Value of: Kapanen or Johnsson for a #4 dman

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
The Canadiens have one less goal this season than the Maple Leafs while playing two less games. What point do you think you are making here?
I think he's trying to say that Domi is twice the player than both of Kappy and Johnsson together.
Funny thing is we already knew that.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Oh Great, three rookies on the back end. Sounds like a plan o_O
What happens when(not if) Klefbom misses 20 games? Or Bear
Russell can play on the bottom pair so there would only be two rookies left on the d-core.

Bear had been a main reason for the Oilers success this season. He is leading rookies in ice time this season so he is playing on a top level.

The only real problem would be Persson but a trade could solve that. Mike Green?

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Trade partners should be teams lacking offense with ambition to make the playoffs (i.e. MIN, CBJ, DAL, BUF, SJ on the top of my head). But I am not sure you get a quality 2nd pair D man for Kapanen. I know I like Savard but I fear the ask price will be too high, any CBJ fan care to intervene on the price ?

From my perspective, rather than trying to move Kapanen, TOR should move 1 of the four big contracts to free up cap space and rebalance this team

Reactions: carosey12

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Oh! Trade Nylander in a trade Kapanen or Johnsson thread, i am shocked!

Nylander is better then Kapanen. They did not pay Nylander more to maintain his hair. Kapanen is great on what he does and i would not trade him. But he is no Nylander.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
What a weird post.

Drouin started producing at a younger age than Kapanen and Johnsson. He also currently has more points than either of them, in fewer games played. As for Tatar, he would currently be 2nd in scoring on the Leafs.

You're attempt at making fun of the Habs backfired, bud... and I'm not even a Habs fan. lol

The post was about Domi and if you actually think Tatar is on the same level as the Leafs top 4 well you don’t know hockey...period.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
2nd line wingers are not worth 2nd pairing RHD's. The Leafs would be adding(I wouldn't think much). Especially ones that sponge off of Matthew's or Tavares
Those guys are hardly the products of Tavares or Matthews. Especially considering neither center is a true playmaker.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Those guys are hardly the products of Tavares or Matthews. Especially considering neither center is a true playmaker.
And who's rotating on the opposite wing? Marner(Kapanen)?......Nylander(Johnsson)?
They are the weak links on those lines

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad