How many games does he get?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Boston Bruins forward Brad Marchand has been fined $5,000 US for cross-checking Philadelphia Flyers defenceman Andrew MacDonald in the face, the NHL's department of player safety. Marchand is a repeat offender and therefore precedent has been set for punishment. Last April. He had a 5 games suspension last year for the Elbow he threw earlier in the season. Same play he gets a fine.

Kadri gets what?

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Welcome to the National Hockey Entertainment!

Madison Avenue, what do you say? Need good Canadian teams advancing? Does Winnipeg get you a rating boost? How about skilled Leafs team defeated and ratings generator Boston advancing? I bet you like story a lot, don't you Madison Avenue, ?! Ok We at the NHE will deliver! Winnipeg Advancing? You'd rather Secaucus !

We at the NHL used to be concerned about fair play and making sure that the integrity of the game was above board and paramount, otherwise, it used to be believed, if the game is seen as pre-determined, it is ruinous to the business model. But the NHL, like the NBA became the NBE (National Basketball Entertainment) the NHL needs to promote US ratings generators given that Canadians can be taken for granted, the NHE has a Madison Avenue friendly arrangement.

Dear reader, I really want to be wrong. And it's just hockey and not religion and I get that, but sometimes I watch games like last night's and I have questions and doubt, as if some Doubting Thomas.

Reactions: brhymes19

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Guessing he won't get less that the last suspension which was a joke by the way. How many f'n times has the league turned a blind eye to Marchand's "accidental " slewfoots and fly by "accidental" contact ?? Joke.

Yep. I hate complaining about the refs, I hate how every gdt is filled to the brim with posts about getting screwed over by the league every time there's a missed hooking call but come on. Both Kadri incidents have been ridiculous.

Reactions: ToneDog

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
The League could suspend the entire Leafs lineup, and, MLSE revenues wouldn't even drop one dollar.

The Leafs could just ice an AHL lineup and still make more money than the Ottawa Senators.

The League knows they can make an example of any, and all Leaf players, and, there will be no effect on League revenues. Leaf fans will still blindly spend, spend, spend, on NHL merchandise and tickets all over the continent. It's no wonder they want to expand to Europe. There is a tonne of Leaf fans over there that'll drop even more Euros into League coffers.

Last edited:
Reactions: AreBe

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
While it's an in person hearing, I don't think there going to throw the book at Kadri. I think George just wants to talk him in person and let him know anymore of this crap and they gonna give him a lengthy suspension. Every year/playoffs the same play happens where someone gets crossed checked to the head, last playoffs the same thing happened to Staal and he got one game.

Ill go with either 2-3 games for Kadri.. Don't get why he has to be so stupid for when we need our entire lineup to beat Boston

JohnnyInThe6

Jul 1, 2018
thinking NHL puts him out for the series. 5 games

kadri has no chill. And if he had as much as heart as his supporters say he does, he would have just dropped his gloves not use a hockey stick as a weapon like a sc*mbag. Guy is a grade A moron + scumbag. Needs to be traded this offseason

Reactions: CDN24 and AreBe

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
thinking NHL puts him out for the series. 5 games

kadri has no chill. And if he had as much as heart as his supporters say he does, he would have just dropped his gloves not use a hockey stick as a weapon like a sc*mbag. Guy is a grade A moron + *******. Needs to be traded this offseason
But who would tell Kadri to "chill"?

The other Leafs who didn't stand up for Kadri when DB went after his knee?

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Guessing he won't get less that the last suspension which was a joke by the way. How many f'n times has the league turned a blind eye to Marchand's "accidental " slewfoots and fly by "accidental" contact ?? Joke.
How about his "accidental" sexual assaults on ice too?

League is such a f***ing joke.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
More importantly, when's the hearing for the two referees?

Their performance during the game was just as ludicruous as Kadri's!

They completely allowed the Boston goonery machine to rile up Kadri into a lather!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad