Confirmed with Link: Kapanen re-signs for 2 years at $3.2 million AAV

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I think a lot of it comes down to drafting a certain type or looking for certain attributes. It's one of the reasons I've never been a fan of taking "safe" players with very little upside in the mid to late rounds. When you're drafting a Reid McNeil you're basically guaranteeing a wasted pick. Whereas if you draft Joe Scoring Champion who happens to be under 6'0 and has defensive issues, you might also be drafting a future ECHL scorer or because of his skills he DOES have, he develops into a Brayden Point or Kiril Kaprisov.

That was one of my pet peeves with how the Pens often draft. So many "low ceiling, high floor" types who project to be 3rd line/4th line players rather than take a bunch of swings at players who might have flaws in their game, but if they DO hit you've got a legitimate top line player on your hands.
Exactly couldn’t agree more…that’s why I nevet got why the organization refused for many Sullivan years to even scout Russian players…some of the biggest “hits” like Panarin, Kaprizov, etc—have been Russian…

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Even though he was advertised as not being good on the LW in Toronto I thought the few times he ended up there here he looked better. More willing to use his shot.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Good riddance. Too bad some of the excuse makers can’t go with him.

Remember when he wore that funny hat and this board love it?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Shame about his skull being caved in during the Isles Penitentiary game.
Pretty sure that just may destroy a great many peoples hopes and confidence... having that junk yard dog trying to murder you as a young kid trying to make it isn't much of a confidence builder.

Ever any explanation behind that or what caused it? or do we go with with our eyes saw.... a raging lunatic?

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Pretty sure that just may destroy a great many peoples hopes and confidence... having that junk yard dog trying to murder you as a young kid trying to make it isn't much of a confidence builder.

Ever any explanation behind that or what caused it? or do we go with with our eyes saw.... a raging lunatic?

I still believe that episode impacted his trajectory in a negative fashion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad