Confirmed with Link: Kadri Suspended 3 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Honestly - this might be a good thing for the Leafs. being down one of their better players, will force the Leafs to play more smartly - they've done this before and i am certain they will do it now.

There's a huge problem you're missing though.

The Kadri suspension isn't just about Kadri.

The plan was to play Kadri vs Bergeron at home to free up Matthews.

With this suspension we're forced to play Matthews against Bergeron at home as well.

Long story short, if Marner doesn't enter beast mode for the next 3 games, we're done.

Reactions: Coatsy79

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Kadri has his Tie Domi moment.A selfish player who has had attitude problems in the past will he ever learn?
Exactly this. The difference is Kadri is much more important to our lineup than Domi and thus will hurt us that much more. We need to rally around this and show we can overcome

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Get that **** out of here. I am glad someone stood up. Don't let them take liberties on our stars while we just watch.

There was no need to double team Marner in a 4-1 game. It could have been a cleaner hit but I am glad Kadri went for it right within the second Marner was hit.

Will you be still glad if we end up losing the series quickly? I want to win the series, personally.

Reactions: Tak7

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
I'll just say Kadri is a very selfish plauer. Saying that though...too steep a penalty conparitively speaking on what's gone on so far in the playoffs.

Dumbfounded

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Martin isn’t playing, Kadri lost his temper unless Martin was on the line instead of Marleau him being in the lineup wouldn’t have changed anything.
All we do know is that we got bullied and it made Nazem lose his cool.

Not playing Martin worked out great didn't it? I knew we'd get pushed around and maybe he's reconsider but this is a much worse scenario

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Get that **** out of here. I am glad someone stood up. Don't let them take liberties on our stars while we just watch.

There was no need to double team Marner in a 4-1 game. It could have been a cleaner hit but I am glad Kadri went for it right within the second Marner was hit.

Why? It was a dumb dangerous play that may have cost us this series, how was that the right call?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Will you be still glad if we end up losing the series quickly? I want to win the series, personally.

There have been times this year when Kadri's line was quiet and the Leafs still managed to win. I think this team will rally back. They know they got shafted with that suspension. Should have been 1 game at most. I expect a big f*** you game tomorrow from the Leafs.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

With this suspension we're forced to play Matthews against Bergeron at home as well.

Long story short, if Marner doesn't enter beast mode for the next 3 games, we're done.

That's on Kadri too. Don't do stupid shit. Play smarter.

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
Honestly if we got Tavares somehow, I would trade kadri for a josh Manson and nick Ritchie or something of that sort.. kadri is a good player but he just seems to do dumb stuff like this constantly

Leafs27

Ceci n'est pas un joueur de hockey.
Mar 13, 2007
Kingston, ON
Kadri has a hot temper, but I'm still of the opinion that the head contact was incidental. He was already going in for the hit (coasting, I might add) while Wingels was upright. Wingels falls at the last half-second, what was Kadri to do? I don't know, for something like that, comparing it to other stuff, 3 games is excessive.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
There have been times this year when Kadri's line was quiet and the Leafs still managed to win. I think this team will rally back. They know they got shafted with that suspension. Should have been 1 game at most. I expect a big **** you game tomorrow from the Leafs.

I hope you're right, man.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Why? It was a dumb dangerous play that may have cost us this series, how was that the right call?

It was in the heat of the moment. He didn't have much time to think about it. We're analyzing it here for 24 hours, he had less than 2.4 seconds to decide what to do.

I'll take the good with the bad. I am not going to blame the one guy that showed up to play physical hockey.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005

We can still have a shutdown line with Marleau at C.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Honestly - this might be a good thing for the Leafs. being down one of their better players, will force the Leafs to play more smartly - they've done this before and i am certain they will do it now.

I have to say though, that this is something that was brought up this season when Kadri went "red mist" and hit someone because he was mad, and everyone was like "yah! YAH! good on Kadri for getting revenge". when all he had to do was take the name, take the number, come back and fill him in later, and it cost us the game. And everyone was like who cares, it's just a game, passion, heart, wish everyone played like kadri did.

And I asked, (and so did a few others)
what if this were the playoffs? What if his action cost us something big and it cost us a playoff series, or the cup. and it was "pft, like Kadri would do something like that?"

well here we are.
Kadri literally could have done anything in that situation.
he could have gotten the puck (because 2 bruins were out of the way)
he could have dropped his gloves and filled someone in, taken the instigator + whatever because the game was lost
or he could have made that hit.

i really hope that doesn't cost us the series.

Well said Daisy.

I'm pissed. I'm pissed at the league for handing down a long suspension. But I'm also pissed at Kadri for the play. It was a stupid dirty play, but I thought he would only get 1 game not 3.

Reactions: Menzinger

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Then he should have thrown down the mitts and beat the piss out of him, took his fighting major and been back for tomorrow.

That was a dirty play, and there is no way to defend it.
I agree he should have done that but the problem with Kadri is that he doesn't fight he gets back at guys with cheapshots. That move is typical of his career.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Marchand crosschecks someone in the neck RIGHT BEFORE THE PLAYOFFS with the worst history of any active player and he only gets fined, Kadri gets 3 games for this. Doughty gets one game for a hit to the head. **** this league in the ass sometimes.

:laugh: I like your passion.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
All in a game that was never properly officiated to begin with.

Unbelievable.

Yep. This is the other aspect. The refs called penalties when they shouldn't have been called. They let go penalties when they should've been called. They let the after-whistle extracurriculars escalate and tensions boil up. And then, shockingly, when Boston gets back-to-back PPs in the 3rd and goes up 4-1, the game boils over and somebody (Wingels) simultaneously tries to seriously hurt someone else (Marner) and gets hurt himself (via Kadri). The refs lost control of this game, and bear at least some responsibility for how things unfolded, but no worries... they'll be doing another game in a few days. Because as we know, NHL referees are the among the few on this Earth who can be absolutely terrible at their jobs and face zero consequences for it.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I'm fine with suspension. It was a dirty hit, but how does Tom Wilson get nothing? Sure, his hit wasn't as bad as Kadri, but he has a terrible history and it was still a dirty hit.

Here's some adversity from the boys. Let's see how they respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad