how much of a pleasure it was to watch Karlsson, and worry about if he'll ever be the same. For 1 month we had the best player in the game. :(

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I can't even enjoy watching the team now, all I can think about is how much of a pleasure it was to watch Karlsson, and worry about if he'll ever be the same. For 1 month we had the best player in the game. :(

They haven't even played since the injury

Some of you guys and gals need to take a deep breath and calm down

It sucks, this really, really sucks but there is still a season to play and games to be won

VVS

Nov 22, 2007
Ottawa, ON
With the way surgery is now, and players in other sports being able to come back no problem, I fully expect Karlsson to come back with no lingering issues.

Not sure how the team is gonna look next year, but we're still rebuilding, and I have high hopes that next year we'll ice a very competitive team.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Well, I'm back to the same feeling I had last season (minus the "I ain't even mad"). Just gonna watch our games and hope for the best, and if we fall in the standings, you can't really blame the players.

Before this season started my main thought was "we HAVE to make the playoffs and make a push for Alfie", assuming it was his last season. Well, in the game where we lost Karlsson, we got it pretty much confirmed Alfie isn't gonna retire. Now I can at least sit back and watch the games with no anxious feelings.

Not saying this is a good thing, but watching games with less tension is much more relaxing for me.

DukeNukem

Jul 17, 2011
Not a coincidence, Cooke was hit in the face by Gonchar's slapshot earlier in the game, and he was some P.O'd. One period later he takes out EK and we are supposed to think that it was just a hockey play? He had motive, he has the history, he's guilty as hell. IMO
However, it still does not bring back EK back one day sooner or better. I just wonder who's next?

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
He'll be back before we know it.

SensChirp ‏@SensChirp
Apparently Erik Karlsson has been spotted walking around on crutches at Scotiabank Place this morning. #Sens

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Erik Karlsson is super competitive. I am 100% confident he'll rehab and train until September and be back better than ever.

corksens

Jul 19, 2005
Quite simply, since the injury was initially diagnosed as a "cut achilles" we've had nothing but good news.

70% (not full), surgery went well, 3-4 months.

When I saw the injury I was REALLY worried that this could affect the kid for the rest of his career. As of now it looks like a good bet that he is missing a shortened season and will be back as good as ever come next camp.

Now cheer for the sweater.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
Erik Karlsson is super competitive. I am 100% confident he'll rehab and train until September and be back better than ever.

He is. He has seemed to be very professional the times ive met him here in Sweden. He is a great guy.

I think he will fight himself back to the top level again.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Karlsson might just be one of the most special players ever drafted. Not just in his on ice product, but his attitude towards the game and life.

We're a very lucky fanbase.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Karlsson might just be one of the most special players ever drafted. Not just in his on ice product, but his attitude towards the game and life.

We're a very lucky fanbase.
We've had Alfie to cheer for and now Karlsson. We are quite lucky, I agree, to have two franchise players like that who are both tremendously skilled and very easy to cheer.

That doesn't even mention all the other player that are easy to cheer for over the years.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
We've had Alfie to cheer for and now Karlsson. We are quite lucky, I agree, to have two franchise players like that who are both tremendously skilled and very easy to cheer.

That doesn't even mention all the other player that are easy to cheer for over the years.

I'd add Spezza to that list, a franchise player who i love watching when he's on the ice... We are pretty lucky indeed...

YearsintheWilderness

Jul 15, 2007
I can't remember ever feeling such a sick sense of despair at an NHL injury before.

Karlsson = pure gold.

Cooke = scum of the earth.

And the worthless non-response from the NHL.

At the very least, speak to the ****in' fool Cooke. At the very least, consider the negligent aspect, the past actions of Cooke, and the fact that not all intentional actions look brazenly intentional but are sometimes performed by pieces of garbage who have spent an entire life training to be scum of the earth and know how to pull nastiness off in a way that will give them a good chance of getting away with it and then finesse the reaction/aftermath.

And what is this pathetic, pathetic narrative that Cooke has been trying so hard and is some kind of reformed piece of excrement? Why is this so instantly lapped up by so many brainless morons?

The NHL is at times such a worthless, bush-league ****hole of a league it is hard to comprehend.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
What bothers me the most about this whole thing is that it could have been avoided if all players were wearing those Kevlar socks. Seriously, how can this NOT be mandatory? It's just as stupid as an NHL goalie playing without a mask.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
What bothers me the most about this whole thing is that it could have been avoided if all players were wearing those Kevlar socks.
I wouldn't worry. The course of history would be different if he was wearing Kevlar socks, he might have put up 5 points, or he might have sustained a different injury. Heck if you hadn't make an extra trip to the refrigerator, he'd have been fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad