Injury Report: Karlsson - Achilles Tendon - Practicing w Team, May Return to Lineup Soon - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Considering everything for to start a franchise I would pick Karlsson - but if Spezza wasn't marred by issues with injuries I would pick him over Karlsson.

However for a playoff run I want my number one center back - to take the pressure off the rest of the guys.

I'm in the boat that believes adding Spezza for the playoffs makes our team more dangerous than adding Karlsson. Spezza was our best player and leader in the playoffs last year -- the Rangers did a good job of neutralizing Karlsson's offensive presence. Our defensive corps, system and goalie are pretty high end already. Spezza makes our offence that much more dynamic just by being on the team -- let alone on the ice.

In an ideal world we'd have both.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I'm in the boat that believes adding Spezza for the playoffs makes our team more dangerous than adding Karlsson. Spezza was our best player and leader in the playoffs last year -- the Rangers did a good job of neutralizing Karlsson's offensive presence. Our defensive corps, system and goalie are pretty high end already. Spezza makes our offence that much more dynamic just by being on the team -- let alone on the ice.

In an ideal world we'd have both.

I'm a big Spezza supporter, and if he comes back for the playoffs, that would be huge, but Spezza was god awful in the playoffs last year. To me, Spezza and Michalek were the main reasons we didn't get by the Rangers last year.

Patvolcom65

@Patvolcom65
Jul 4, 2011
New-Brunswick
LOOOL cant wait for Penguins apparently some fans are starting some huge matt cooke poster stuff like this :laugh:

cooke-matt-poster_220.jpg

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012
Erik Karlsson post-practice media scrum drinking game: drink every time he says the word "obviously" or "I mean"

Must be some Swedish thing going on? Ever heard Nicklas Bäckström in Caps? He says "I mean" like in every 5 seconds or so. And I've heard other Swedish NHL players that also have a tendency to use the phrase more often than not. Dunno why actually?

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
Must be some Swedish thing going on? Ever heard Nicklas Bäckström in Caps? He says "I mean" like in every 5 seconds or so. And I've heard other Swedish NHL players that also have a tendency to use the phrase more often than not. Dunno why actually?

I think it's easy to be too hard on the Swedes about their English. The other Europeans struggles more and their way of building sentences leaves soooo much more to ask for that it's not even a point getting stuck at any faults. Swedish (young) players have not lived long enough in NA to be totally fluent but their school-english is good enough for a serious discussion. But they still need time to think before answering. Hence the common "thinking comments". And honestly, most of the NA born players aren't that impressive in English. They have a lot of "uhm" and "eh" going on.

John Holmes*

The Rangers didn't neutralize Karlsson at all. Check the stats. He had the most shots on goal and by a wide margin.

Lundqvist was the difference. Nobody could beat him. The chances were still there.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
So which game does Karlsson come back? Assuming he gets at least 1 regular season game.

tomorrow vs. Maple Leafs 7:00 PM (ET)
Mon, Apr 22 vs. Penguins 7:30 PM (ET)
Thu, Apr 25 @ Capitals 7:00 PM (ET)
Sat, Apr 27 vs. Flyers 7:00 PM (ET)
Sun, Apr 28 @ Bruins 7:00 PM (ET)

5 games in 8 days because of the Bruins re scheduled game. I hope he will play Pittsburgh but I think the game against the Flyers will be his first.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
I can't believe how quickley he's healing. Do you all think maybe his tendon was nearly as damaged as we were lead to believe?

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Yep, a clean slice is better than a tear and a partial tear is way better than a full cut. It was predicted ek was to miss 3-4 months and he is pass 2 months already so I dont think he is rushing it or being rushed. Ive also watched the interview of karlsson after his first practice and he seemed to be being very careful and I feel like he is not confident and happy with his condition yet, it will prolly take at least 2 weeks for him to be considered being inserted into the line up. Unless of course EK is again just trying to keep it low like what he has done the last few weeks

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
The Rangers didn't neutralize Karlsson at all. Check the stats. He had the most shots on goal and by a wide margin.

Lundqvist was the difference. Nobody could beat him. The chances were still there.

He took a zillion shots. Some got through... A zillion were blocked too. Karlsson was Karlsson vs the Rangers. It was hard to score. No better compliment then that Karlsson was Karlsson. Sometimes you lose. The Rangers and Lundqvist were relentless on defence. We pushed them... A better team then... To the limit. And lost. That happens. They were good and performed to perfection in what they wanted to do.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
So which game does Karlsson come back? Assuming he gets at least 1 regular season game.

tomorrow vs. Maple Leafs 7:00 PM (ET)
Mon, Apr 22 vs. Penguins 7:30 PM (ET)
Thu, Apr 25 @ Capitals 7:00 PM (ET)
Sat, Apr 27 vs. Flyers 7:00 PM (ET)
Sun, Apr 28 @ Bruins 7:00 PM (ET)

5 games in 8 days because of the Bruins re scheduled game. I hope he will play Pittsburgh but I think the game against the Flyers will be his first.

Pittsburgh. He feels better quicker then he thinks now. Plus he just wants to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad