Not open for further replies.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
welll according to people here
it's the refs fault for letting it get that far
the player deserved it for elbowing a player
it's not Marchand's fault,
They would at least spell well properly while doing it though :). Really weird to see the hate you have for Kadri popping up this season.

unitedstars87

Jun 2, 2006
Selfish dirty hit from a selfish player.

Hyman - Matthews - Brown
JVR - Bozak - Marner
Marleau - nylander - Kapenen
Leo - Plekanec - Moore/Johnson is how I would go

ChiTownLeafer

From Toronto to Chicago
Dec 26, 2011
Chicago, IL
Anyone *****ing about this loses their moral authority to comment on any future sh!t that Marchand or anyone does.

It’s dirty. Call it dirty.

Kadri has a history of this. That’s why it’s 3 games. Regular season, he probably gets 6-10. Remember his last one was for 4 games for cross checking Glenening in the head.

Thought they only consider that if it happens within the last 18 months?

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
it's on Babcock for not playing Martin?
How about it's on flipping Kadri for being stupid for making that hit?
That of course.....

But not playing Martin put the enforcer roll on kadris shoulders. And we all know he's a hot head. We'll get Martin now but lose a top centre in the process. I'm so pissed at Babs right now

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
The NHL just shot any chance we had in this series.

f*** this league. Wilson and Johansen get nothing and Kadri gets 3 f***ing games.

Reactions: ClarkSittler

ClarkSittler

Mar 25, 2014
Ridiculous.

1 game I could understand. 3 games is a joke. Hope they hold the dirty Bruins to the same standard.

How many games is Wingels getting for elbowing Marner in the face? Oh that's right he didn't even get a 2 minute minor.

NHL officiating is pathetic.

Leaf supporters, the biggest NHL fan base in the world. might want to reconsider the amount of money they give to the NHL considering how many times we get screwed. See the interference on the late Bruin goals in game 7 of the last series we played them and Gilmour getting slashed in the face by Gretzky in 93 for proof.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Don't put your ignorance on us. Marchants gets away with way worse more often. Do a bit of research.
Have I said that he hasnt?

All I said is that if Marchand, or Backes made this play, everyone here would think a suspension for a few games would be justified. Simple as that. Take the homer glasses off for a second.

Last edited:

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
We all know Kadri has a problem with controlling his anger on the ice. Usually his stupid shit is a dumb minor, now it's biting us in the ass. Thought it would be 2 games though, 3 is surprising.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
That of course.....

But not playing Martin put the enforcer roll on kadris shoulders. And we all know he's a hot head. We'll get Martin now but lose a top centre in the process. I'm so pissed at Babs right now

Martin isn’t playing, Kadri lost his temper unless Martin was on the line instead of Marleau him being in the lineup wouldn’t have changed anything.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Have I said that he hasnt?

All I said is that if Marchand, or Backes made this play, everyone where would think a suspension for a few games would be justified. Simple as that. Take the homer glasses off for a second.

5 and a game is more than enough punishment. I would’ve accepted 1 game too. 3 is excessive for the playoffs

Reactions: Brown Dog

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Unbiased opinion: 3 games fits the crime perfectly. 1-2 games was what I was hoping for, but 3-5 games is what Kadri would get in the regular season. There's no argument to be made for Kadri. He had time to react, took advantage of a player in a bad position, straight head contact.

Leafs REALLY have to change their game. Kadri is a massive part of the team, especially in the playoffs. Matthews, Nylander, Marner really have to step it up.

I think 3 is the right number as well, but I'm shocked the NHL actually gave him that. I figured he'd only get 1 or 2, in light of being punished in game (5+game) and previous precedent.

Whatever. We've seen this nonsense before. The Leafs have the spotlight on them and so when one our players act out, the league is much more inclined to issue the full punishment. Other teams, as we saw with Tom Wilson's jumping into the head of Melker Karlsson last night, tend to get off easier (to say nothing of Brad Marchand's history of getting off lightly). Ultimately Kadri can't blame anybody but himself. He's been here for a decade, he knows how things work. He committed a reckless and dangerous hit. And he, and unfortunately the team, is going to pay for his stupidity.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
We all know Kadri has a problem with controlling his anger on the ice. Usually his stupid **** is a dumb minor, now it's biting us in the ass. Thought it would be 2 games though, 3 is surprising.
2 seemed fair to me too

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
The NHL just shot any chance we had in this series.

**** this league. Wilson and Johansen get nothing and Kadri gets 3 ****ing games.
Yeah this is the final straw I sent Gary Bettman a really nasty twitter message, I want to know what he has to say for himself. I bet he wont even bother to respond even given the lack of transparency in this league.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I am disapointed at how quickly you guys give up. We have depth, do we not? We can still win if Babcock is not serious with putting Koma alongside Matthews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad