Prospect Info: K'Andre Miller (D) - Part IV

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
He looks so effortless skating. Havent seen that kind of stride since prime McD.

Imagine this kid filling out his frame. Man I wish McD was still here to mentor the kid.

Reactions: duhmetreE

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
He looks so effortless skating. Havent seen that kind of stride since prime McD.

Imagine this kid filling out his frame. Man I wish McD was still here to mentor the kid.
The past 2 games remind me of McDonaghs 'coming out party'.

Where he defended against Kovalchuk and rode him into the glass for a big hit and stuff his speed. I distinctly remember the play and Pierre McGuire gushing over him

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I wonder what the opponents are saying. And if he’s part of the opponents’ game plan yet.

He is doing things I’ve never seen a Rangers defenseman do.

We’ve had smaller offensive defensemen and some hard working grumpy stalwarts. But a guy like this, it’s a first. He’s strong... and lanky like Staal. but also so fast and graceful.

nyr__1994

Apr 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
I wonder what the opponents are saying. And if he’s part of the opponents’ game plan yet.

He is doing things I’ve never seen a Rangers defenseman do.

We’ve had smaller offensive defensemen and some hard working grumpy stalwarts. But a guy like this, it’s a first. He’s strong... and lanky like Staal. but also so fast and graceful.

This is what impresses me the most. He makes everything look effortless while getting where he needs/wants to be.

There have been a few times these last two games where he was lugging the puck up ice where in two or three strides he was creating separation and it didn't look like he was even trying. His stride is so long and powerful. If you watched him in a vacuum it would look like he is being lazy because you don't have the players that he is separating from as a point of reference for how fast he is gliding up the ice.

I can see some McDonagh in the way he defends, but McDonagh has some of the best feet in the league but they stand out when you watch him. K'Andre is just smooth and graceful in his movements. That's the best way I can describe it too- graceful. And that word doesn't get used to describe hockey players very often.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Miller has been on my list of top prospects for the Rangers since he was drafted. He's he perfect mix of physical talent and gifted ability! His skating is what will set him apart in the NHL. The guy can move and has looked perfectly in place at this level. I think the Rangers have a real star on their hands here!

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Jjksport

Jul 22, 2014
In the first game against Pittsburgh, there was a play where he went up the ice, the puck was lost and the Pens passed it up into the Rangers zone for the forward to chase. The forward had two strides on him at the Red line,, but KAM already passed him by half a stride at the Rangers blue line and easily retrieved the puck ahead of him. He made up 2 1/2 strides between the Red and Blue line. The really was impressive.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
When ever he rushes the puck up the ice, it always looks like he could just bee line with the puck to the net if he wanted to. The opposing D see his size and speed coming at them so they give him A LOT of space. I'd like to see him take those pucks hard to the net. Hopefully as he gets more comfortable and gets more leeway from the coaches we'll start seeing him do that more.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
There was also where he had taken control of a puck in his own zone with defender on him, and within 2-3 strides he separated himself and had the puck in the neutral zone

Lol it was Malkin who was on him.

He didn't have a mistake free game and his most egregious mistake is a really coachable thing (the 1st Rust breakaway, hes got to turn around and skate with Rust at that point instead of trying to break that up moving backwards) but he did so many things right in this game.

That backhanded sauce on the rush to Rooney? Who the f*** does this guy think he is? haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad