Cut/Released: Kareem Hunt

Mar 1, 2002
Amy Trask (who worked for the NFL) said that the NFL higher ups refuse to do that because it's "not dignified" or some bull****. She should be running the league imo.

Private businesses shouldn't be the ones responsible for this, they are not the moral arbiter of right and wrong and shouldn't be in any position to do that.

They will never make the right decision.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Hunt gets claimed, right?
From a football POV would claiming him mean that the claiming team assumes his contract? So 2 more years under the rookie deal? If that is the case I would suspect he gets claimed.

He’ll get suspended for part of 2019.

I suspect fan reaction will be more harsh if there isn’t some type of legal consequence for Hunt but that is out of the leagues hands. All they can do is suspend him.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
From a football POV would claiming him mean that the claiming team assumes his contract? So 2 more years under the rookie deal? If that is the case I would suspect he gets claimed.

He’ll get suspended for part of 2019.

I suspect fan reaction will be more harsh if there isn’t some type of legal consequence for Hunt but that is out of the leagues hands. All they can do is suspend him.

Even more, if Hunt is suspended through 2019 I believe his contract would toll and they would have him on that cheap deal for the 2 following years, like what happened to Martavis Bryant.

But, seems like he didn't get claimed as we haven't heard anything through the deadline. I think now that more talk about that 2nd incident has come up, teams really have no desire to be in the Kareem Hunt business.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Private businesses shouldn't be the ones responsible for this, they are not the moral arbiter of right and wrong and shouldn't be in any position to do that.

They will never make the right decision.
wait, what?
private businesses do this all the time, every day
what makes the NFL any different?

Reactions: m9

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Amy Trask (who worked for the NFL) said that the NFL higher ups refuse to do that because it's "not dignified" or some bull****. She should be running the league imo.

Agree - I think she'd be great for the league and could make a huge difference.

I guess Goodell and the boys are cool with Harvey Levin swooping in from under them and exposing their players while getting a ton of website views. "Its not dignified" kills me - its as if they've never done anything bad and are a perfect organization.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
As a Skins fan I thought we were going to keep the trend of making ourselves like more of a questionable franchise by picking him up... Guess not!

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
As a Skins fan I thought we were going to keep the trend of making ourselves like more of a questionable franchise by picking him up... Guess not!

Might as well have, tbh. Not like the franchise can look any more scummy and he's a top end RB.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Might as well have, tbh. Not like the franchise can look any more scummy and he's a top end RB.

Lots of guys who are friend with Foster on that defense from their time at Alabama. Not so many guys who played with Hunt @ Toledo around to vouch for him.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think he'll play again, but I've never thought Hunt was an elite talent anyway. Chiefs will be fine long-term, though it hurts for this season.
He's already had his best year in the NFL.

After reading about the other incidents - I'm not so sure. I think he's done in the NFL.

He's not an elite athlete at the position and he's going to miss around 1.5 seasons early in his career. On to the next one.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
After reading about the other incidents - I'm not so sure. I think he's done in the NFL.

He's not an elite athlete at the position and he's going to miss around 1.5 seasons early in his career. On to the next one.

RBs are the most replaceable position as it is. I'm right there with you. I initially thought he wouldn't even be released but this seems to be much more of a pattern of behavior coming out now. Not sure he gets another chance.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

I haven't played a video game since Madden 2004 on PS2. I take it all games are now an online thing or something? You cant just play game in franchise mode now without internet/other players or something?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

I haven't played a video game since Madden 2004 on PS2. I take it all games are now an online thing or something? You cant just play game in franchise mode now without internet/other players or something?

You can do whatever you want still, they just update rosters online. I assume they just deleted him during a recent roster update. Not sure why TMZ cares.

Reactions: Voight

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
You can do whatever you want still, they just update rosters online. I assume they just deleted him during a recent roster update. Not sure why TMZ cares.

Cause they're scumbags that run a scumbag company. It's such a weird thing to harass and follow celebrities around asking them dumb questions.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
TMZ are vultures, nothing more. They're the kind of papparazzi that would snap pictures of you while you lay dying, instead of calling for help.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Cause they're scumbags that run a ******* company. It's such a weird thing to harass and follow celebrities around asking them dumb questions.

TMZ are vultures, nothing more. They're the kind of papparazzi that would snap pictures of you while you lay dying, instead of calling for help.

It makes for a lot of page views which = $$$. Theres also a lot of celebrities who send them tips about people they dont like

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->