Prospect Info: K'Andre Miller (D) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayGiannone

Feb 2, 2012
Queens, New York
The silver lining in all this is that hes getting warm welcomes and getting reassurances from his future teammates earlier than expected and maybe they will all be better for it once he makes the team. Obviously this shouldn't happen in the first place but still. If only people had to say these things in the face of the person they wish to say it to.

Last edited:

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
The individual behind this thinks it's funny and somehow that's the most pathetic part of all of this to me. You're embarrassing yourself.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Blackhawks fan here - absolutely disgusting what happened tonight.

NHL needs guys like him and what the person said.... what a total arse. Keep those opinions and comments to yourself, no need to tear down a young player who is trying to make it to the NHL.

Unfortunately every organization using Zoom is having similar issues. If anyone was paying attention they would have done it over Instagram or something

The fact that the team hasn’t come out with anything saying they don’t condone it is troubling tbh.

Would take them all of 5 minutes to type up

Those types of people crave attention... all they want is a response and to know people are thinking/talking about it. Miller is probably better off not saying anything / acknowledging the persons comments.

Yep. Unfortuantely hockey has a huge problem with racism. Time and time again it shows and it ruins the image of this beautiful game we love so much

What kills me is you need guys like him and Subban to help grow the game and get more people of colour to play hockey. Who knows how many talented guys are out there who are scared to play the sport because of the racism.

Last edited:

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I'm sure Miller has had to deal with that throughout most of his life. Unfortunately hockey in the US is an overwhelmingly white, upper-middle to upper class sport. Meaning, lots of little douchebags running around talking shit and acting tough. K'Andre is actually tough, and I'm sure can deal with it. I'd be really surprised if he thought it was representative of our fans or anything like that.
Any racism is unacceptable but I would disagree with the assertion that white middle to upper class people are particularly prone to racism. In fact, I’d argue it’s the opposite. But either way, I would think this kind of garbage is very unusual. At least I hope so.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Any racism is unacceptable but I would disagree with the assertion that white middle to upper class people are particularly prone to racism. In fact, I’d argue it’s the opposite. But either way, I would think this kind of garbage is very unusual. At least I hope so.
Of course racism transcends class, but at least where I grew up, hockey drew from the same entitled douchebag class of kids that would produce "Lax Bros", some of the worst people in the world. But honestly, we don't need to take it down that path because at the end of the day, I think we all agree it's awful no matter where it's coming from.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Real shame to see this happen. This is an ugly incident, and one that should not happen. Good to see and hear that there is a groundswell of support for Key. As ugly as this incident is, it serves a stark reminder of what we still face in our society today. There are hundreds of thousands of kids who are minorities in the tri-state area, and you can rest assured that they have faced similar comments or expressions in their own life. Key has an opportunity to be a role model for them and show what it means to live up to one's potential, despite the detractors out there.

As far as these fan interactions go, the MSG media team need to practice tighter controls. A lack of understanding how technology works on their part is part of the issue, as is not being cognizant of how trashy some individuals can be. Learn to do a better job here, there are always going to be individuals who stoop to the lowest of the low. Being in media means you have to be able to control the narrative and what you present publicly- across all mediums. This was a failure in understanding the medium and your potential audience.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I agree. Racism is completely unacceptable. But the belief that it is rooted in white middle upper class people is idiotic. The whole "white privilege"concept is moronic. That is just as ignorant as discussing the concept of inherent racism. The entire world is not according to Zinn.

Finally, I do not believe in any "ism". I believe in myself. John Lennon said that. But he was the Walrus. I could be the Walrus and would still need to bum rides to school.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Real shame to see this happen. This is an ugly incident, and one that should not happen. Good to see and hear that there is a groundswell of support for Key. As ugly as this incident is, it serves a stark reminder of what we still face in our society today. There are hundreds of thousands of kids who are minorities in the tri-state area, and you can rest assured that they have faced similar comments or expressions in their own life. Key has an opportunity to be a role model for them and show what it means to live up to one's potential, despite the detractors out there.

As far as these fan interactions go, the MSG media team need to practice tighter controls. A lack of understanding how technology works on their part is part of the issue, as is not being cognizant of how trashy some individuals can be. Learn to do a better job here, there are always going to be individuals who stoop to the lowest of the low. Being in media means you have to be able to control the narrative and what you present publicly- across all mediums. This was a failure in understanding the medium and your potential audience.

Fully agreed on the last part. I'm not some tech genius myself but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to go onto the New York Times site and read current events and figure out what's been going on in the world with Zoom.

Who knows if this was a fan of the Rangers or hockey or even sports in general. I lean towards some 14 year old kid who just got done yelling it in Xbox Live sessions nonstop and wanted to troll on Zoom but we'll have no idea. Hopefully the person eventually gets exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad