Injury Report: Kapanen leaves game due to injury (arm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Man so many injuries. He is one of our trade chips too. We'll see how long he is out.

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
Don't think this is a trade. After watching Johnsson bring a little grit tonight it just makes me want to trade Kerfoot more. Get out from underneath this Kerfoot, Barrie disaster Dubas. This trade just didn't go our way

I’m the opposite I think kerfoot brings more than johnson, plays more positions, better passer and plays with an edge more than johnsson.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Don't think this is a trade. After watching Johnsson bring a little grit tonight it just makes me want to trade Kerfoot more. Get out from underneath this Kerfoot, Barrie disaster Dubas. This trade just didn't go our way

Johnsson playing like Milan Lucic ever since coming back from the Injury

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I’m the opposite I think kerfoot brings more than johnson, plays more positions, better passer and plays with an edge more than johnsson.

You clearly havent been paying attention to the last 5 games if you think Kerfoot plays with more of an edge.

Ever since Johnsson came back from the injury...dude looks like he's playing like someone pissed in his cereal

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
You clearly havent been paying attention to the last 5 games if you think Kerfoot plays with more of an edge.

Ever since Johnsson came back from the injury...dude looks like he's playing like someone pissed in his cereal

Maybe 2/5 games sure but the rest looks invisible and easily replaceable by timashov or Moore.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Maybe 2/5 games sure but the rest looks invisible and easily replaceable by timashov or Moore.

Agree to disagree but I think Johnsson has looked extremely more noticeable. I have to think Keefe had a talk with him to change his playstyle or something

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
I like Kapanen and I think he has more to give. The injury aside, I think he is probably a candidate for trade. I've always felt he and Nylander play a similar game, he needs to be on a team where he is higher up in the lineup. He can be a 65-75 point a year guy in the right situation.

Leafs need cap room and defensive depth. I hope he heals well and can help us or someone in the near future.

Comparisons? Different European surnames and that's it.

Kapanen will never score 65 points in a year, book it!

I hope he heals fast though.:):thumbu:

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Comparisons? Different European surnames and that's it.

Kapanen will never score 65 points in a year, book it!

Put Kapanen on a second line he with a finisher and will be a 65 point a year player. He doesn't shoot enough, something I would like to see him change, he's great at getting into dangerous positions and creating havok for the opposition.

He and Nylander have been competing against one another for years Internationally, both have NHL dads who had successful careers. Both use speed and are dangerous down low. He plays a similar game in my opinion. Though Nylanders commitment to getting to the net has helped him significantly this year.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Put Kapanen on a second line he with a finisher and will be a 65 point a year player. He doesn't shoot enough, something I would like to see him change, he's great at getting into dangerous positions and creating havok for the opposition.

He and Nylander have been competing against one another for years Internationally, both have NHL dads who had successful careers. Both use speed and are dangerous down low. He plays a similar game in my opinion. Though Nylanders commitment to getting to the net has helped him significantly this year.
To be a 65 point player he probably needs 1st unit PP time, and I'm not sure outside of a bottom tier team whether he's someone worthy of that role. His cycle game is fairly underdeveloped, and most of his points come off broken plays which he capitalizes off of due to his speed.

Reactions: The Iceman

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I just hope Kappy missing a check and potentially hurting himself...doesnt mean that he's gonna stop hitting and finishing checks.

What do the Hockey Gods have against the Leafs and physicality?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
The Goat plays 9 minutes a game, has 6 goals, is 58% on the dot and makes 675K.

How about we don't trade him.

Dude does everything well....but I just dont understand how you're that big but play softer a plate of pancakes

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Dude does everything well....but I just dont understand how you're that big but play softer a plate of pancakes

He's never been a big hitter, but he does hit, over the past two seasons he's hitting at the same rate Kadri has.

I wouldnt call him soft, it's just not his game. But when necessary he shows up.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
He's never been a big hitter, but he does hit, over the past two seasons he's hitting at the same rate Kadri has.

I wouldnt call him soft, it's just not his game. But when necessary he shows up.

That Second video is the Gauthier that is gone. That Gauthier is no more.

Trust me. I used to watch that exact video and ask myself..."what the hell happened?". Gauthier has shied away from physical confrontation ever since Dotchin took his knee out.

That first video....he practically had no choice to go over to Wilson and do something. The leafs were getting hammered by the Toronto Media all week that week for being soft. It was something Gauthier felt like he had to do for the sake of it...not because he wanted to do.

Dude is one of the biggest players in the NHL but he shies away from any physical confrontation. He could've been the solution to a lot fo the Leafs "physicality" issues if he actually played more intimidating

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
This team is cursed

Can these injuries ****off. We were so healthy flings 16/17 and 17/18 but injuries have picked up from last year.

Dermott/Matty/Gardiner all missed a lot of time last year.

This season welp it's the most injured I've seen our team in my time as a fan.

Unreal. Injury luck has not been with us this season.

Maybe the hockey gods having their revenge after we played the Robidas island card a few too many times. Lupul, Michalek, I’m sure I’m missing a few others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad