Injury Report: Kane out 4-6 months with torn labrum, Clitsome out indefinitely

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
BnwpGQM.png

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/?year_id=2015&team_id=-1&position_id=D&fa_type_id=2

Lots of good UFA vets for rental.

Time for chevy to cash some prospects in for help now.

(Marc Stall?)

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Maybe now is the time Chevy makes a significant trade. Not sure this collection of misfits can keep the D afloat for a month.

I sure hope not. At least not a trade of significant assets (unless we're getting back a long term one).

The organization has was looks to be a pretty long term plan from the start. I don't see how a couple of injuries (even though the team is playing well), should convince Chevy to make any panicky deals (not saying you indicated a panicky deal, just saying).

Derfel*

Chevy shouldn't do a thing. Keep the ship pointed in the direction it's pointed and full speed ahead.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
a lot of those players won't be available

of those who would be, only Franson and Petry hold any interest

overall not comfortable trading any b or higher prospects for a rental to fill a void

Those would be rental options.

If we were looking to give up more assets in a trade, I would think we would want a guy under contract longer.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Chevy shouldn't do a thing. Keep the ship pointed in the direction it's pointed and full speed ahead.

I agree. Unless he can flat out steal someone, he's in a horrible position to trade away assets for someone right now. The other GMs know that we lost Enström and Bogosian. And Clitmore of course.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Shane Hnidy?

From my home town of Neepawa :D I used to play in the Shane Hnidy golf tournament every year as a teenager when he was playing for Ottawa. Also installed his pool in Winnipeg when I was a poolboy....ahhh good times.

Seriously though he wasn't very good except for when he fought Tie Domi

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Maybe now is the time Chevy makes a significant trade. Not sure this collection of misfits can keep the D afloat for a month.

For ****s sake.

This is like the worst possible news! God damn it!

Time to make a trade Chevy. Time to do...something.
Please don't make a desperate trade to reinforce a blueline for a month.

Jesus... I'm all for calling up Morrissey right now. He's hitting his stride.

giphy.gif

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Talk about getting punched in the nuts when all I wanted to do was come on here and bask in the glory of a big win. We will need to start scoring and pray that our Goaltending remains exceptional.

:cry::cry::cry:

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I think this will provide some motivation for some of our team. Buff will do fine on D, Trouba has shown that he can pretty much put the whole team on his back, the rest will be fine as well.

Crappy, but I think we can win some and build some real character here.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
We needed an upgrade on the left side before the injuries, so it's no big deal.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
Talk about getting punched in the nuts when all I wanted to do was come on here and bask in the glory of a big win. We will need to start scoring and pray that our Gk remains good.

:cry::cry::cry:

Sorry to give you the bad news, but I think our Gk is due for some regression.

TSM

Go Jets Go
Jun 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Has BOGO ever played a full season, or at least close to a full season with just missing a game or two here and there?

in 2009-10 he played 81 games for ATL; but, I had him in my "injured by New Year" pool. Sadly, I think I won.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad