Prospect Info: K'Andre Miller (D) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Hopefully temporary but this is a potential disaster.

So many schools and business during this virtual communication time depend on Zoom. It appears Zoom put some new safety measures in place and as of this morning both my kids karate and dance instructors couldn’t figure it out so class was canceled. So how many schools and business meetings will discover they can’t figure out Zoom on Monday?

Perhaps temporary and hope this is only short term disaster. Smh

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I lean towards some 14 year old kid who just got done yelling it in Xbox Live sessions nonstop and wanted to troll on Zoom but we'll have no idea. Hopefully the person eventually gets exposed.

Pretty much.

People are acting like this represents anything more than some jackass who most likely wanted to troll and get a giggle.

This very likely just represents the individual who did it, that's it.

Reactions: NickyLongLegz

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I agree. Racism is completely unacceptable. But the belief that it is rooted in white middle upper class people is idiotic. The whole "white privilege"concept is moronic. That is just as ignorant as discussing the concept of inherent racism. The entire world is not according to Zinn.

Finally, I do not believe in any "ism". I believe in myself. John Lennon said that. But he was the Walrus. I could be the Walrus and would still need to bum rides to school.
For the record, that's not what I said.

I do vehemently disagree with some of your other statements, but I don't think the "no politics" rule was lifted, so I'll just SMDH and move on.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Hopefully everything possible. At the least a ban from the garden. Depending on the wording who knows if they could have been interpreted as threats? I’m glad they are. Zero tolerance.

This would not be a popular opinion because this is an emotion-laden topic, but if it was just writing the "N word", I really really hope that this ends with banning from the garden and I don't know if it's possible to ban MSG Network. There shouldn't be any charges, fines, or jail time. As appalling as this was, I think any of those measures would be a violation of the first amendment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buchnevich89

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
This would not be a popular opinion because this is an emotion-laden topic, but if it was just writing the "N word", I really really hope that this ends with banning from the garden and I don't know if it's possible to ban MSG. There shouldn't be any charges, fines, or jail time. As appalling as this was, I think any of those measures would be a violation of the first amendment.

Well, again I didn’t see the chat but I imagine if the FBI is getting involved it is because there were either threats made or the attacks are considered a hate crime.

I agree that we can’t monitor speech in terms of criminalizing it. But I do have a hard time believing the FBI is getting involved for anything but legitimate reasons.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
If the person(s) was part of the first 500 people who got into the Zoom call through the link the team posted, then no laws were really broken and not much the FBI could do here.

The plausible legal cases would come from if they came in AFTER the 500 people threshold (assuming the team locked entry after that) because then you're dealing with breaching Zoom.

Reactions: JCProdigy

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Well, again I didn’t see the chat but I imagine if the FBI is getting involved it is because there were either threats made or the attacks are considered a hate crime.

I agree that we can’t monitor speech in terms of criminalizing it. But I do have a hard time believing the FBI is getting involved for anything but legitimate reasons.

But what's the hate crime? Writing the "N-word" with no threats? I obviously think this is despicable behavior but lots of despicable behavior is not considered a crime. I feel like the FBI got involved for Rangers' PR purposes. Of course, maybe I missed something.

hpNYR

HF Forecaster
Jun 18, 2006
Northridge, CA
www.twitter.com
How are you folks not putting two and two together? ‪Everyone needs to stop being so naive. Zoom classes and conferences have been strategically targeted by Russian hackers in efforts to create a deep divide in America again. It happened last election cycle and it's happening again. This time they're taking full advantage of everyone relying on Zoom and programs like it for conferences and classes because of the stay at home orders. The FBI is involved because its root is international. This isn't the only Zoom case the FBI is involved with.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I'm not big on following players on social media but to support K'Andre started following him on IG. Great to see everyone from all corners of the hockey world step up and show support. And people who are accusing the person of being an Islanders or Bruins or Devils fan or whatever, it doesn't really matter. This type of behavior should not reflect a fan base or a city. It's one idiot vs. the entire NHL/NHLPA/hockey fans.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
For the record, that's not what I said.

I do vehemently disagree with some of your other statements, but I don't think the "no politics" rule was lifted, so I'll just SMDH and move on.
Fine. But understand this. I DETEST the white privilege issue and with reason. My family and I (I was 8) came to this country with $300 of cash in our pockets. We lived in Brooklyn with 3 other families in ONE apartment. My dad commuted to friggin' Boston. Every day. Want to call me white privilege? I have more 'hood in me than than most that are running around claiming it. Don't come to me with white privilege. That is an utter crock.

Having gotten that off my chest, we can walk away. Or you can pm me.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
Devils fan here, in context doesn't matter, I am African-amercican, and became a huge fan of this kid after this nonsense. Hope he absolutely destroys it for you guys. Some things are just bigger than hockey. Was disgusted with the video I saw.

Played hockey all my life, some college, was called all the names you could imagine of course..I'm 34 now and hoped all of this nonsense would go away...shame to still see this ongoing. All the best to you guys and K'Andre

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
If the FBI is involved it's either because there was some sort of hacking that took place or because actual threats were made. They're not getting involved over simple slurs.

The video I saw was just the slur in caps over and over. I wasn't in the chat so I can't say if it was anything else but that's all it seems to be based on at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The video I saw was just the slur in caps over and over. I wasn't in the chat so I can't say if it was anything else but that's all it seems to be based on at this point.

I find myself on both ends of it. Being honest, I'm not running out and buying a DeAngelo jersey mainly because of his nonsense and his past. But I'm rooting for him since he's a Ranger and I'm a Ranger fan. He's a hell of a player and I hope they do lock him up long term. Flip side, I certainly get people not liking him or supporting him at all but I find it odd when Ranger fans actively root against him in games. To your point, if you were basing it on political views you'd probably wind up disliking even more than half the people on the team given the demographics of the sport. It just happens Tony is by far the most vocal about it.
Hockey is interesting because the players are generally wealthy white men, but such a large portion comes from places that skew quite a bit more left-of-center than the US. So I feel like that might even things out.

But like, baseball? Yeah I don't want to know about the players' views, at all. :laugh: Had a hard enough time with Danny Murphy.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Devils fan here, in context doesn't matter, I am African-amercican, and became a huge fan of this kid after this nonsense. Hope he absolutely destroys it for you guys. Some things are just bigger than hockey. Was disgusted with the video I saw.

Played hockey all my life, some college, was called all the names you could imagine of course..I'm 34 now and hoped all of this nonsense would go away...shame to still see this ongoing. All the best to you guys and K'Andre
Awesome. Miller is a great kid. I think he’ll go far. Still think his upside is the same as it was last season because I don’t put as much emphasis on points in the NCAA, other than for freshmen. But while I agree that racism is still a problem in the world, including in hockey, this was most likely one stupid kid who was trolling. I sure hope he was trolling. If he was being serious, that’s awful and the hockey world should get together and stand up for minorities. No one, especially someone like Miller who seems like a great kid, should have to deal with that. Ever. Either way, the guy should be condemned for saying that, but trolling should not be used as “evidence” of a bigger problem in the NHL.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I had a guy refuse to shake my hand after a hockey game.

Call me a sand nword.

Been called a terrorist.

Racism is real.

Wait What?

If that guy was on my team I would have popped him.

That's nuts. I have played literally 1000+ games and never experienced that (I am not calling you a liar, not at all) ever, although I had a guy spit at me which was f***ing disgusting. That shit should not be tolerated. But I used to go fishing with 3 Pakistani brothers, nicest guys in the world, and the crap they endured was frustrating to me, other than my religion which no one would know, I am as white as they come. I suppose ignorance is bliss.

Anyway, it really sucks you would have to go through it.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
upload_2020-4-5_17-35-8.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
it was blueshirts breakaway. Ep 228. You have to do all of the rest of the hard work.

Think he was talking about the org not being happy about them doing the pod. If he was not, then I am. Where did you hear this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad