Confirmed with Link: Kadri Suspended for the Remainder of the First Round

How many games does he get?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Kadri was the only player to show a pair of balls and was the most effective player for the Leafs in game 2.
Yup. But better to be a soft and kind player like Nylander. We will really get better by trading compete players for scared ones.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
This league is so fixed it's such a joke

Why not just spot the Bruins a 1 goal lead for every game?

Reactions: Al14

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009
You can't have a complete, all-around player without pushing the envelope. I am not defending his actions but there's a trade off when you always play on the edge. He is comparable to Marchand in a way, with similar overboard plays.
He may be comparable to Marchand with overboard plays, but not comparable in the discipline he receives.

Reactions: ToneDog

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
What good is a player if hes suspended when you need him most? He cannt not be trusted
He addresses an are the the leafs have no depth in. Toughness. Was the best person on the ice last game and if the leafs advance to play tougher teams, you will understand why having a player like him is more important than having a Nylander

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
While it's an in person hearing, I don't think there going to throw the book at Kadri. I think George just wants to talk him in person and let him know anymore of this crap and they gonna give him a lengthy suspension. Every year/playoffs the same play happens where someone gets crossed checked to the head, last playoffs the same thing happened to Staal and he got one game.

Ill go with either 2-3 games for Kadri.. Don't get why he has to be so stupid for when we need our entire lineup to beat Boston

Well hey tossed the book at him...open ended suspension for...that? Really?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Forearm shiver can be even worse than a cross check from a stick!

It would have been good to see Chara lose his mind for a second and get suspended too. Kadri was hanging on to DeBrusk and he wasn’t sure if he was hurt or not.

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
2 straight playoffs he gets himself suspended. That's no good for us. He does nothing for us from the press box during these crucial games.
He has 2 points this playoffs as a non core player. Let's count the points of everyone else before you start carving up the team.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
What Kadri did was indefensible and im 100% on board with the suspension.

Im sick and tired of seeing headshots. I dont care about the context of them.

Lmao...I’d be on your side if it was called across the league and against everyone fairly...as it is now though I’ll take the headshots if it keeps our guys even slightly healthier

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Not condoning Kadri as it was stupid but some blame needs to go to wonder boy Dubas. Who let Komarov and Martin go and never added what they brought. Leafs have a lot of talent but no sand paper. Every year playoffs require sand paper especially against the Bruins. Dubas has a great regular season squad but they are not built for playoffs as rules always change whether you believe it or not in playoffs. Today's game is biggest for Leafs as they need to push back as a team and make this a rallying cry. Good luck.

Reactions: NikoEhlers

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
He addresses an are the the leafs have no depth in. Toughness. Was the best person on the ice last game and if the leafs advance to play tougher teams, you will understand why having a player like him is more important than having a Nylander

He doesnt address anything sitting at home. Thats the point. Hes a wasted asset, and hes proven time and time again that he cant be trusted.

Furthermore, hes a dirty, dangerous player, and I have no time for that.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
now he can send vicious emails and tweets to the boston players from the pressbox to keep them honest instead of being on the actual ice where he makes a difference, what a waste.
this guy needs to learn to keep his cool. so dissapointing after last year for him to have learned absolutely nothing and put us in the same disadvantageous position again.
I never thought about it that way, maybe Kadri CAN get into Boston's head with cyber bullying. I guess he can be useful off the ice.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

okay. and if he does something stupid and gets himself suspended vs that team, then what?
you can't be tough, sitting in the pressbox.
you can't be the best person on the ice, if you are sitting in the pressbox.
and quite frankly, i wonder how "forgiving" people would be if this was 3-5 games in the cup final and not the first round. because it's easy to be all "Oh, yah well. you know. it happens." but if it's the cup final, is it "well Naz was tough. huzzah?"

Reactions: Warden of the North

OppositeLocK

Nov 18, 2017

For sure, Kadri is the perfect amount of sandpaper and skill in today's NHL.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Lmao...I’d be on your side if it was called across the league and against everyone fairly...as it is now though I’ll take the headshots if it keeps our guys even slightly healthier

I don think you understand. Hes one of the most penalized players in the league. He keeps getting larger suspensions because he doesnt learn.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
He has 2 points this playoffs as a non core player. Let's count the points of everyone else before you start carving up the team.

Well, he ain't going to get any points sitting in the press box. Great, he has 2 points in 2 games, now he is sitting out during the biggest games of the season. Shanny and Co have to have a real mature talk with him before he plays another game again.

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
Lol @ the dumb f***s blaming Kadri for this.

He did exactly what was needed. The refs were a f***ing joke. If anyone is to blame its the f***ing refs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad