Prospect Info: K'Andre Miller (D) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Honestly why would they be upset? The guys spent the entire time sticking up for the coaching staff and teammates. It was about as pc as you're gonna get.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I had a guy refuse to shake my hand after a hockey game.

Call me a sand nword.

Been called a terrorist.

Racism is real.
Name-calling exists both ways. People call each other terrible things all the time based on race and religion. Just depends on the country, city, or even neighborhood you’re in and whatever group is the majority.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
92240459_10158136479857180_1625928198535512064_n.jpg

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

"I had been keeping a close eye on him and gone in to see him live this year with Wisconsin," Drury said. "I felt like we had a good handle on where his development was at. We have really great relationship with Wisconsin and (head coach) Tony Granato, in particular, being an ex-Ranger. There's always a constant flow of communication and information. But as it pertains to him coming out, at the end of the day, it's the player's decision."

Drury goes onto talk about the undrafted college signings;

"Centers are so hard to find," Drury said. "You can never have enough. You're always looking around and always trying to get centers and we were fortunate in this college free agent market to get three really good ones."

Reactions: egelband

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
The internet is simultaneously the best and worst invention in human history.

If by worst you mean it allows people to expose themselves as bigots/racists/sexists/willfully ignorant/morons/etc. then I disagree. I prefer to know publicly where people stand and their inability to think critically rather then allowing it to lurk in the dark and fester.

I feel for K'Andre but this is likely nothing that he hasn't had to deal with before. Thanks to the technology, we just happened to get a glimpse of it.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If by worst you mean it allows people to expose themselves as bigots/racists/sexists/willfully ignorant/morons/etc. then I disagree. I prefer to know publicly where people stand and their inability to think critically rather then allowing it to lurk in the dark and fester.

I feel for K'Andre but this is likely nothing that he hasn't had to deal with before. Thanks to the technology, we just happened to get a glimpse of it.
That's the thing though. It's usually done anonymously.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
That's the thing though. It's usually done anonymously.

Some of the time, like in this instance you are correct. In other times, all you have is a social media handle which can keep them semi-anonymous (although with some research know how, you can find the true name of the individual in some cases) and in some cases, people willingly have their names attached. In any way it's revealed, at least it shows/reminds some that this is out there. That in of itself can be a powerful message.

Now on the flip side, and where I think your feelings are, the awful part of the internet is the ability to see just how awful humans can be. So yeah, it can get depressing and it's easy to become cynical of human society when you see a lot of it, which is now readily available to us.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Well... this was NOT a fun thread to catch up on.

f***ing people, Man.

Miller takes a lot of pride in his heritage, and I hope this is just added fuel for him to work his ass off and try to hit that insane ceiling.
Exactly. Just like I predicted that Marchand’s comments about Lindgren not being in the league for long probably gave Lindgren extra motivation.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Well... this was NOT a fun thread to catch up on.

f***ing people, Man.

Miller takes a lot of pride in his heritage, and I hope this is just added fuel for him to work his ass off and try to hit that insane ceiling.
Exactly. Just like I predicted that Marchand’s comments about Lindgren not being in the league for long probably gave Lindgren extra motivation.

Konamic Ice Hockey

Jun 13, 2012
Seattle
I agree. Racism is completely unacceptable. But the belief that it is rooted in white middle upper class people is idiotic. The whole "white privilege"concept is moronic. That is just as ignorant as discussing the concept of inherent racism. The entire world is not according to Zinn.

Finally, I do not believe in any "ism". I believe in myself. John Lennon said that. But he was the Walrus. I could be the Walrus and would still need to bum rides to school.

Feel bad for the kid. As a white person that grew up with black and mixed family, I have seen how bad both whites and blacks will treat a mixed person and it is just sad.

You brought up Zinn and what you said in the previous sentences is not really accurate with Zinn's teachings/concepts. Racism has always been about the poor. It is a class separator and a fantastic one at that. Poor to lower middle class will never be on the same team as a whole in this country. That is more what Zinn is about. It was started by the ruling class to control the poor(Zinn's entire thing on bacon's rebellion). Why would the KKK also want to stop the spread of Catholicism(mostly white-ish people that reproduce like rats)? KKK did a lot of what they did to blacks also to Italians and Irish. Wherever there is racism there is more to the story. Racism is just another tool to steer the public. This may sound bad but racism is one of the most efficient in controlling, philosophical ideas man has come up with, second only to religion. Tribalism, clan-ism and nationalism have been around for a long time and are all kinda the same thing but racism is very different and serves a totally different purpose. It is a new world invention. It is really simple, in France you had really bad classism. The poor hated the rich and the rich hated the poor. Well that sucks for the rich because there is more poor people than rich(this also gets into the wanting to stop Catholicism). So if you can get the poor to have major splits and divisions, the poor will never be unified. What racism is and the day to day manifestations are very different. The side-effect of racism is hatred and that is what we see, some idiot that spams the N-word at this kid that has already been picked on growing up. Miller has overcome these attitudes from both whites and blacks and also comes from a single parent household. Keep up the good work K'Andre!
You just decided to bring in a ton of slaves(both white and black) to build a country. Now by doing this, you also just imported poor people that hate you and are multiplying at a tremendous rate. What do you do?(don't answer this)

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You brought up Zinn and what you said in the previous sentences is not really accurate with Zinn's teachings/concepts. Racism has always been about the poor. It is a class separator and a fantastic one at that. Poor to lower middle class will never be on the same team as a whole in this country. That is more what Zinn is about. It was started by the ruling class to control the poor(Zinn's entire thing on bacon's rebellion). Why would the KKK also want to stop the spread of Catholicism(mostly white-ish people that reproduce like rats)? KKK did a lot of what they did to blacks also to Italians and Irish. Wherever there is racism there is more to the story. Racism is just another tool to steer the public. This may sound bad but racism is one of the most efficient in controlling, philosophical ideas man has come up with, second only to religion. Tribalism, clan-ism and nationalism have been around for a long time and are all kinda the same thing but racism is very different and serves a totally different purpose. It is a new world invention. It is really simple, in France you had really bad classism. The poor hated the rich and the rich hated the poor. Well that sucks for the rich because there is more poor people than rich(this also gets into the wanting to stop Catholicism). So if you can get the poor to have major splits and divisions, the poor will never be unified. What racism is and the day to day manifestations are very different.
Not going to respond to what you asked not to respond to, but Zinn is nothing but poppycock. I have read Zinn. I have read Mein Kampf. Aside from the fact that the former is much better written and not utter gibberish, ideology aside, the books are pretty similar. IDEOLOGY ASIDE, before anyone presumes that I am comparing Zinn to Hitler .

Racism is about hate, plain and simple. It does not differentiate between social status. It does not differentiate between color or how much money people make. You have rich racists. You have poor racists. And introducing racism as a to explain what a government does is not rational. All it does is create a narrative.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Not going to respond to what you asked not to respond to, but Zinn is nothing but poppycock. I have read Zinn. I have read Mein Kampf. Aside from the fact that the former is much better written and not utter gibberish, ideology aside, the books are pretty similar. IDEOLOGY ASIDE, before anyone presumes that I am comparing Zinn to Hitler .

Racism is about hate, plain and simple. It does not differentiate between social status. It does not differentiate between color or how much money people make. You have rich racists. You have poor racists. And introducing racism as a to explain what a government does is not rational. All it does is create a narrative.

There are a lot of facets to racism and why it exists.

It's not so much that white privilege exists. Women and minorities have been at a disadvantage in most places/time periods of America, that's undeniable. But it's also true that being white is a disadvantage in other areas of America. So is being any color depending on where you are. Hell you could live in a small town that loves football but you're short and weak so youre a victim of muscle privilege. Power disparities exist bc of social constructs, mental and physical differences.

White privilege is taking that fact and twisting it into something divisive under the guise of trying to "fix racism" and virtue points. It's not that the privilege or advantage isnt real. Its just about how people decide to deal with it and talk about it.

Humans are also tribalistic through our basic nature. Color is one of those separators in our dumb animal brains so it's not all about hatred. That's why people can have black friends and still look down on areas with high black populations or be turned off by the idea of interracial coupling.

People are absolute morons is what it comes down to. And this guy on the miller stream certainly was a moron.

We are dumb, stupid asshole animals with a penchant for treating others like shit for being different. The concept of white privilege is mostly just another tool used to be dumb, stupid, shitty assholes towards one group.

Last edited:

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
It’s important to remember that white privilege isn’t intended to be a blanket thing that applies to every single white individual in the country, even though some people take it that way. That’s not what the concept is about.

For example, one aspect is about availability of emergency financial help. But it doesn’t say “every white person has better access to emergency financial help.” When people talk about this in regards to white privilege, they say “a white person is *more likely* to be able to get access to $2500 for an emergency through their network of friends and family than a black person is.” This is based on real studies, not just theories being thrown into the ether. The more likely part of the statement is incredibly important. It doesn’t mean every single white person has this advantage. It doesn’t even mean that there aren’t whole swaths of the white population that don’t have it. It also doesn’t mean that no one in the black population has that kind of advantage.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
There are a lot of facets to racism and why it exists.

It's not so much that white privilege exists. Women and minorities have been at a disadvantage in most places/time periods of America, that's undeniable. But it's also true that being white is a disadvantage in other areas of America. So is being any color depending on where you are. Hell you could live in a small town that loves football but you're short and weak so youre a victim of muscle privilege. Power disparities exist bc of social constructs, mental and physical differences.
Does racism exist? Sure it does. And unfortunately, it applies to people of all races and colors.

Power disparities exist because of what some people are willing to do and what some are not. Let's not paint the country as some sort of dystopian wasteland.

Today, people look for a lot of excuses. A creation of a swaddle generation and cries "Victim!" for anything that they believe is not being simply handed to them.
White privilege is taking that fact and twisting it into something divisive under the guise of trying to "fix racism" and virtue points. It's not that the privilege or advantage isnt real. Its just about how people decide to deal with it and talk about it.
You can say the same exact thing about the cancel culture and the safe space culture.
Humans are also tribalistic through our basic nature. Color is one of those separators in our dumb animal brains so it's not all about hatred. That's why people can have black friends and still look down on areas with high black populations or be turned off by the idea of interracial coupling.
Human beings are people and are such flawed. If you want to look for perfection, you will be looking for a long time. Yes, there are people who look at color as a separator. But there are a lot more people that are color blind. Claiming the US as a whole is a racist country and everything that was done has been rooted in racism is not seeing the world past your own nose.
People are absolute morons is what it comes down to. And this guy on the miller stream certainly was a moron.
People are people and this guy was a moron.
We are dumb, stupid asshole animals with a penchant for treating others like shit for being different. The concept of white privilege is mostly just another tool used to be dumb, stupid, shitty assholes towards one group.
And that is the definition of a hot take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad