Kane suspension? UPD 3 games per rule 40.4

Blackbear

Jan 3, 2007
Or until soneone from the nhl states it was overblown and rescinds the penalty.
There is one absolute rule in every sport at every level - you never put your hands on an official. I can’t imagine the league would ever rescind a penalty like this.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
But he did get a game misconduct....
No he didn't. He got a 10 min misconduct for abuse of officials. I don't know where that falls in the rule book as far as suspension but a 10 misconduct is not the same as a game misconduct. Maybe the refs needed a classification for his extra 10 min but didn't deem it worth the more severe automatic suspension. Maybe it was written wrong in the official game log and it was actually supposed to be a game misconduct. We're all just speculating but we should know something soon.

There is one absolute rule in every sport at every level - you never put your hands on an official. I can’t imagine the league would ever rescind a penalty like this.
The game thread had multiple examples where players made contact similar to Kane and weren't suspended.

I know you havent looked at the rule and the actual call from the nhls official stat page from the said incident.

Any and all actions to try and injure or get away from an official is a game misconduct. Thats the rule you want us to read.

The official call on the ice and on the official stat page is written from the refs as abuse of an official which means he was called for rule 40. Which means its an automatic game misconduct.

You need to get the idea out of your head that the page needs to write down that it was an abuse of an official 10 minute game misconduct. Because they dont need to differentiate between a misconduct and a game misconduct on this particular rule. Because there is no such thing as a misconduct for abuse of an official. It can only be a game misconduct.

ESPN shows it as a 10 not a game. Not the same thing.

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
I know you havent looked at the rule and the actual call from the nhls official stat page from the said incident.

Any and all actions to try and injure or get away from an official is a game misconduct. Thats the rule you want us to read.

The official call on the ice and on the official stat page is written from the refs as abuse of an official which means he was called for rule 40. Which means its an automatic game misconduct.

You need to get the idea out of your head that the page needs to write down that it was an abuse of an official 10 minute game misconduct. Because they dont need to differentiate between a misconduct and a game misconduct on this particular rule. Because there is no such thing as a misconduct for abuse of an official. It can only be a game misconduct.
He got called for 39.4 (which is also abuse of officials and has no suspension .)

Reactions: The Ice Hockey Dude

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
He got called for 39.4 (which is also abuse of officials and has no suspension .)
Do we know this for certain? Can you post the rule?

I found it. I bet it was this:
(iv.) Any player or goalkeeper who, after being assessed and unsportsmanlike conduct minor penalty, persists in challenging or disputing the ruling of an official.

Or it was written down wrong and it's actually a game misconduct and he's getting suspended. Who knows... From start to finish it's weird.

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
Do we know this for certain? Can you post the rule?
I am on phone so link is tricky, but all I know is the stat sheet says he got 10 minutes. Both Rule 39 and 40 are called abuse of official, and the only one that gives 10 minutes is 39.4. you can Google search it. "Rule xx NHL"

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
giphy.gif

This league is f***ing trash

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
This is the last season for that, right? Then the NHL gets a new toy in Seattle and they put Vegas on the shelf to collect dust
Only if the Knights win the cup by the 3rd year....Apparently promises were made. :sarcasm:

AHL big man defensemen the sharks traded Bibeau to Colorado for a couple days ago. (He is joking and saying go full goon.)
Ahh. forgot about him already. He was supposed to be a good prospect. Maybe Jumbo will go grumpy old man on the knights. With as much as he works out and as big as he looks this season I bet he could bust some orbital bones.:naughty:

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
As much as this suspension is a total BS, I'm much angrier about the delay, they did this on purpose to avoid a repeal on review

f*** the NHL, f*** the officials, f*** their association, and double triple quadruple f*** the shady-ass worthless DoPS, it's a DoPOS

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Hopefully it clicks with him that he needs to keep his emotions in check. VGK may be a collective turd but he's just turning himself into a bigger turd in the process.

Reactions: Munnyro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad