i-dont-believe-you-lies.gif
h

• Haha
Reactions: TheDirtyH and Kendo

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Maybe he's just a slow learner. Year 2 under Quinn had everyone touching themselves. Year 1 was an abomination.

Year 1 under Gallant was weak.... hopefully year 2 looks a lot closer to below ( year 2 under Quinn )...

yhpwJYu.png

Reactions: haveandare

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Maybe he's just a slow learner. Year 2 under Quinn had everyone touching themselves. Year 1 was an abomination.

Year 1 under Gallant was weak.... hopefully year 2 looks a lot closer to below ( year 2 under Quinn )...

yhpwJYu.png
Can you explain what these charts mean haha. What does each stand for

McSauer

Defense Wins Games
Feb 18, 2004
Jersey City, NJ
That open net he missed in Game 1 vs Carolina, in which they lost in OT. They did win the series in 7, but it'd been better to win it in less than that. Less wear and tear as they moved on to play Tampa Bay.

All I can think about when people cite his playoffs this year...or when people say 'he was our best player in the bubble!' with 0 points...

• Haha
Reactions: Bone Density

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Can you explain what these charts mean haha. What does each stand for
xGA (expected Goals Allowed ) +CA ( chances allowed ) is he's not giving up scoring chances when he's on the ice. At a really top end rate

CF ( chances forward )-xGF ( expected Goals Forward ) - he's getting decent scoring chances offensively when he's on the ice....

but the finishing was terrible. GF/60

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Actually did the Rangers a favor not breaking out yet. lol. But now it's time to take the next step forward.

I've been saying that there was definitely a secondary motive for not playing Kakko/Laf more on the PP last year.. it's going to help us a lot with their contracts here. If PP1 features Trocheck instead of Laf this year I'm sure everyone will have a meltdown.. but if it suppresses Laf's numbers it could end up paying dividends next year.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I've been saying that there was definitely a secondary motive for not playing Kakko/Laf more on the PP last year.. it's going to help us a lot with their contracts here. If PP1 features Trocheck instead of Laf this year I'm sure everyone will have a meltdown.. but if it suppresses Laf's numbers it could end up paying dividends next year.

I don't know if I buy into that. Holding back players so they can't get paid? Don't get me wrong it is an interesting theory but I just think they got pushed aside for more vet talent with experience. One example was with the TDL acquisitions. They were brought in to fill those spots in the Top 6 while the kids were moved onto a 3rd line.

Now with next season, Rangers replaced Strome but the other spots (Vatrano and Copp's) are open for the kids, it's their spots to lose now, imo.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Him getting points in game 7 @ CAR then games one and two of the ECF were so huge. Also had 4 in 10 I believe before the season ended. He got better and better after he came back and got 'settled in'.

Very excited to see what he does with this golden opportunity this season.
Man if you would’ve told Ranger fans in the 2019 offseason that they’d be excited about him having 4 points in a 10 game stretch at the end of his D+3 season… this tiny sample size argument is always dumb but usually the player at least has like a PPG in that stretch lmao. the cope is so strong.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Man if you would’ve told Ranger fans in the 2019 offseason that they’d be excited about him having 4 points in a 10 game stretch at the end of his D+3 season… this tiny sample size argument is always dumb but usually the player at least has like a PPG in that stretch lmao. the cope is so strong.

Ed, Kakko could carry you out of a burning building while Kravtsov watched and laughed, and you'd still say "but look how confident Kravtsov is"

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
His NHL career has so far not been what everyone hoped. Wonder if the player himself is sensing the reality of the hope of stardom and huge payouts dwindling.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
We'll see how this goes. K2 has moments of awesome followed by long periods of absolute nothing. Hasn't played a full NHL season yet because he's injury prone (and he isn't even out of his early 20's yet), hasn't been out of the teens in points during his last two seasons, and certainly isn't a Top 6 by any stretch of the imagination. Could break out. Could be lower than average as f***. We'll see.

dshea19

Jun 9, 2015
If they are not going to give Kakko PP1 time (not making an argument for or against), a 40 point season will be amazing. 40 even strength points is an outstanding season in the NHL. That is what I am looking for if he is getting limited PP time, and should be a similar expectation for Laf. Being .5ppg players with very little PP time should have everyone giddy. Doesn't sound sexy, but it is reality. If they put up 60 even strength points, you would be talking about the elite of the league. Not seeing that happen. Context is important for evaluating. For all of Kakko's struggles this year, given his limited PP time, he had a good season production wise. Not great and definitely room for improvement, but not the dark clouds many people complain about.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
If they are not going to give Kakko PP1 time (not making an argument for or against), a 40 point season will be amazing. 40 even strength points is an outstanding season in the NHL. That is what I am looking for if he is getting limited PP time, and should be a similar expectation for Laf. Being .5ppg players with very little PP time should have everyone giddy. Doesn't sound sexy, but it is reality. If they put up 60 even strength points, you would be talking about the elite of the league. Not seeing that happen. Context is important for evaluating. For all of Kakko's struggles this year, given his limited PP time, he had a good season production wise. Not great and definitely room for improvement, but not the dark clouds many people complain about.

Let's start a little slow here. How about he make it to.. at least 70 games this season and puts up 20 points. That will be a milestone for him after his last two years.

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
Two-way or one-way? :huh::laugh:
He's made huge strides in 22, good signing, great hit. Let's see how much he grows nxt season. If I was a Rangers fan I'd prob want more term though.
*******EDIT SORRY thought this was the main board 2nd time I've done this in last week. SORRY!! It was a joke bc ppl were piling up on him calling him bust etc when he's a decent player. DID NOT MEAN TO TROLL. Just embarrassed myself publicly instead lol I feel like a dbag my bad guys and gals. New site format throwing me off. Was rooting for you hard last season one my best friends lives in NYC.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad