Kadri vs Taylor hall

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
Hall has something Kadri will probably never have: elite athleticism/explosiveness. 3 times I counted where he got stood up in open ice by a Leafs defender, and still managed to push past with possession. And when he's one on one, there's nothing an average dman can do to contain that type of speed. Kadri just won't be that sort of physical force.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Hall has something Kadri will probably never have: elite athleticism/explosiveness. 3 times I counted where he got stood up in open ice by a Leafs defender, and still managed to push past with possession. And when he's one on one, there's nothing an average dman can do to contain that type of speed. Kadri just won't be that sort of physical force.

yes but neither is Claude Giroux... and 99 % of people would take G over Hall. While Hall has an advantage right now Kadri has skills that make everyone around him better... he's a playmaking machine - everyone who plays with him starts producing. I honestly believe Kadri has a chance to have 90 point season at some point in his career.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
It's closer than some people think, scoring wise i'd say they're on the same level, explosiveness and speed wise easily Hall.

very different players, both guys that can take over a game in different ways but slight edge to hall.

Edmonton though is a disaster, they've built through the wings, terrible bottom 6 and defense, apparently their goaltending is crap now too!

one of those big names is going out the door, they badly need a big name on defense.

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012

Kadri does have skills Hall will never have as well. I am not saying either one is better but Kadri's vision is miles better than Halls. The slick passes that only a small percentage of the league can make and Kadri can make them all. Hall is a high motor reckless young Oveckin like player just not quite the same shot(not that Hall's is bad obviously). The one thing about Hall's game is that he goes so hard he often is victim to his own momentum, wondering if it will continue to be an issue or if it was just a flukey chain of events for him.

Regardless, both are going to be great players they both just need more seasoning IMO.

Put them together with a guy like Lupul, Perry, Ovi that would be the triple threat line lol. #Dreaming

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I think the biggest difference might be that Hall is one of those players who seldom takes the night off.

I see quite a bit of him and he always seems to a big part of the games, while Kadri goes on vacation throughout the season.

It could just be Kadri was immature and needed to grow up a bit before he understood to be the best means working hard all the time. Coaches haven't exactly praised him throughout his time in Toronto ... unless you have your head in the sand you know this.

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
That had nothing to do with the goalie. That was just an awesome goal, but that's not really the point.

Edmonton is brutal. They tanked too hard and now they have a culture of failure. No one could succeed there.

Kadri is playing to win so he's going to be head and shoulders above Hall until he finds himself in a better situation.
it was a great shot, but it has a lot to do with the goalie

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Phaneuf struggles with all speedy, skilled wingers. Kessel probably makes him look silly in practice.

It's really not the skill that gets Dion it's the speed/quickness. He relies on getting his body in front of players and being physical with them. Some guys are too quick/speedy to do that all the time with and they'll get by him.

And when Kessel gets a head of steam there's not many, if any, defensemen that he can't make look silly.

Either way, I think Dion did a fairly good job against Hall. Sure there were chances, but in the end Hall didn't get a goal or a primary assist. In a game where the opposition scores 5 goals, I think limiting their best player to 2 secondary assists is perfectly fine.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Taylor Hall was invited to tryout for Team Canada at the Olympics, considered one of the best players of his Country, so I wonder if Kadri could beat him out for a spot on the National team? ;)

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
That had nothing to do with the goalie. That was just an awesome goal, but that's not really the point.

Edmonton is brutal. They tanked too hard and now they have a culture of failure. No one could succeed there.

Kadri is playing to win so he's going to be head and shoulders above Hall until he finds himself in a better situation.

Not sure I agree with the last sentence but you bring up a great point about a culture of failure. A team like Edmonton needs some veteran pressence (perhaps on their blue line) and they really need a great goalie.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
kadri isn't the guy other teams are trying to shut down. Hall is a better player.

This makes me feel all bubbly inside:handclap:

If you were the opposing team would you shut down PPG Kessel and JVR, PPG Kadri and Lupul or PPG Bolland and Raymond:laugh:

Due North

Mar 16, 2010
hall is on another level.

Kadri is better than Gagner though and I think you could potentially compare kadri-RNH if Naz has another ~PPG season and RNH has a bad year/Oilers miss again

Kadri is not used as the go-to guy like Hall is. I'd like to know what minutes
Hall plays every game vs Kadri. In their last year in junior ,Hall was second
in points with 103pts and Kadri fourth with 90 pts. Put Kadri in the same roll
then you can compare.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Taylor Hall was invited to tryout for Team Canada at the Olympics, considered one of the best players of his Country, so I wonder if Kadri could beat him out for a spot on the National team? ;)

This isnt really a fair measure considering Canada is so deep at C that Spezza didnt teen get an invite:laugh:

Egoclapper

Dec 21, 2010
i remember when peoples made the Kadri vs Seguin

lol
sure these kids may be "on another level"
but less talk more show, Kadri scored a goal that game

Kadri is definitely better than Seguin. But neither of them are as good as Hall.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Kadri is no where close to Hall or Seguin. Please stop.

/thread
2012-2013

Kadri - 18 goals , 26 assists , 44 points in 48 games
Seguin - 16 goals , 16 assists , 32 points in 48 games
Hall - 16 goals , 34 assists , 50 points in 45 games

Seguin was also on the Bruins who made the finals while Kadri played with Colton Orr.You can make a case that Kadri COULD be better than Seguin but Hall is better than all 3. He still hasn't played a full season, hasn't even passed 65 games and this will be his 4th season which can become a problem. I hope he doesn't become a guy who gets riddled with injuries throughout his year, the guy has all the talent in the world

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad