Value of: Kapanen or Johnsson for a #4 dman

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Domi has as many points this season as Kapanen and Johnson who are considered the Leafs 5th and 6th best forwards lol. Tomas freakin Tatar leads them in scoring. Only took what Drouin three years to start producing?

What a weird post.

Drouin started producing at a younger age than Kapanen and Johnsson. He also currently has more points than either of them, in fewer games played. As for Tatar, he would currently be 2nd in scoring on the Leafs.

You're attempt at making fun of the Habs backfired, bud... and I'm not even a Habs fan. lol

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
As an Oilers fan, I would trade for Adam Larsson for Kapanen + 2nd/3rd round pick.

RNH-McDavid-Kapanen
Neal-Draisaitl-Kassian
Nygard-Hass-Archibald
Khaira-Sheahan-P Russell

Nurse-Bear
Klefbom-Persson
Jones-Benning
K Russell

Smith
Koskinen

Isnt Johnsson a better player?

Larsson + Marody + Jurco + 2nd round pick

for

Kapanen + Johnsson + garbage contract

Sweoilers

Jun 14, 2015
Isnt Johnsson a better player?

Larsson + Marody + Jurco + 2nd round pick

for

Kapanen + Johnsson + garbage contract
For the cap to work on our end you need to take Gagner back. Maybe him instead of Marody? Otherwise I would say that you got yourself a deal.

Mick Jagr

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com
Toronto has to keep these guys to contend. They need to move bigger money contracts out like say... Nylander who's no better than Kapenen at this point and Kapenen comes at a MUCH smaller price tag. Move Nylander and fix your cap issues...

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
We already have a #4. His name is Dermott. Pass on these awful offers in this thread. Good to know theres no point trading either.

I agree Dermott is a good defensive #4/5, but he’s a LD and the Leafs will need a RD with Barrie almost certainly not coming back. I’d like to see Liljegren promoted to the Leafs top 4 next year, he is having a great season in the AHL so far.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I don't get this. Kapanen and Johnsson both are significantly underpaid, and both are effective second line forwards. Why would Leafs try to get rid of them? The other thing is, their cap hit will only bring back a 3rd pairing guy, unless the D's underpaid. But in that case, they're not going to be enough.

What Leafs need to actually do is trade Tavares. Shed a good amount of cap and have enough value to get some quality pieces.

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
I don't get this. Kapanen and Johnsson both are significantly underpaid, and both are effective second line forwards. Why would Leafs try to get rid of them? The other thing is, their cap hit will only bring back a 3rd pairing guy, unless the D's underpaid. But in that case, they're not going to be enough.

What Leafs need to actually do is trade Tavares. Shed a good amount of cap and have enough value to get some quality pieces.
I would say Marner. Tavares has shown to be able to carry lines in the past. Move him and get multiple pieces

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I thought they just made a move like that for a #1 dman from Colorado, he came in and flopped and the thing the team needs to do most is reverse the trade and bring back Kadri's jam.

Outside of potentially Nylander in the right move, they probably shouldn't trade the big 3 anytime soon.
What they need is a DEFENSIVE d-man (or two of them). A guy who will help them not be scored on. Barrie isn't that guy.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
You could have had Hak's favorite top 4 dman Robert Hagg for Kapanen if Morin hadn't got hurt. Now sadly, we need to keep Hagger.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
For the cap to work on our end you need to take Gagner back. Maybe him instead of Marody? Otherwise I would say that you got yourself a deal.

good for oilers, but just suck for toronto. Do they really need marody, while givingup johnsson? they are really short of draftpicks, so thats a good sweetener

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Toronto has to keep these guys to contend. They need to move bigger money contracts out like say... Nylander who's no better than Kapenen at this point and Kapenen comes at a MUCH smaller price tag. Move Nylander and fix your cap issues...

100% agree. Nylander's cap hit is the problem. He's not a bad player but that salary needs to be moved to the RD side. Good luck Leafs fans!

Nylander for Larsson? Might fit for both teams

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Canes would be wise to keep that pick. Could be in the 10-20 range in a deep draft.

How do you know it's a deep draft when the 17/18 year olds have not finished their season yet and it's only 25% in? I think I heard this is a deep draft a few times and that is strictly a guess.

I watch the Halifax Mooseheads very closely and a guy like Barron is a top 10-15 range pick. I like this kid but if he is ranked at that spot in the next draft, this is not a deep draft. I think we need to wait till April to understand how deep it is

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
How do you know it's a deep draft when the 17/18 year olds have not finished their season yet and it's only 25% in? I think I heard this is a deep draft a few times and that is strictly a guess.

I watch the Halifax Mooseheads very closely and a guy like Barron is a top 10-15 range pick. I like this kid but if he is ranked at that spot in the next draft, this is not a deep draft. I think we need to wait till April to understand how deep it is

Nobody really knows how deep a draft is until at least 2-3 years post draft, but that doesn't mean people can't make assessments (or guesses) off of the available data at the time. Just because some guys might light up Junior hockey between now and April, doesn't change much IMO. It's still a guess with a little bit more data, that's all.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
As an Oilers fan, I would trade for Adam Larsson for Kapanen + 2nd/3rd round pick.

RNH-McDavid-Kapanen
Neal-Draisaitl-Kassian
Nygard-Hass-Archibald
Khaira-Sheahan-P Russell

Nurse-Bear
Klefbom-Persson
Jones
-Benning
K Russell

Smith
Koskinen
Oh Great, three rookies on the back end. Sounds like a plan o_O