Value of: Kapanen or Johnsson for a #4 dman

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
As long as the pick isn't a 1st rounder or the 2020 2nd rounder (can do a 2021 2nd if needed), that works.

You don’t have a 2020 1st rounder anyway. I mean unless the season becomes a complete disaster and it ends up top 10 which then pushes it to the Canes next year, but I don’t think you can trade the pick this year or next because of the condition. Anyway like you said, leafs don’t have draft picks to spare and prospect wise it’s fairly limited as well.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
Rielly, Mathews 50% retained and 1st for Risto and 2nd?

Buffalo would be stupid to decline that why would you say you wouldn’t trade risto to the leafs?
Are the leaves ever going to do that? The easy answer is no. Just like the Sabres would never trade a guy like Ristolainen to them with some kind of silly over payment which obviously won't happen.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Kapanen for Stecher could be a starting point for a deal imo. Stecher isn’t having a great start to the season but did elk in top 4 minutes last season.

Kapanen cap hit is a million more. Not sure if the Canucks have the cap space. If Canucks still have Biega, I probably won't mind making that trade however Canucks don't have a d to replace Stecher yet. Rafferty should stay in the ahl for the time being

Last edited:
Reactions: kbcb

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Stecher is exactly the right fit

No.4 quality dman
Right shot/side
Makes $2.3M
Still young
Feisty, good in his own zone.
Will probably put up 20 -25 pts

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Adam Larsson for Kasperi Kapanen

Thank you case closed

Dubas might cancel the deal once he learns that Larsson throws body check tho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad