Prospect Info: K'Andre Miller (D) - Part IV

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Much like i was wrong last year about Fox and the impact he'd have (thought he should've spent the whole year in the A), I'll freely admit i thought the exact same about Miller this season.

seems i should say the same stuff about Lundkvist next season

lol, And Robertson, Schneider, Jones, etc... once the defense take shape over the next couple of seasons this team will take off and be dangerous

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
https://nypost.com/2021/02/01/rangers-should-name-chris-kreider-captain-after-tony-deangelo-mess
There have been all sorts of wild stories circulating through the internet the last two days regarding DeAngelo and his supposedly diseased relationship with K’Andre Miller. We have been told by numerous individuals that there is nothing to them and instead inventions to suit a narrative.

In addition, there are tales circulating that Kreider punched DeAngelo in the face after the initial imbroglio was broken up by Miller, as The Post reported Monday morning. That is simply not true, according to several individuals with knowledge of the situation.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Love that he broke up the fight but it’s also seriously problematic that a rookie 8 games into his career has to be the one breaking up fights between teammates.

Speaks to how atrocious the leadership on this team is really.

We do not know who else was nearby. Unless we know that all we can and should say about the situation is that Miller acted decisively when he saw the problem.

Let's leave the spotlight there.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Brooklyn appearing out of the weeds to drop truth bombs.

I still lurk quite regularly and after cataract surgery can actually see the puck again:D Makes the board much more interesting when you can actually see the games.

I've had a good feeling about Miller all along. It's fantastic to watch Miller--and Fox--from the beginning. They are getting better by the minute! Wow:highclap:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Who legitimately thought he'd be this amazing to start out his career? Asking seriously, did any one have these sky high hopes for him beforehand?
I really think I was his biggest cheerleader on here, and while I did think he'd eventually be this good, I did not foresee this level of play this year.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Umm hello I had him on trouba’s left before the season started!

He looked so lost at times last year with the Badgers that I thought he was going to take a long time to cook. It's quite shocking how good he has looked. I'm hopeful he's able to refine his game more in the D zone. If he does, he could out to be a combo of McDonagh and Staal in his own zone. Offensively he's great off the rush and shows flashes of really good vision. It'll be interesting if he's able to figure out how to get his shot through as I think it's underutilized. But that shorthanded breakaway was something else.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
He looked so lost at times last year with the Badgers that I thought he was going to take a long time to cook. It's quite shocking how good he has looked. I'm hopeful he's able to refine his game more in the D zone. If he does, he could out to be a combo of McDonagh and Staal in his own zone. Offensively he's great off the rush and shows flashes of really good vision. It'll be interesting if he's able to figure out how to get his shot through as I think it's underutilized. But that shorthanded breakaway was something else.

I commented a bunch last year on this but Wisconsin was a shit show and I had said I expect him to be a better pro than college player just because of his size and speed. I NEVER thought he’d look this good though however I also mentioned many times that the Rangers would have played him in playoff games over the summer if they were allowed too. That’s how big a step he has taken so I would not be nor was I surprised that he’d make the team out of camp.

just so big strong and fast and he’s really settle down in his own zone which was and is his biggest weakness

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
I commented a bunch last year on this but Wisconsin was a shit show and I had said I expect him to be a better pro than college player just because of his size and speed. I NEVER thought he’d look this good though however I also mentioned many times that the Rangers would have played him in playoff games over the summer if they were allowed too. That’s how big a step he has taken so I would not be nor was I surprised that he’d make the team out of camp.

just so big strong and fast and he’s really settle down in his own zone which was and is his biggest weakness

Agreed. The big change I've noticed in his own zone -- he used to just cover the front of the net at Wisconsin. He'd get too stationary. And it felt like he'd let players get body position on him. Now, while he is still is often looking for his man, he's been far more assertive and making quicker defensive reads. He's playing quite fast in his coverage. Which is I guess the thing I least expected.

What I do find interesting is that our most talented D in the college ranks all looked like they were coasting at times. And it had given me pause about all them -- Miller, Fox and now Zac Jones. I've been wondering if what i'm picking up on is actually more about the style of play in college hockey. Is it that the game is so much slower that the young D with hockey IQ/skill aren't forced to be as active? I dunno. But this may have also led me to misread Key.

Reactions: Kovalev27

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

The Wisconsin narrative is very interesting and a little bit confusing.

In one conversation, it’s seen as a tire fire when we want to talk about the importance of getting Miller out of there.

In another thread, DQ doesn’t get credit for anything with Miller and he was developed by Wisconsin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad