TSN: Kadri: "The confidence is there"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
Babcock expects a lot from his centermen. Is Kadri ready to be realgud, because Babcock expects his top centers to be realgud night in and night out.

I hope Kadri realizes that Babcock is coming from a team where he had Zetterberg and Datsyuk as his top centers the last decade or so.... Is he going to like what he sees when he realizes he now has Kadri and Bozak in those roles?!?

I hope they come into camp in the best shape of their lives, because Babcock is going to be riding them like rented mules. Time for Kadri to sink or swim.

Kubus

Jun 22, 2014
I really hope what he said about him being much stronger in his lower body is true. I think if he put in the effort required this summer he is going to have a great year. It's good that he has to prove himself.

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Babcock expects a lot from his centermen. Is Kadri ready to be realgud, because Babcock expects his top centers to be realgud night in and night out.

I hope Kadri realizes that Babcock is coming from a team where he had Zetterberg and Datsyuk as his top centers the last decade or so.... Is he going to like what he sees when he realizes he now has Kadri and Bozak in those roles?!?

I hope they come into camp in the best shape of their lives, because Babcock is going to be riding them like rented mules. Time for Kadri to sink or swim.

Is this a joke that I don't get? I suppose you mean really good?

Some of you can't help but hate his non-cliche banter with the reporters. He's more original then most hockey players. He speaks genuinely. He was asked about his off season preparation and answered that he worked hard and is happy with his results so far. I don't see how you guys continue to label him as cocky for that. It makes no sense.

He definitely needs to get back on track if he considers himself a high quality 2C, but his answers to the reporters deserve no criticism.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Kadri and Bozak are just there until Nylander and Marner take over center ice.

1. Marner
2. Nylander

Kadri is holding down the spot until Babcock's 3rd. year, and then Babcock will have his guys in place.

Kadri would be a good option on the 3rd. line, but he'll likely be traded for some size. Dubas has already stated you can move smaller skilled players for size, so it something to look forward to.

buttman*

Physically this should be his best season to date.

"becoming more professional..."

That's the directive.

Always been the directive. Kadri is 24 -- 6 years removed from his draft -- I am doubtful we will see any big transformations.

Once upon at time I had thought he would improve upon his weaknesses. Now, i just don't think he is that smart.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
Guy is super smart, he is a friend of complacency remember. (his words). I truly hope he does break through this year, that would be amazing for him and for The Maple Leafs, but I'm not holding my breathe. He's always been able to talk the talk. Lets see how he walks.

leafers

Oct 2, 2006

1. Marner
2. Nylander

Kadri is holding down the spot until Babcock's 3rd. year, and then Babcock will have his guys in place.

Kadri would be a good option on the 3rd. line, but he'll likely be traded for some size. Dubas has already stated you can move smaller skilled players for size, so it something to look forward to.

Babcock used to have Zetterberg and Datsyuk on the same line, I don't see why that would be any different with Marner and Nylander with Kadri anchoring #2.

Trading Kadri all in all is just a bad idea unless a massive overpayment.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
No surprise that TSN would pick out those words for their title. As expected, I don't think some people bothered to watch the video to understand the context of that statement as it was a pretty standard and straightforward answer.

I'm intrigued to see how the entire team responds to the new organizational character. Maybe ice time will be determined by merit, skill, work ethic, and not roommate and video game relationships.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

1. Marner
2. Nylander

I'm pretty sure that pencilling these guys into the #1 and #2 slot is exactly the kind of thing Babcock will NOT be doing. No more entitlement, these guys will have to earn it. There are many scenarios that could play out and predicting the future is a dicey proposition at best.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

1. Marner
2. Nylander

If this almost doesn't turn out this way then the Leafs are in trouble and the rebuild destined to be even longer.

Both Marner and Nylander have to have a bigger impact than Kadri based on draft position and current expectations.

Kadri becoming a 3rd line center would be okay as long as his contract was based on being in that position and not being paid as a top 6 if he is surpassed on the roster and depth chart at the C postion.

Myself personally I think only one of Marner or Nylander will supplant him with the other more likely then to become a winger. IMO

XXX -- Marner -- Nylander
XXX -- Kadri ---- XXX

beer123

Nov 15, 2009
2016 top 2 lines (wish):

Nick Ritchie - Marner - Nylander
Ladd - Kadri - Kapanen

one77

Dec 22, 2013
I believe Marner and Nylander will be our top 2 centres, making Kadri our #3C - which is amazing. He could easily be our #1C this year and #2C in the future, but I'm a firm believer that Marner and Nylander will develop into top notch centres.

JVR - Marner - Kapanen
Ritchie (Phaneuf trade?) - Nylander - Brown
Bracco - Kadri - Panik
Komarov - Gauthier - X

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Just like Tampa's TKO line "got dummied?"

It's cool that that line exists. Before it did, there were a ton of people saying you can't have success with a line built like that. It's another case of people saying you have can't do something in a certain way - until someone does it.

Something to keep in mind when people keep pointing to Chicago, LA or whoever else and saying you can't win without a "true #1C" or you can't win without a #true #1D" or whatever other cliche they think of.

There is no one formula to building a winner. The only recuirement for a winning team is that they win, period.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
If this almost doesn't turn out this way then the Leafs are in trouble and the rebuild destined to be even longer.

Both Marner and Nylander have to have a bigger impact than Kadri based on draft position and current expectations.

Kadri becoming a 3rd line center would be okay as long as his contract was based on being in that position and not being paid as a top 6 if he is surpassed on the roster and depth chart at the C postion.

Myself personally I think only one of Marner or Nylander will supplant him with the other more likely then to become a winger. IMO

XXX -- Marner -- Nylander
XXX -- Kadri ---- XXX

IMO this is another myth - the idea that a team can't have 3 centres who all make a lot of money because you can't pay your 3rd line centre like a top 6 forward.

Look at it this way - who says a team's top 6 forwards have to play on the top 2 lines? After all, it's already been shown that a team's top 3 forwards don't have to play on the top 2 lines (see Pittsburgh for the most obvious example).

If the Leafs were to have Marner, Nylander and Kadri all playing centre and they all got paid like top 6 (or even top 3) forwards, there is zero reason that can't be a winning formula.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
It's cool that that line exists. Before it did, there were a ton of people saying you can't have success with a line built like that. It's another case of people saying you have can't do something in a certain way - until someone does it.

Something to keep in mind when people keep pointing to Chicago, LA or whoever else and saying you can't win without a "true #1C" or you can't win without a #true #1D" or whatever other cliche they think of.

There is no one formula to building a winner. The only recuirement for a winning team is that they win, period.

It's the "one size fits all" fallacy that still runs rampant on HF.

The TKO line was the highest scoring line in both the regular season and playoffs and is actually good defensively too. I really hope we can form our own TKO line with any combination of Kadri, Nylander, Brown, Kapanen, Marner etc...

And like you said, there's definitely more than one way to win in the league.

mikebel111*

Always had confidence just no work ethic, hopefully he can get his percentage up on the draws. It's very difficult to play a guy on the PP and PK when his percentage is about 35% or is that high.

Except his % is 47 and looks to be going up
:laugh: at no work ethic. Wrong

Your Habs certainly did well in the 1st round of the 2009 NHL draft:sarcasm: i think their scouting needs a full revamp

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I don't know where all this no work ethic crap started. I don't know what goes on off the ice, but on the ice Kadri's give a crap rating has always seemed pretty high.

This season promises to be long and miserable but hopefully Kadri will be a big positive for us.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Kadri will get a fair shake. That's all he can ask for. Babcock doesn't have much choice this year though, hope Kadri steps up this year and gives leafs a tough decision for his next contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad