Cut/Released: Kareem Hunt

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If I'm reading the tea leaves here, sure seems like Hunt isn't playing next year.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So whoever signs him would have to take the PR hit for signing him, and then again when he serves his suspension and plays.

There's a non-zero chance that Hunt never plays another NFL game.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
If they gave Zeke 6 after being told they should give him 0 games, I wouldn't be shocked for them to give him a 16 gamer or close to it.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Anger issues mixed with (likely) substance abuse has ruined lots of people's lives. Have to get help before things like this happen, though the reality is most people won't do anything until there's actual consequences.

Well, this is what I said after it happened so good on him for addressing the issues eventually. 50/50 he plays again in the league, IMO.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
He’s definitely coming back. He’s a young, talented RB. That’s a highly desired position for any football team. I think he’s scum, but he’ll play again.

Reactions: Terry Yake

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Lol people have been duped into their social justice warrior stances.

They and all corporations only care about money. Kareem Hunt can make them money, he's talented. He's a dual threat runningback.

Ray Rice was already on the decline.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Honestly if Hunt just told the truth, the NFL would have buried this long ago. He made them look bad, so he'll eat probably 8 games and in 2 seasons it will all be forgotten.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
If Dallas didnt have Zeke he'd be a lock to go there.

I think some teams are out of the running because of ownership. For example I cant see the Rooneys going after a player who assaulted a women.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I think some teams are out of the running because of ownership. For example I cant see the Rooneys going after a player who assaulted a women.

DamagedSatisfiedAlabamamapturtle-small.gif

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Eh, for the Steelers (like any team) it just depends how good you are. James Harrison was charged with domestic violence and since he was in his prime, the team didn't care. Cedrick Wilson does the same thing around the same time, and since he's a special teamer he's cut immediately. That's how life works.

It's also how the Chiefs would have handled it if it was a different player. Easy to waive an RB on a rookie deal, different to do it if it's a legit star (like Mahomes) or someone who kills your cap if you release them (like say, Sammy Watkins). Every situation is different.

Hunt's talent is also vastly overrated - no surprise that Damien Williams has been able to come in and give them 80% or more of what Hunt did for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad