TSN: Kadri: "The confidence is there"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I like Naz, but he says me, I, and myself way too much.

Should be; we, us, the team etc..

I also didn't catch the question so maybe this is outta context, but also in general it's something I've noticed.

Oh well, rooting for yeah Naz.

RoyalGremlin

The future is now.
Jun 19, 2007
Ever since TSN "upgraded" their website they've had a complete lack of accessibility with captions. Really frustrating.

mikebel111*

This kid has freaking attitude issues. How dare he be confident? Trade for B. Schenn right now! Frattin will be an elite player and better than Kadri
Horrible character Kadri has and deserves to be shown the door
Who cares about the praise coaches and hockey people have gave him. It doesnt matter:sarcasm:

bobbyflex

Feb 26, 2010
Toronto, ON
watching him on the ice, his lower body looks bigger/stronger. You can tell he definitely put in the work this offseason. Hopefully his play on the ice reflects that.

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I'm still rooting for him. I hope he's our 2C with grit and occasional highlight level play when we're more competitive. Some nights he may be our sole source of entertainment this year.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Confidence was never the issue with Kadri. Being a professional and consistency is. Not sure if this was a surprise.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Still waiting for his game to match up to all the talking he does.

Hopefully it finally happens this year.

BB

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
I feel that a big part of the reason that he was so good in the 2013 season was that he entered the season with a chip on his shoulder and a need to prove himself. After the Cherry incident his production tailed off and I don't think he has played with the same fire since then, it was as if he started to rest on his laurels. He needs to regain the hunger from 2013 and if he does I feel like he can have another really good season.

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
Still waiting for his game to match up to all the talking he does.

Hopefully it finally happens this year.

BB

He does say the right things or things fans want to hear very often. But often he has disappointed with inconsistent play. Interesting to see what effect the new coach will have. The play of Kadri, Gardner and Phaneuf especially, under Babcock will be the key improvements or lack thereof to watch for.

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
I feel that a big part of the reason that he was so good in the 2013 season was that he entered the season with a chip on his shoulder and a need to prove himself. After the Cherry incident his production tailed off and I don't think he has played with the same fire since then, it was as if he started to rest on his laurels. He needs to regain the hunger from 2013 and if he does I feel like he can have another really good season.

He also had a head start compared to most NHL players that season. He was already playing in the AHL for 3 months before the NHL season started. So compared to most players he was literally in mid-season form.

I can understand the argument about having a chip on his shoulder, but I feel there is a lot more to it than his emotion towards being in the minors.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
can't wait to see him breakout this year, he is going to be our number 2 center for the future and will be hopefully be wearing an A later in his career. My favourite player he know this is a big year for him. If he produces 60-70 points with strong 2 way game he could get ror money. Hopefully he plays like around that level while getting a 6 yrsx6.5 or 7yrsx6

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Really hope he breaks out and shuts up all of his haters, will be awesome to look back at all of those polls that he lost

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I actually thought that was a good interview for Naz, wasn't really that cocky, he was just saying "I worked really hard and feel good about my offseason." Good. I'm expecting a lot from him this year, somebody is going to have to step up to be the offensive leader of this team, and I think it'll be Kadri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad