Confirmed with Link: Kapanen re-signs for 2 years at $3.2 million AAV

Liberty Biberty

Nov 15, 2010
Pretty sure that just may destroy a great many peoples hopes and confidence... having that junk yard dog trying to murder you as a young kid trying to make it isn't much of a confidence builder.

Ever any explanation behind that or what caused it? or do we go with with our eyes saw.... a raging lunatic?
Wasnt that the next time they played after the Brent Johnson KO'd DiPietro?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
As much of a shame as that game and moment was for him. The big dog was never meant to be an actual power forward in this league...

No matter how hard we pushed. Some got it, others don't.
He was shitty hockey player lol…don’t let the nostalgia overwhelm you…

Reactions: Factorial

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
As much of a shame as that game and moment was for him. The big dog was never meant to be an actual power forward in this league...

No matter how hard we pushed. Some got it, others don't.
I was just kidding about the injury derailing his career. The injury f***ed him up, but he was a garbage hockey player. :laugh:

Liberty Biberty

Nov 15, 2010
Yeah it sure was. I think there were some Cooke antics that pissed the Islanders off, too.

For some reason I guess Tangradi had to pay for all of it.
IIRC, Cooke was his usual self and caused a scrum, DiPietro took a swing at him, which made Johnson come in for the save. Which then caused Tangradi's head to become elbow practice from Gilles.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Was it Cooke? For some reason my brain's saying Talbot. :laugh: What a weird couple of games.

Talbot was a Flyer by then. But yeah it was a weird/sad scene regardless.

IIRC, Cooke was his usual self and caused a scrum, DiPietro took a swing at him, which made Johnson come in for the save. Which then caused Tangradi's head to become elbow practice from Gilles.

This sorta rings a bell. I know in the game prior, Cooke had been running around most of the match and eventually he "ran" DP (much closer to true to say DP interfered with him) right before the goalie-fight scrum. But DP wouldn't have been playing in the game Tangradi got blasted in because Johnson broke his jaw.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Talbot was a Flyer by then. But yeah it was a weird/sad scene regardless.

This sorta rings a bell. I know in the game prior, Cooke had been running around most of the match and eventually he "ran" DP (much closer to true to say DP interfered with him) right before the goalie-fight scrum. But DP wouldn't have been playing in the game Tangradi got blasted in because Johnson broke his jaw.
Ah HA! I haven't completely turned my brain into grey mashed potatoes just quite yet.

The high number of physical altercations was attributed to numerous on-ice incidents between the two teams throughout the season, most notably an incident during the prior meeting of the two teams in which Penguins forward Maxime Talbot delivered a hit to Blake Comeau that concussed him.

from the wikipedia article on the brawl.

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
Kapanen has been playing well for the blues and being consistent with scoring.. So was it him the problem or the pens inability to develop him.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Kapanen has been playing well for the blues and being consistent with scoring.. So was it him the problem or the pens inability to develop him.
Meathead coach used a new player to be his whipping boy. The scope of how Sullivan ruined the Penguins franchise won't be put into full context for a couple of years.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Kapanen stinks. He’s playing in an elevated role on a shitty team and is getting points because of it. I’m glad he’s gone and I’m astounded people on here can think otherwise.

• Haha
Reactions: Coastal Kev

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Kapanen stinks. He’s playing in an elevated role on a shitty team and is getting points because of it. I’m glad he’s gone and I’m astounded people on here can think otherwise.
At some point the search tool is your friend. Take a look at all of the other hot takes you have had and get back to me with how they panned out.

(please note- this will be another added the wrong category)

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

Eh. I think it can be a little of both.

Kapanen isn't some superstar-in-waiting. He's probably not even much more than a middle six player in the right situation. Wasn't gonna happen in Pittsburgh regardless and that contract isn't exactly great value on top of everything else.

But I dunno about "stinks." I think he's a perfectly serviceable player that requires his coach to put him in the right positions to be successful. He's gonna give you ~40 points and 15ish goals a full season playing mostly on your third line line with some spot duty in the top six while playing on your PK and that's not nothing. Hell that sounds a lot like what you guys all whine about wanting for the third line like every single season for the last 15 years.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Eh. I think it can be a little of both.

Kapanen isn't some superstar-in-waiting. He's probably not even much more than a middle six player in the right situation. Wasn't gonna happen in Pittsburgh regardless and that contract isn't exactly great value on top of everything else.

But I dunno about "stinks." I think he's a perfectly serviceable player that requires his coach to put him in the right positions to be successful. He's gonna give you ~40 points and 15ish goals a full season playing mostly on your third line line with some spot duty in the top six while playing on your PK and that's not nothing. Hell that sounds a lot like what you guys all whine about wanting for the third line like every single season for the last 15 years.

Exactly

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
More and more players flourish once they leave here. That’s not a coincidence. It’s a joke that our coach has a lifetime contract.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad