Injury Report: Kapanen leaves game due to injury (arm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Dude you gotta be trolling at this point lol. Pulling out anything and everything against Dubas :laugh: Someone proved you wrong anyways though, last years team was healthier than Lou's 16-17 team.

Tomorrow it'll be "With Lou as our GM our core was one of the youngest in the league. With Dubas as our GM it seems our core can't stop getting older".
Makes a statement comparing the injury history between the 2 GM's.

Proceeds to say he didn't say anything like that.

People will blame Dubas for anything, and then won't even admit it when they are caught.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Is it a fact. What are the numbers exactly that makes it a fact? I took the time to go over the numbers to see if it is true, even though it doesn't matter. The GM has no control over injuries and to think otherwise when the sports science team hasn't changed dramatically is insane.

Lou:
15-16 - 301 games (removing robidas as he was on an island)
16-17 - 134 games
17-18 - 101 games
avg - 179 games

Kyle:
18-19 - 118 games
19-20 - 119 games (212 pace)
avg - 148 games

So looks like it is not a fact and actually the opposite...

Not that it matters, it snowed yesterday and I slept in yesterday so it must mean if I sleep in tomorrow it will snow, it's a fact...

I really do hate when people post that things are facts without actual evidence or even looking into whether it is a fact. Don't trust your gut when you can actually look into the thing you are claiming is a fact.

How did you calculate such bogus numbers? Did you expect me to not double check it?

I cross reference IR and LTIR time lost on capfriendly for 2015-2016 to the games missed by the players and came up with 138 games lost (36 due to glass man lupul). This is nowhere near the 300+ games you're claiming... lol.

The Leafs did not lose 300+ man games to injury in 2015-16, thats just insane....

Also, a quick count to man games lost this season and I counted 123.

Last edited:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Any word on who takes his place? Moore?

If Kapanen is out tonight, Timashov probably re-enters the lineup. Moore played last game.

If Kapanen is out for more than a game, I think the Leafs will recall someone (Bracco maybe?) when they are back in Toronto for Saturdays game.

Reactions: DarkKnight

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
If Kapanen is out tonight, Timashov probably re-enters the lineup. Moore played last game.

If Kapanen is out for more than a game, I think the Leafs will recall someone (Bracco maybe?) when they are back in Toronto for Saturdays game.
I can't see them taking Moore out unless they feel he needs to be eased back in

killmak

Aug 14, 2018
How did you calculate such bogus numbers? Did you expect me to not double check it?

I cross reference IR and LTIR time lost on capfriendly for 2015-2016 to the games missed by the players and came up with 138 games lost (36 due to glass man lupul). This is nowhere near the 300+ games you're claiming... lol.

The Leafs did not lose 300+ man games to injury in 2015-16, thats just insane....

Also, a quick count to man games lost this season and I counted 123.

NHL Injury Viz: Index

Not sure how you came up with such low numbers in 15-16. Between JVR, Lupul Bozak, Hunwick and Spalding there is 147 games lost. I am sure the below numbers are not perfect, however looking into those that lost the most games the numbers add up to what they missed. The fact that we are having this conversation and even looking into this is so dumb though as it could have been avoided if Stamkos4life did research before he posted that the leafs were super healthy under Lou and injury prone under Kyle. Or if he didn't even come up with the idea as injuries are mostly random and the GM's influence on them is almost zero.

PlayerGames Lost
van Riemsdyk42
Lupul36
Bozak25
Hunwick22
Spaling22
Froese20
Michalek18
Loov13
Holland12
Komarov12
Reimer11