Kane suspension? UPD 3 games per rule 40.4

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
As soon as the call was made Kane was suspended.
The call wasn't made. Look in the game notes. He got 2 10 minute majors and no ejection. A call has to be made to the player and team the morning after the game. As far as we know that didn't happen.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
The call wasn't made. Look in the game notes. He got 2 10 minute majors and no ejection. A call has to be made to the player and team the morning after the game. As far as we know that didn't happen.
Every article that I’ve read has said it got called.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

Nhl.com is saying 10 minute abuse of official.

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
Every article that I’ve read has said it got called.
Because they didn't do research and just parroted the same garbage. Rule 40 requires a report from the official after the game.

R40 violations only relate to game misconducts and Kane received 2 10 minute misconducts.

This post is Dreger realizing he didn't read the 3 game clause but then even missing the part where it would have been reported the next day if it happened.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Because they didn't do research and just parroted the same garbage. Rule 40 requires a report from the official after the game.

R40 violations only relate to game misconducts and Kane received 2 10 minute misconducts.

This post is Dreger realizing he didn't read the 3 game clause but then even missing the part where it would have been reported the next day if it happened.
Nhl.com literally says Evander Kane-abuse of official.
San Jose Sharks - Vegas Golden Knights - September 29th, 2019

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Hockeycentral | NHL | NHL Rule 40

Which is not the same as an Rule 40 violation. If it were a rule 40 he would have gotten a game misconduct. Read the first line of rule 40.

It is though. Abuse of an official is an automatic game misconduct.

The 1st line of that rule is a subsection to abuse of an official. Notice how there are no rules stating a 2 minute penalty, 4 minute penalty or a 5 minute penalty? Its because if the ref deems it was abuse of an official its an automatic game misconduct and min 3 games depending on the severity of the abuse.

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
If he violated Rule 40, he would have received a game misconduct. He did not receive a game misconduct, therefore he, in the eyes of the officials, did not violate rule 40.

How do you abuse an official without violating rule 40? I have no clue, but that is what the officials evidently ruled that he did.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
If he violated Rule 40, he would have received a game misconduct. He did not receive a game misconduct, therefore he, in the eyes of the officials, did not violate rule 40.

How do you abuse an official without violating rule 40? I have no clue, but that is what the officials evidently ruled that he did.
But he did get a game misconduct....

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

He did violate rule 40. It says so on the nhls official stat page. Rule 40 is written in the rule book as "Abuse of an official"

Hence why its written on the stat page as Abuse of an official.

There is no other penalty minutes given to a player for abuse of an official. It is strictly a 10 minute game misconduct. Thats why its written on stat pages as abuse of an official (10 minutes). Because its a given that its an automatic game.

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
Dreger's tweet reads as speculation to me, but for what it is worth TSN forwarded his tweet as a report, so I don't know if they got his source first, or if this is a massive failure to verify reporting.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Dreger's tweet reads as speculation to me, but for what it is worth TSN forwarded his tweet as a report, so I don't know if they got his source first, or if this is a massive failure to verify reporting.

Its the right reporting. Its just that you are misinterpreting the rule that was called against kane.

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
Its the right reporting. Its just that you are misinterpreting the rule that was called against kane.
What part of rule 40 = game misconduct.
Kane got 2 10 minute misconducts so no rule 40 am I misinterpreting?

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
It's been two days and there hasn't been so much as a tweet from the league saying that the situation is under review, they've totally left the fans in the dark

Garbage league following the lead of their garbage officials

Reactions: Pavelski2112

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
He did violate rule 40. It says so on the nhls official stat page. Rule 40 is written in the rule book as "Abuse of an official"

Hence why its written on the stat page as Abuse of an official.
So is Rule 39 which is verbal and doesnt have the suspension requirements

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
What part of rule 40 = game misconduct.
Kane got 2 10 minute misconducts so no rule 40 am I misinterpreting?

I know you havent looked at the rule and the actual call from the nhls official stat page from the said incident.

Any and all actions to try and injure or get away from an official is a game misconduct. Thats the rule you want us to read.

The official call on the ice and on the official stat page is written from the refs as abuse of an official which means he was called for rule 40. Which means its an automatic game misconduct.

You need to get the idea out of your head that the page needs to write down that it was an abuse of an official 10 minute game misconduct. Because they dont need to differentiate between a misconduct and a game misconduct on this particular rule. Because there is no such thing as a misconduct for abuse of an official. It can only be a game misconduct.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad