Injury Report: Karlsson - Achilles Tendon - Practicing w Team, May Return to Lineup Soon - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Cowen is NOT a stay at home D-man.

I see all of these line ups where he's paired with an offensive guy because presumably people think he's a stay at home defender. All you need to do is watch him play. He is far more suited to be paired with Gryba who IS more of a stay at home guy, because it lets Cowen carry the puck more and create offence.

I think Wier will sit and we'll see:

Karlsson and Methot, Gryba and Cowen, Gonchar and Phillips....

Cowen is so much more than a stay at home guy.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

I see all of these line ups where he's paired with an offensive guy because presumably people think he's a stay at home defender. All you need to do is watch him play. He is far more suited to be paired with Gryba who IS more of a stay at home guy, because it lets Cowen carry the puck more and create offence.

No one is saying he is a stay at home D. He is a shutdown defender. There's a difference. Shutdown defenders can also have the ability to play offense and create chances such as Chara and Weber.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
No one is saying he is a stay at home D. He is a shutdown defender. There's a difference. Shutdown defenders can also have the ability to play offense and create chances such as Chara and Weber.

My point is that I don't see why he'd be paired with Weir over Gryba. Gryba is the better defender, and I'd like Cowen to be able to flex his offensive muscle rather than having to constantly cover for Weir.

I like Weir, I just think he needs more time to learn to play away from the puck. Could be Gonchar's replacement soon enough but he needs to be a better defender. With this in mind I would not want to pull the better defender from the roster going into the playoffs.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
My point is that I don't see why he'd be paired with Weir over Gryba. Gryba is the better defender, and I'd like Cowen to be able to flex his offensive muscle rather than having to constantly cover for Weir.

I like Weir, I just think he needs more time to learn to play away from the puck. Could be Gonchar's replacement soon enough but he needs to be a better defender. With this in mind I would not want to pull the better defender from the roster going into the playoffs.

Wier shouldn't be anywhere near Cowen agreed. Cowen still loves to pinch and risk a bit offensively which is why I would definitely pair him with Gryba.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com

This could be the case sooner rather than later. Cowen's been more active out there and I bet he isn't even comfortable yet. He's the type of guy that needs to break out if were gonna get through the first round.

Midas0

Only the best Scouts
Dec 12, 2009
Peterborough, ON
According to @SenatorsGo, Erik Karlsson has informed MacLean that he's ready to go...

SenatorsGo ‏@SenatorsGo 3h
Erik Karlsson has told Maclean he is ready to play. Up to coaching staff when they decide to play him, likely Thursday vs. Washington.

Saabman0508

Harb Quote Count: 9
Aug 15, 2010
Ottawa
According to @SenatorsGo, Erik Karlsson has informed MacLean that he's ready to go...

Erik Karlsson has told Maclean he is ready to play. Up to coaching staff when they decide to play him, likely Thursday vs. Washington.

:handclap::thumbu::bow::rolly::5::hyper::propeller:hockey::banana::naughty::D:yo:

That more or less sums up how I feel right now.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

holy ****!

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I'm fairly concerned about this. He can't be ready. I know he's a gamer, but I mean, he needs to think about the long term game.

Just hope nothing bad happens.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Do we know if SenatorsGo is a legit source?

Ya, who is that? First time I've ever seen him report something. I'd love to get confirmation from someone who has more than 245 followers but I guess you gotta start somewhere.

If it's true then **** yeah

Milan the God*

I'm fairly concerned about this. He can't be ready. I know he's a gamer, but I mean, he needs to think about the long term game.

Well, he's in the same position he was in a few days ago. Murray said he's 100% and ready, just needs to get into game shape. By that, I'm assuming it's conditioning such as working out so he's not gassed by the second period.

It's hard not to be worried but there are professionals making the calls on this one.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

"SenatorsGo"?

Right now, this is the equivalent of Eklund predicting a trade: 90% uncertainty with 10% "fact". Just can't trust amateur/unproven sources with this kind of major news.

When a real source can confirm however, you all can find me hyperventilating in the corner with my Karlsson jersey, crying tears of joy.

Cowen AND Karlsson back WAY before schedule? Yes please!

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

get_down.gif

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Honestly words can't describe my joy for when and if Karlsson steps onto the ice again this year.

I had lost all hope and my heart broke when I seen him injured. Never been more depressed/pissed off etc... I didn't think there was much use in watching another game again.

But now... I believe.

He was robbed of the Norris and possibly Hart but nothing stopping him from the Conn Smyth! :sarcasm: I'm being cereal.

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I'd like to be proven wrong, but a peruse through this guys tweets he seems just like a big Sens fan with no real sources. Even when asked by numerous people he said nothing. So its tough to put into any value into his tweet. Maybe we missed a radio segment or something that spilled that conversation between EK and PM.. But I doubt this is legit.

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
I doubt its legit. But if it is, then karlsson has trolled me real good, all the interviews of him that I watched gave me the impression that he is not close to game shape and will take a couple of weeks to get ready. Troll me more EK

Milan the God*

whoever @SensInsider is, they're saying the same thing. Aiming for a Thursday vs Capitals return

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Reporting that EK said he's ready to go and the ball is in Stache's court is an easy call to make without inside info. EK is practicing with the team already so he's bound to play soon. If he doesn't play right away you can blame it on Stache being cautious. But I say why would Stache hold him back ? As soon as Michalek told Stache he was ready he played. Stache said that's all he was waiting to hear. When a player of EK's calibre is cleared and says he's ready to play then you play him. Forget that it's against the guy that injured him. That has to happen at some time. Stamina and game shape too can only come from playing. As the coach you just say.... put your skates on kid your in tonight's game. I call it what it is....an educated guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad