Kane suspension? UPD 3 games per rule 40.4

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
As much as this suspension is a total BS, I'm much angrier about the delay, they did this on purpose to avoid a repeal on review

**** the NHL, **** the officials, **** their association, and double triple quadruple **** the shady-ass worthless DoPS, it's a DoPOS

Kane would never win an appeal and he was honestly lucky to get only 3. Please stop with the tin foil hats and playing the victim here.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Exactly my thought. Gotta help out the VGK any way they can.

This is the last season for that, right? Then the NHL gets a new toy in Seattle and they put Vegas on the shelf to collect dust

Guys, we just got a borderline major penalty called in our favor that reversed our fortunes and allowed us beat Vegas in the first round. The league is pretty clearly not out to get us or out to help them. Furthermore, he honestly got off light with the same suspension as Anthony DeAngelo whose “abuse of officials” was far more tame than this.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
My prediction: Kane learns absolutely nothing from this, doubles down on his victim complex, and continues to do absolutely nothing productive against Vegas and cost us games. I hope to god Seattle takes this headcase off our hands.

I'm not sure how you show up to work as Kane, after scoring 2 goals in the playoffs, and face a guy like Couture who puts the team on his back every year. Especially after you just got suspended for 3 games because of how you acted during a PRESEASON game because you couldn't keep your cool. Couture makes exactly $1m more a year than Kane. I'd be embarrassed to even be in the same locker room as guys like Couture, Thornton, and Burns.

Shame on me for being fooled into supporting this guy when we got him....

Reactions: The Ice Hockey Dude

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
sedands.

I'm not sure how you show up to work as Kane, after scoring 2 goals in the playoffs, and face a guy like Couture who puts the team on his back every year. Especially after you just got suspended for 3 games because of how you acted during a PRESEASON game because you couldn't keep your cool. Couture makes exactly $1m more a year than Kane. I'd be embarrassed to even be in the same locker room as guys like Couture, Thornton, and Burns.

Shame on me for being fooled into supporting this guy when we got him....[/QUOTE]

I'm glad he got suspended- he needs to learn to keep his emotions in check, but I wouldn't be surprised if he learns nothing.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Guys, we just got a borderline major penalty called in our favor that reversed our fortunes and allowed us beat Vegas in the first round. The league is pretty clearly not out to get us or out to help them. Furthermore, he honestly got off light with the same suspension as Anthony DeAngelo whose “abuse of officials” was far more tame than this.

The league didn't do this for VGK, they did this to protect the image of their dumpster fire officiating

By ignoring the incident for 2 days they let the conversation die down before punishing Kane so as not to draw attention to the egregious overstepping of boundaries their bushleague linesman committed which goaded the infraction

That linesman should be fired with no severance pay, and his family should go hungry knowing it's all his fault

Naki

Oct 8, 2009

The major penalty from last season is overplayed BS. The NHL has always been reactionary to injuries. There is no reason for fans to not be upset by the timing of a suspension announcement or the circumstances that led to the official being "abused."

On a related note how many times has San Jose had their full roster vs Vegas? Between injuries and suspensions it feels like at least a third of the games have had a top 6 forward or top 4 defenseman in the press box.

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
Missing Kane vs Vegas is a blessing honestly. He'd just rile up more crap that doesn't need to be started.

In terms of the official, we'll never know what if anything the league did on that front. My guess is just a conversation.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
The major penalty from last season is overplayed BS. The NHL has always been reactionary to injuries. There is no reason for fans to not be upset by the timing of a suspension announcement or the circumstances that led to the official being "abused."

On a related note how many times has San Jose had their full roster vs Vegas? Between injuries and suspensions it feels like at least a third of the games have had a top 6 forward or top 4 defenseman in the press box.

I don’t care if the major penalty is BS. The fact is it wouldn’t have happened if the league was rigging things in favor of Vegas.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Kane being out of the lineup is not good, guys

This team lacks goal scorers, as streaky as he is at least Kane provides a goal scoring threat

Who is our 4th best goal scorer with Kane out? Burns? Labanc? It's not good

Reactions: Patty Ice

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
I don’t care if the major penalty is BS. The fact is it wouldn’t have happened if the league was rigging things in favor of Vegas.

I get so tired of the victim crap. Every team's fan base thinks the officiating is out to get them. Reality is, bad calls happen all the time to every team.

Reactions: Phu

Naki

Oct 8, 2009
The optics forced their hand regardless of if it was rigged or not.
There are plenty of examples that the NHL is not rigged in favor of one team over another, the major in the playoffs is not an example.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
It's the spineless way the league handled this that makes me upset. A 3 game ban is whatever, but it's just dumped a day before the season starts right when rosters are due, and there's no explanation of the linesman's conduct. Kane's union better already have paperwork filed.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
As much as I don't like Kane being out of the line up for what goal scoring he does provide. I think 3 games is fair, move on and hopefully he does as well.
And that's what the league wants; move on, all the blame on Kane, pretend the linesman never did anything.

Joke

Reactions: weastern bias

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad