Injury Report: Kapanen leaves game due to injury (arm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
The Goat plays 9 minutes a game, has 6 goals, is 58% on the dot and makes 675K.

How about we don't trade him.

It is everything he does in between faceoffs that suck. Guy is a boat anchor. Congrats on the 6 goals. The 18.8% shooting percentage is triple of what he shot last season.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I’m the opposite I think kerfoot brings more than johnson, plays more positions, better passer and plays with an edge more than johnsson.
Agreed, Kerfoot eats a lot of sh1t here, but he’s a quality pocket knife kinda player. Good 3C, can move up to the top 6w in a pinch or when putting the lines in a blender. His transition game especially on the back check is under appreciated and I think there’s more offence to give.
I’d ideally love to see him & Kap anchor that 3rd line as I see them being able to be a defensively responsible matchup line that can burn you on turn overs.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Agreed, Kerfoot eats a lot of sh1t here, but he’s a quality pocket knife kinda player. Good 3C, can move up to the top 6w in a pinch or when putting the lines in a blender. His transition game especially on the back check is under appreciated and I think there’s more offence to give.
I’d ideally love to see him & Kap anchor that 3rd line as I see them being able to be a defensively responsible matchup line that can burn you on turn overs.

I'm not sold on Kerfoot but I will admit he is a different player since the fishbowl came off. It's hard to be good when you are dealing with a broken jaw. We have no legit 3rd line center for next year, he is showing more compete recently, I think he deserves a mulligan for his invisible year because of that broken jaw.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
It is everything he does in between faceoffs that suck. Guy is a boat anchor. Congrats on the 6 goals. The 18.8% shooting percentage is triple of what he shot last season.

It's always some depth player who's either the solution or the problem with some of you. Marner has some bad games where he's mailing it in and backhand blind passing the puck right to the opposition, yet post game people like you think the solution is calling up Nic f***ing Petan, or trading Gauthier.

If you think our issues are in our bottom 6 you've taken a left somewhere and are lost.

And for anyone who wants to trade Gauthier I ask, for who? Who's the upgrade?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I'm not sold on Kerfoot but I will admit he is a different player since the fishbowl came off. It's hard to be good when you are dealing with a broken jaw. We have no legit 3rd line center for next year, he is showing more compete recently, I think he deserves a mulligan for his invisible year because of that broken jaw.
He looked good last night with Tavares and Willy. Maybe he is a winger. You are on to something though with the jaw. Pain influences performance in a bad way.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
RE: Kerfoot, he was a bit snake bitten prior to the fishbowl but playing well. I don't mind the player at all but if he isn't your 3C, you need to go get one now, ideally a 2-way presence like a Faksa.

RE: Kapanen - Probably posted already but x-rays were negative last night on his arm so doesn't seem like there are any breaks etc.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
RE: Kerfoot, he was a bit snake bitten prior to the fishbowl but playing well. I don't mind the player at all but if he isn't your 3C, you need to go get one now, ideally a 2-way presence like a Faksa.

RE: Kapanen - Probably posted already but x-rays were negative last night on his arm so doesn't seem like there are any breaks etc.
When Barry walks we will have traded that C for Kerfoot :(

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Strange.

With lou as our gm we were one of the healthiest teams.

With dubas, it seems like we cant stay healthy for more than a couple games.

Reactions: egd27

rimshot

Jan 10, 2010
North of South Mtn.
He looked good last night with Tavares and Willy. Maybe he is a winger. You are on to something though with the jaw. Pain influences performance in a bad way.
Kerfoot received a blow to the head that broke his upper jaw did he not? I am not a doctor, but I would like to play one on HF, so could someone tell me how this blow to the head fractures his upper jaw yet does not give him a concussion?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
When Barry walks we will have traded that C for Kerfoot :(

I miss Kadri but there was some issues

• He didn't function as well as a 3C as a 2C, he's handling it better in Colorado with more minutes and more responsibility
  • He got himself suspended at a critical time for us 2 years in a row
  • He has a lot of elements in his game which we dearly miss in our forward group

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Kerfoot received a blow to the head that broke his upper jaw did he not? I am not a doctor, but I would like to play one on HF, so could someone tell me how this blow to the head fractures his upper jaw yet does not give him a concussion?
I am not a doctor either but I have taken many hundreds of shots to the head in games in junior and minor pro. You know almost right away when you are concussed when you get yourself back to bench. The lightheadedness, dizziness and nausea occur very quickly. Sometimes it is not that bad and you can play through it. But when a bad headache comes on in dressing room or on bench you are done.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009

I'm no Dr. either but perhaps the jaw actually breaking cushioned the blow to the head enough to prevent a concussion.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I miss Kadri but there was some issues

• He didn't function as well as a 3C as a 2C, he's handling it better in Colorado with more minutes and more responsibility
  • He got himself suspended at a critical time for us 2 years in a row
  • He has a lot of elements in his game which we dearly miss in our forward group
Yeah. I wasn't a Kadri hater or a homer. But I miss him a ton.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Dubas used up one bullet (Kadri) to acquire a dman. Better not waste another one (Kapanen). Kappy did not get suspended in back to back playoffs so fans won't be so forgiving if he blows a trade for Kapanen. We also don't have that many bullets left.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
yes, not sure why Dubas forced Kapanen to miss a check and hit the boards awkwardly. Smart analysis though

Pardon?

Where did I say dubas forced KK to miss a check a hit the boards awkwardly?

I simply made an observation that I am sure is provable using games missed.

You guys are do defensive when it comes to KD, it's amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad