EscapeGoat

We The North
Mar 27, 2013
The Hockey Mecca
2012-2013

Kadri - 18 goals , 26 assists , 44 points in 48 games
Seguin - 16 goals , 16 assists , 32 points in 48 games
Hall - 16 goals , 34 assists , 50 points in 45 games

Seguin was also on the Bruins who made the finals while Kadri played with Colton Orr.You can make a case that Kadri COULD be better than Seguin but Hall is better than all 3. He still hasn't played a full season, hasn't even passed 65 games and this will be his 4th season which can become a problem. I hope he doesn't become a guy who gets riddled with injuries throughout his year, the guy has all the talent in the world

Kadri played with Colton Orr last year?

mikebel111*

I think hall is better but only by speed and shot. However i take kadri over seguin any day of the week

hockeyfanz*

Love Kadri..he has tons of skill but better than Seguin or Hall?
Not a chance.

Seguin will pot 70 points with the Stars this year. The kid needs some guidance...he has all the tools and is much better on the puck than Kadri..has twice the muscle....their skills are comparable and Kadri is actually 2 years older and hasn't achieved as much...

Not sure how anybody can make this claim other than they hate Seguin because of the Kessel deal.

Punn

Sep 24, 2011
Brampton, ON
2012-2013

Kadri - 18 goals , 26 assists , 44 points in 48 games
Seguin - 16 goals , 16 assists , 32 points in 48 games
Hall - 16 goals , 34 assists , 50 points in 45 games

Seguin was also on the Bruins who made the finals while Kadri played with Colton Orr.You can make a case that Kadri COULD be better than Seguin but Hall is better than all 3. He still hasn't played a full season, hasn't even passed 65 games and this will be his 4th season which can become a problem. I hope he doesn't become a guy who gets riddled with injuries throughout his year, the guy has all the talent in the world

Please don't justify with stats or I'll go Corsi, puck possession, and shot differential on you (Leaf's still win games right?) :sarcasm:

Seguin is stronger, faster, has a better shot, and will be an elite player in the league.

Thank you Kessel:yo:

crazyaces**

I found Hall is not flat awesome like he was in spitfire anymore, I used to watch a lot of spit junior games vs Tyler's Plymouth team. I didn't see he is a lot better than Kadri at all on Saturday's game. different position maybe. Did u?

I dont know not what u talk about - maybe you watch game closer next time - you see better with out glass in hand and glass on face put on next time!

crazyaces**

Kadri is no where close to Hall or Seguin. Please stop.

/thread

I wouldn't say no where close... in fact Kadri out scored tyler seguin by 16 points last season, and was 2 points behind Hall.

He also did better than Duchene and as good as Tavares in terms of points!

But yeah if you ignore things like facts and stats than yeah its not even close!

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Kadri is a fantastic player, but Hall is way above and it really isn't even close, as overrated as Hall is by some.

Preisst*

Jun 11, 2008
Western Canada
Right now Hall is a better player. Long term who knows?

I knew you might think I asked dumb question, but, I really didn't see he is awesome like he was in Windsor anymore. sorry for the dumb question.

Not sure if it was just me but I got the impression the poster was trying to figure out your grammar and notsomuch the question itself. Not meaning to be negative, just understanding.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Please don't justify with stats or I'll go Corsi, puck possession, and shot differential on you (Leaf's still win games right?) :sarcasm:

Seguin is stronger, faster, has a better shot, and will be an elite player in the league.

Thank you Kessel:yo:

What will that prove? There are tons of players with great advanced stats that aren't as good as any of Kadri/Hall/Seguin...

That said, both Hall and Seguin are on a different level than Kadri as NHL players.

VL

Sep 22, 2009
The Pale Blue Dot
I wouldn't say no where close... in fact Kadri out scored tyler seguin by 16 points last season, and was 2 points behind Hall.

He also did better than Duchene and as good as Tavares in terms of points!

But yeah if you ignore things like facts and stats than yeah its not even close!

I guess Seguin must have intangibles (the same intangibles that got his ass shipped out of Boston).

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
What will that prove? There are tons of players with great advanced stats that aren't as good as any of Kadri/Hall/Seguin...

That said, both Hall and Seguin are on a different level than Kadri as NHL players.

There's nothing other than draft status that says Seguin is on a different level than Kadri. When Kadri plays intense and is on his game, he looks elite. Problem is consistency.

Seguin has all the tools to be elite but he isn't elite yet. He also just got traded out of Boston, so that has to tell you something. As of last year Kadri is the better player.

As for Hall, he is much better than both, but I question his hockey IQ at times.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
There's nothing other than draft status that says Seguin is on a different level than Kadri. When Kadri plays intense and is on his game, he looks elite. Problem is consistency.

Seguin has all the tools to be elite but he isn't elite yet. He also just got traded out of Boston, so that has to tell you something. As of last year Kadri is the better player.

As for Hall, he is much better than both, but I question his hockey IQ at times.

Define elite.

Because I don't think he will ever reach Getzlaf, Backstrom, Staal, Thornton, Kopitar level

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Define elite.

Because I don't think he will ever reach Getzlaf, Backstrom, Staal, Thornton, Kopitar level

That's a good point. Elite is different to everyone. At times he looks like a top 20 forward in the league IMO. At times he definitely doesn't. I will say at times he looks like a PPG player that plays with intensity and is quite gritty at the same time. Great combination of attributes.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
I've been watching the Oilers games on GameCenter this year. Hall isn't that smart of a player. Does a lot of stupid stuff. Highly skilled but seems to lack elite hockey sense.

Nugent Hopkins and Eberle are the studs in Edmonton.

Forget defence and goaltending, have you seen their bottom six? That team is winning nothing for a while. I don't know how their GM still has a job.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I've been watching the Oilers games on GameCenter this year. Hall isn't that smart of a player. Does a lot of stupid stuff. Highly skilled but seems to lack elite hockey sense.

Nugent Hopkins and Eberle are the studs in Edmonton.

Forget defence and goaltending, have you seen their bottom six? That team is winning nothing for a while. I don't know how their GM still has a job.

Hall is also struggling more right now in his overall game than he has for years. You are basically seeing him at his worst.

Simcoe23

Feb 2, 2011
kadri isn't the guy other teams are trying to shut down. Hall is a better player.

Thats because the Leafs are deeper than the Oilers.

Kadri has an edge to him that you cant ignore. He was pissed to be taken off the ice for that offensive zone faceoff, then on his next shift sniped a goal not many people would have tried. Every one Carlylse played with him last year got hot on his line and he carried this team for a month while the 1st line found themselves.

oscarknows

Jul 19, 2009
lets give kadri a break with all these comparsions first play him 21 22 minutes first pp and all 5 on 3 pp and play him with top 3players on team and lets see whats his numbers are

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad